The Fans or the players?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Who takes a loss like this harder? The fans or the players?

Just wondering because as a fan you want to see the team come out and play inspired pissed off football next week but as a player, does it just take the fight out of you?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The players are professionals...the fans...not so much.

DTK

Reaction score
I would say that us die hard fans do. The players are just doing a job for which they are being paid very well for. Now those that are also Cowboys fans maybe so.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hostile;2471746 said:
The players are professionals...the fans...not so much.

I understand that but so often you hear football people comment about the psychological effect a loss like this can have.

The Panch

Reaction score
It depends. Some players are selfish who only care about a check. Some are still kids in the playground who push their body to the limit for victory.

In this case, Id say the defense. In most cases, Id say this team, much like Jerry, cares more about the glitz than victory.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Judging from the reaction on this forum, which is generally a more mature forum then most, I'd say the fans take it much harder.

It's like a divorced womens' group in here...or what I would imagine what one of those would be like. No offense ladies. ;)

gmb85

Reaction score
Whether we win or lose, I make sure I shoot my gun up in the air when I'm at the club.

Signed,
Plaxico Burress

The Panch

Reaction score
gmb85;2471797 said:
Whether we win or lose, I make sure I shoot my gun up in the air when I'm at the club.

Signed,
Plaxico Burress
Dont mean down in your thigh??

tnbk

Reaction score
The fans....any player on this team would play for Pittsburgh if the price were right, and vice versa,

I, however, would never, ever root for Pittsburgh.

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2471739 said:
Who takes a loss like this harder? The fans or the players?

Just wondering because as a fan you want to see the team come out and play inspired pissed off football next week but as a player, does it just take the fight out of you?

fans buddy...it's a business to most out there.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2471763 said:
Well I can be pissy for a while but I won't be ripped in the paper over INTs etc

Yeah but you will be ripped by unathletic, overweight booger-eating mouth-breathers at work all week that aren't even Steeler fans.

magic-sword

Reaction score
Physically the players feel like they are in an accident, to me that hurts eve more on a close loss. So i think they take two hits until Tuesday when they get paid.