The Female Van Halen

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Pretty impressive, thing is there are tons of players that can play Eruption today with the help of YT/Online Tablature. Not saying its old hat just not as impressive as it was 43 years ago. What is impressive however are her covers of the Ice Cream Man solo which due to its wide open stretch that opens the solo is fairly difficult and Jason Becker/Altitudes.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A lot of girls have gotten into guitar and drums, and are quite good at it.
The girl drummer in the vid, sina is outstanding drummer.

There is a chinese girl who is like 12-14(Covered by Li-sa X & Yoyoka on drums, and can play a joe satriani song Satch Boogie exactly like it is on album, and I dont think joe can do that live lol.
She made it look easy, that vid is in my yt vid thread.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
A lot of girls have gotten into guitar and drums, and are quite good at it.
The girl drummer in the vid, sina is outstanding drummer.

There is a chinese girl who is like 12-14(Covered by Li-sa X & Yoyoka on drums, and can play a joe satriani song Satch Boogie exactly like it is on album, and I dont think joe can do that live lol.
She made it look easy, that vid is in my yt vid thread.

Yoyoka is a beast of a drummer, insanely good for a player that has been playing decades let alone what is she 12 years old? Nails the Bonzo triplets and makes it look easy.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yoyoka is a beast of a drummer, insanely good for a player that has been playing decades let alone what is she 12 years old? Nails the Bonzo triplets and makes it look easy.

yeah I have seen her, her family are all musicians, and she started on the drums at a young age.
So by 12 she has been playing 6 or 7 years. But she was also good when she was like 8 or 9 lol.

But being in a family like she has makes a big difference. Starting young is a big plus.

There was another guy I saw who at I am guessing 14-16 could play van halen stuff like it was super easy. I dont know when he started
but I think he had to start young.
Some of these young players amaze me by how good they are at a young age.

check this one out
Make You Feel My Love (Adele) - Cover by 7-Year-Old Claire Crosby She is amazing for her age.
I was riding a stick horse and playing cowboy when I was 7 lol. I didnt even get a musical instriment till about age 12, then I got some
really cheap drums, but my parents then decided they were too loud, so never got to play them unless they were both gone!
Also no lessons for me no youtube etc.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Since I've Been Loving You- Guitar Cover by Ayla is another great guitar cover, also by a girl.
she can play it just like it is on the lp, I think better than page can play it live.
But all these people that play great cant write good songs.

This song is an elaborate guitar piece, and as I was watching her play it, I thought how could anyone write this ??

The 50's and 60's produced most of the great song writers after that each decade produced less good song writers.
I cant explain that but have some theorys.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Since I've Been Loving You- Guitar Cover by Ayla is another great guitar cover, also by a girl.
she can play it just like it is on the lp, I think better than page can play it live.
But all these people that play great cant write good songs.

This song is an elaborate guitar piece, and as I was watching her play it, I thought how could anyone write this ??

The 50's and 60's produced most of the great song writers after that each decade produced less good song writers.
I cant explain that but have some theorys.

Watched that video several times. She does a very good job.
Often wondered the same, how in the heck did they come up with this. That squeak you can barely hear in the beginning is Bonzos foot pedal. Easily one of my fav Zep tunes.