The Favre love is silly

rcaldw

Reaction score
Don't you love it when they gush over Brett Farve right before he throws another pick?

I'll be the first one to admit that Favre is severly hamstrung by his supporting cast this year, but over his entire career he has been a turnover machine in some of the biggest games.

They love him because he throws the ball hard, plays with his chinstrap unsnapped alot (gunslinger), acts like he is having fun, and runs around a lot and does crazy things.

He has been a great one, I don't debate that, but I always felt like we had a big advantage with Aikman over Favre in those big games because you could count on him turning the ball over at some point.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been waiting for this to be posted all night. The Brett Favre butt kissing has been pretty bad again. Oh and this just in......he lost AGAIN!!!

rcaldw

Reaction score
Dogstar said:
What could Favre do on this Cowboy team?

According to Michael Irvin and T.O. we would be undefeated! And it is the stuff of dreams. If Brett Favre played within himself, even with his poor supporting cast, they would have a win or 2 or 3 more this year. His turnovers kill them.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Madden says "Brett Favre" at least 150 times during every MNF game that involves Green Bay. Come to think of it, he says his name at least once every Monday night despite who's actually playing. Although I like Favre myself, Madden's worship of him is borderline sociopathic.

I had to laugh when Favre threw a slant pass and Madden immediately said that Favre was the "only person who could have thrown that ball." :rolleyes:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I wonder how much of this love is being generated out of respect for him, knowing this is his last year? He has done some great things up there in Green Bay no doubt. He has been an elite qb in this league. Not bad for a small town southern boy. But no way would i have traded him for Troy,, any of the ones after troy,, in a heart beat. But I think alot of people are going out of their way to say nice things about him, knowing he wont be back after this year.. At least i HOPE that is their reasoning.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MsCowboy said:
I wonder how much of this love is being generated out of respect for him, knowing this is his last year? He has done some great things up there in Green Bay no doubt. He has been an elite qb in this league. Not bad for a small town southern boy. But no way would i have traded him for Troy,, any of the ones after troy,, in a heart beat. But I think alot of people are going out of their way to say nice things about him, knowing he wont be back after this year.. At least i HOPE that is their reasoning.
He hasn't announced he's retiring that I know of.

Reaction score
He said something along the lines of he won't be back if sherman isn't the coach next year. So there is a possibility of him coming back to play next year.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I was dying when Madden said that..." Brett Favre was the only qb that could complete that" it was a 5 yard slant. LMAO i thought even middle school football teams qb's could complete that.

He never says Him, He, Brett, or Favre it's always "BRETT FAVRE is a great qb, Brett Favre can do alot of things on the field. Ever since Brett Favre has played Brett Favre has been a comeback qb.Brett Favre etc."

That was an actual sentence or something like it.

Did anyone think some of those vikings penalties were PHANTOM penalties? That one penalty when driver scored they called "illegal Contact" On #21 Corey Chavous, who DIDN'T even get to Driver untill he had caught the ball. If anything it was on #26 Antoine Winfield, but winfield bumped him within 5 yards.It seemed like Madden and Monday Night don't want Min. to ever beat GB.

Wierd to think Green Bay is now 14-15-1 at home against Min. They have lost more at home then they have won. lol.

Any cowboys fans in the north will see me on spike tv sometime soon for this game. My uncle is dying of cancer and is the biggest vikings fan on the planet as far as I'm concerned. he has a vikings tattoo(his only tattoo) he named his dog viking, he has a yellow dodge viper with HUGE viking horn decals on the side. and HAD a license plate saying "mossisboss" or something like that, he lives in Atlanta yet flies to Min. to watch a couple games a year and training camp. So Spike tv is doing a show about obsessive fans and him and my cousin have been followed by camera's at the local sports bar and at his house. Well I'm at the bar sitting with them cheering for dallas at the same time, and i went to his house to spend the night tonight and i watched the game with him and got interviewed about them. Kinda cool I thought. Chris Carter is flying to atlanta to meet my cousin and uncle dec.10th b/c a fellow fan emailed Chris and told him about my uncles condition. I have a lot of respect for chris for that.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I would take TO before I took favre or McNabb.
Both Chokers and cost teams games with poor decisions/throws.

COWBOYFAN

Reaction score
I always enjoyed playing Favre and the Pack when we were on our run - because he was good for at least 2 picks, usually 3. I could never understand why he was so greatly revered and measured among the greats -- until I went to a Panthers game in Charlotte and watched him play.

For one thing - he's about as big as the offensive linemen. For another thing, he is one helluva'n athlete and a MONSTER competitor. He's a good sport and a decent dude, as far as I could see. And he's got a serious rifle arm and great will to win (I just don't think he's the smartest QB ever to play - and it takes all those things).

I still don't see him as one of the all-time greats... maybe in the top 14 or so QB's. But as far as the ball washing that goes on for him, that's been going on for a while in sports broadcasting with alot of athletes. It's not Favres fault.

I have wondered what it would have been like with him as a Cowboy QB. Almost like the second coming of Dandy Don Merideth. He could never have played under Landry with his improvisational antics -- which I think are his greatest downfall; for every good play he comes out of that with, it seems there are 5 that don't turn out well. But then what do I know - maybe alot of his successful plays are actually 'winging it' and relying on his arm strength and competitive nature -- which ranks up there with the best ever. I think he might have been able to play for Jimmy. He would surely drive Parcells over the edge; it wouldn't be a good marriage for either.

I just feel like if he had been able to tame some of his wilder side, while retaining his obviously pure and rare talent, he might have led the Pack to even more glory in his day. But maybe that would have prevented him from being as good as he is. He's quite a player to watch live, one of the most impressive I've ever seen.

But I'll still take Troy, for his even temperment and consistency.

CowboysFan07

Reaction score
Muhast said:
I was dying when Madden said that..." Brett Favre was the only qb that could complete that" it was a 5 yard slant. LMAO i thought even middle school football teams qb's could complete that.

He never says Him, He, Brett, or Favre it's always "BRETT FAVRE is a great qb, Brett Favre can do alot of things on the field. Ever since Brett Favre has played Brett Favre has been a comeback qb.Brett Favre etc."

That was an actual sentence or something like it.

Did anyone think some of those vikings penalties were PHANTOM penalties? That one penalty when driver scored they called "illegal Contact" On #21 Corey Chavous, who DIDN'T even get to Driver untill he had caught the ball. If anything it was on #26 Antoine Winfield, but winfield bumped him within 5 yards.It seemed like Madden and Monday Night don't want Min. to ever beat GB.

Wierd to think Green Bay is now 14-15-1 at home against Min. They have lost more at home then they have won. lol.

Any cowboys fans in the north will see me on spike tv sometime soon for this game. My uncle is dying of cancer and is the biggest vikings fan on the planet as far as I'm concerned. he has a vikings tattoo(his only tattoo) he named his dog viking, he has a yellow dodge viper with HUGE viking horn decals on the side. and HAD a license plate saying "mossisboss" or something like that, he lives in Atlanta yet flies to Min. to watch a couple games a year and training camp. So Spike tv is doing a show about obsessive fans and him and my cousin have been followed by camera's at the local sports bar and at his house. Well I'm at the bar sitting with them cheering for dallas at the same time, and i went to his house to spend the night tonight and i watched the game with him and got interviewed about them. Kinda cool I thought. Chris Carter is flying to atlanta to meet my cousin and uncle dec.10th b/c a fellow fan emailed Chris and told him about my uncles condition. I have a lot of respect for chris for that.

Kinda funny you mentioned Chris Carter. I remember in 5th grade(95-96) that all the students in my school had to choose someone they admired, and I chose CC over Michael Irvin over a lot of students at my school, because I had just seen a special about him and how he had beat his drug addiction and partying ways. When the same week all of these posters were placed on the wall, with so many posters saying Michael Irvin that they admired most, had just come public with his own drug addiction. It was a bittersweet time for a Cowboys/Chris Carter fan like myself.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Its funny when every monday, maddenn says the same thing about the QB that is playin on that particular day.

''Only _________ can throw that pass'' ''only ________ has that arm strength''

hahahaha, every monday night seem like i'm playin my PS2 FoOtball Game..GeEz

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Peter King is no better. He throws Brett Favre into his stories any chance he gets.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Brett Favre vs. Teddy Bruschi in a the ultimate celebrity death match... :D