The early portion of the season could the moment of truth for Prescott and Lamb

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That’s the key
If we can run the ball it opens up the play action
If we can protect better it gives guys who may have less talent a chance to get open
The oline is the real key to the offense
Being able to duplicate the turnovers of last year is key to defense and that’s gonna be hard to do. Diggs had a career year he’s not likely to match
The team needs to get tougher up front on both sides of the ball. I don’t think the Rams, Tampa or Packers are that much better then us at the moment. The Cowboys can compete. I don’t expect Diggs to have double digit interceptions but I expect him to not give up as many plays and tackle better. I expect the Cowboys to have one of the better secondaries in the league next season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Take me serious or not.. I’ve been right all along.
You have also said alot of really dumb stuff too

That Adrian Peterson thing you went on about was beyond stupid

And that Randy Moss was better than Jerry Rice lol

Its like you say outlandish stuff just for attention

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
The team needs to get tougher up front on both sides of the ball. I don’t think the Rams, Tampa or Packers are that much better then us at the moment. The Cowboys can compete. I don’t expect Diggs to have double digit interceptions but I expect him to not give up as many plays and tackle better. I expect the Cowboys to have one of the better secondaries in the league next season.
Agree
I think he did less gambling later in the year
You really have to adjust to the arms in the nfl

Flamma

Reaction score
Its very likely Gallup with miss some time at the beginning of the season. If we stand pat at WR in FA and the early portion of the draft, that makes James Washington our #2 WR to start the season. Washington had a career high of 44 catches three years ago, and 54 receptions combined the last two years.

We extended Prescott to a top tier QB deal, and we drafted Lamb in 2020 to eventually be our #1 WR. Prescott, at least in the early part of 2022, may have to be able to do more with less and/or make players better. Lamb is going to have to show what he can do as the focus of a defense. He will have to do that all year, but he will have alot more attention on him with Gallup out.

Instead of hoping Prescott do what he can't do, we need a run game. It doesn't have to be the 2016 run game, but a decent one. The Eagles don't even have an NFL quarterback and were able to win those games down the stretch with a run game.

Flamma

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be ok as long as the offensive line improves The Cowboys did not have any issues with Dak (early season player of the year candidate) until the calf injury and CeeDee was playing at pro bowl level early in the season. Let’s not fool ourselves, the Cowboys issues last season was the offensive line. Williams and Badzas play let us down as well as the injuries to Tyron and immaturity of La’el ultimately led to the Cowboys demise.

This is what we tell ourselves to make us feel better. Look at who we were playing before the calf injury.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is what we tell ourselves to make us feel better. Look at who we were playing before the calf injury.
The reality is you can watch the games and see that the injuries caught up to him at the end of the season. Like Dak or not he has to overcome the injuries, he was paid to do so. Big year for Dak when it comes to expectations. No excuses.

basel90

Reaction score
Its very likely Gallup with miss some time at the beginning of the season. If we stand pat at WR in FA and the early portion of the draft, that makes James Washington our #2 WR to start the season. Washington had a career high of 44 catches three years ago, and 54 receptions combined the last two years.

We extended Prescott to a top tier QB deal, and we drafted Lamb in 2020 to eventually be our #1 WR. Prescott, at least in the early part of 2022, may have to be able to do more with less and/or make players better. Lamb is going to have to show what he can do as the focus of a defense. He will have to do that all year, but he will have alot more attention on him with Gallup out.
Cee Dee is an elite receiver . Not sure Dak has utilized him or amari when they were both here .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The moment of truth for the Dak/Lamb connection will come in December/January when the money games arrive. That’s when the entire team needs to up their game. Setting the world on fire the first three months of the season isn’t going to get us any further if we’re flaming out at the end.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You have also said alot of really dumb stuff too

That Adrian Peterson thing you went on about was beyond stupid

And that Randy Moss was better than Jerry Rice lol

Its like you say outlandish stuff just for attention

Eh, I stand by those opinions. It’s been proven time and time again that I’m usually ahead of things on this forum and my opinion is elite.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Eh, I stand by those opinions. It’s been proven time and time again that I’m usually ahead of things on this forum and my opinion is elite.
Well Ill give you credit for your confidence. I can at least respect that you stick to your guns

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I really do agree with you about the start of the season. But I think the absolute “moment of truth” for this entire organization will happen when any kind of accountability happens to owner and son. Some kind of reckoning and change. Until then most “moments of truth” will be minor.
:hammer:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This should be your avy given your posting style of the last 6 years

rsz_eeyore61_5881_5847.jpg
:lmao:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Dallas against the East................6-0
Dallas against all others...............6-6

We better hope the early part of the schedule is against the East.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Say whatever you want about my posting style but looking back it’s just a hard dose of reality. If you can’t see that then that’s on you.

You should be happy like Darth, skipping and prancing around for joy and, when time permits, be Stephen's personal water boy.

Mannix

Reaction score
Hey….I got an idea. Lets cut the second most disciplined route runner on the team in favor of paying a guy with a torn ACL double that salary…then, let’s pay a soft tweener of a TE triple what we could signed a true TE (OJ Howard) for…because we all know that out QB doesn’t need any help around him, and starting the first 4-6 games of the season shorthanded to boot is no big deal. All we need to do is win the East and get on a Super Bowl run like the Giants did twice…we don’t need any FA help…Duk Pratfall makes everyone around him better…we got this!!!

Last edited:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I think Washington is being undersold but we won't know until the rubber meets the road. You're not going to get it in this draft either. There are no Smith, Chase, or Waddle's in this years draft.
LOL. This is one of the deepest receiver drafts in quite some time. Do better.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I want to see is a return to a offense similar to 2016. .M ove Dak, RPOs, misdirection, toss/sweeps we must force defenses to cover sideline to sideline and back off. Use Pollard early and often, Zeke can spend his last season as more of a FB/pass blocker where he'll be effective.
So basically keep Dak out of the pocket at least 75% and he'll have a chance to shine.
Oh yeah, hire a flipping OL coach because as a group we stunk last year. Fundamentals were nonexistent.
Ok , I feel better now :banghead: