Video: The Eagles run a high school offense

CCBoy

Reaction score
Concepts applying against Miami...inside zone and outside zone.

"Mazi has shown us everything that we've wanted when we took him," Jones said. "He does need to continue his development. Mazi went in there and got some good snaps [against Buffalo]. We're gonna need Mazi and we're gonna need him in the middle there. They're gonna come at us in the run game in the future."

While Hankins didn't have first-round expectations when he first entered the NFL, he did have the regard of being a second-round selection and the expectation to perform quickly – something he said he didn't feel like he did to a level he was comfortable with until halfway through his second season.

"When you get first-round guys at those positions, you would like to see them splash out and do the same things they were doing in college," he said. "To me, I don't think that's realistic, especially for me first getting into the league. I wasn't at this level that I'm at now. All in all, you gotta learn the game and it'll get better. Everything else will fall into place."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/despite-outside-noise-cowboys-have-confidence-in-mazi-smith

His presence inside will be very important this game...and the Dallas inside zone play.

On outside zone play, both Parsons and Lawrence are the controlling forces. Both being double teamed has to be defeated by the light linebackers at the line of scrimmage.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Then watch out for play action in the center of the field...against Miami.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm hoping their line injuries stabilizes the Dallas defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yup. And it appears to have been exposed. Wonder if the Gnats have enough to challenge them?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yup. And it appears to have been exposed. Wonder if the Gnats have enough to challenge them?
On the other hand, how good does your personnel have to be to win 10 NFL games out of 14 utilizing a high school offense?

Zman5

Reaction score
I've saying for awhile Hurts can't read defenses yet. It's clear as day when you watch All-22. They basically run a same route combo on every play over and over again. That's to make it easy on Hurts so he doesn't get confused. He is a RB who can throw a little right now.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I've saying for awhile Hurts can't read defenses yet. It's clear as day when you watch All-22. They basically run a same route combo on every play over and over again. That's to make it easy on Hurts so he doesn't get confused. He is a RB who can throw a little right now.
So, your point is the Eagles win a lot of games because of the other 10 guys on offense, not Jalen Hurts?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You all are falling for the trap, they'll be fine, we need to beat them in the playoffs

BHendri5

Reaction score

Man!!! I have been telling people that ever since Hurts took over as QB, the dude is not a QB, definitely not an NFL QB.
Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Deshaun Watson, Cam Newton Richards in Indianapolis they’re very good athletes that was recruited to play QB in college because of their athletic abilities the coaches never taught them to play the position at the next level and what’s so bad about Jalen Hurts is that he had Saban and Saban couldn’t get him to understand how to play the position smh, .
Here’s a big key with guys like them if they get a chance to play QB in the NFL, watch the post game interviews and listen to the questions that the reporters ask them, they don’t ask them anything that would require them to try to explain the defenses played against them

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You all are falling for the trap, they'll be fine, we need to beat them in the playoffs
No.
They may, but that does not matter.
They need to defeat whoever is in front of them in the playoffs.
Nobody else.
If it's them, so be it.

kskboys

Reaction score
On the other hand, how good does your personnel have to be to win 10 NFL games out of 14 utilizing a high school offense?
Excellent. 2nd best OL in the game, best receiving corps in the game. W/ Swift and Gainwell, top 5 RB's as well.

kskboys

Reaction score
So, your point is the Eagles win a lot of games because of the other 10 guys on offense, not Jalen Hurts?
I'll take that. Sure. Jalen has now been exposed, and is only succeeding due to a loaded O. You do know his O is absolutely loaded, right?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Excellent. 2nd best OL in the game, best receiving corps in the game. W/ Swift and Gainwell, top 5 RB's as well.
How about a very good offensive line, two great receivers and a huge drop off after that, w/ Swift and Gainwell, serviceable NFL RB’s.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I'll take that. Sure. Jalen has now been exposed, and is only succeeding due to a loaded O. You do know his O is absolutely loaded, right?
They have a decent number of quality players. Every NFL franchise, and their fans, think to consistently win games you must have a quality quarterback. The Eagles are proving that theory wrong. Perhaps Trey Lance can be the Cowboys’ starting quarterback. Why pay your QB $60 million per season when a JAG will do?

Flamma

Reaction score
They have a decent number of quality players. Every NFL franchise, and their fans, think to consistently win games you must have a quality quarterback. The Eagles are proving that theory wrong. Perhaps Trey Lance can be the Cowboys’ starting quarterback. Why pay your QB $60 million per season when a JAG will do?
Dallas would have to change their entire offense to suit Lance.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dallas would have to change their entire offense to suit Lance.
If Hurts, a “running back who can throw a little”, can win so many games, how difficult can it be to change your offense to suit a “phenom” like Trey Lance? The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl with Hurts and he’s paid $51 million per season. The Cowboys have never won a Super Bowl with Prescott, who’s been in the league twice as long as Hurts, and he’s going to get well north of $51 million going forward. Do you want the Cowboys to fall in the same rabbit hole the Eagles just did?

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
If Hurts, a “running back who can throw a little”, can win so many games, how difficult can it be to change your offense to suit a “phenom” like Trey Lance? The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl with Hurts and he’s paid $51 million per season. The Cowboys have never won a Super Bowl with Prescott, who’s been in the league twice as long as Hurts, and he’s going to get well north of $51 million going forward. Do you want the Cowboys to fall in the same rabbit hole the Eagles just did?
several of zoners including myself think that unless Dak can show he can take playoff pressure and produce against top teams in the playoffs , he shouldn’t be extended, but that one Jerry guy thinks so ?