The fictional “Elite Quarterback” label

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
it’s impossible to judge any talent on this team. Simply because of a previous head coach. McCartney will make a winner out of this franchise. I hope that well because I’m not a fan of his either. But anytime is going to tell. You definitely can’t judge because of Garrett though. Prescott is a winner make no mistake about that my cowboy family. I trust him when the game is on the line. More fourth-quarter wins in any other quarterback. More primetime wins than any other quarterback.And he can take a hit like some others can’t

keysersoze

Reaction score
it’s impossible to judge any talent on this team. Simply because of a previous head coach. McCartney will make a winner out of this franchise. I hope that well because I’m not a fan of his either. But anytime is going to tell. You definitely can’t judge because of Garrett though. Prescott is a winner make no mistake about that my cowboy family. I trust him when the game is on the line. More fourth-quarter wins in any other quarterback. More primetime wins than any other quarterback.And he can take a hit like some others can’t
PREACH!!!!!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He hasn’t during this entire thread. Most folks with agendas don’t make sense. They try to bully you into believing their bs.
Yes there definitely a couple of quarterbacks better than Prescott. But it’s more about the scheme than the talent in my opinion. Yes I believe the kid is a winner and I don’t know anybody else out there right now who’s better than him that’s available. And isn’t that the main point

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Fact is, the term "elite" is flawed. And its flawed even in your post. So Marino is elite with no SB titles. But Eli Manning isn't elite event though he has 2 Super Bowl titles.

This is a prime example why its silly. Fact is, in order to be "elite" you have to look the part. Marino looked the part. Big quarterback with a big arm and accuracy. That's it. Its why people make so many excuses for Carson Wentz. He looks the part.

People can't get behind Eli because he doesn't. Even though in his resume he's beaten Tom Brady and the Pats TWICE. Did it with 9 win teams. And he wasn't a guy just a long for the ride. He made plays to win those games. But he doesn't "look the part". That's why its such a silly term.

You haven’t established its silliness. You’ve simply asserted it.

Marino looked the part, it showed in his on-field performance and there’s no doubt he was elite in the eyes of virtually anyone who saw him play. Which is why he is in the HOF and there was never a sliver of doubt that he would be. Wentz doesn’t belong in the same conversation as Marino. Your attempt to put him in the conversation demonstrates the contortions your position requires.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Yes there definitely a couple of quarterbacks better than Prescott. But it’s more about the scheme than the talent in my opinion. Yes I believe the kid is a winner and I don’t know anybody else out there right now who’s better than him that’s available. And isn’t that the main point
Yes. That’s definitely the main point and what I am trying to relay here. Coaching and schematics mean everything to a quarterback. Especially a young quarterback. That’s what makes or breaks their careers. Like you said there’s no better option for us at quarterback and anyone who says they’d rather draft a quarterback definitely has a personal agenda. Because honestly the games lost because of Dak can be counted on one hand. And every quarterback has blown a game here and there. It’s part of the game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Marino looked the part, it showed in his on-field performance and there’s no doubt he was elite in the eyes of virtually anyone who saw him play. Which is why he is in the HOF and there was never a sliver of doubt that he would be. Wentz doesn’t belong in the same conversation as Marino. Your attempt to put him in the conversation demonstrates the contortions your position requires.

You are playing naive to the "elite" conversation. You know that "experts" around the league consider Wentz elite. He came into the league he was traded multiple 1st round picks for because his ceiling was that of a "elite" quarterback.
I'm not denying Marino is elite. I'm simply saying the term is overused and misused.

What made Troy Aikman elite but Tony Romo wasn't?

keysersoze

Reaction score

Marino is in the HOF strictly because of numbers. He rarely had a good running back or defense and was constantly in shootouts. He was definitely a great quarterback as far as passing goes. But it’s apparent he wasn’t ELITE enough to win it all despite the team’s shortcomings.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
You are playing naive to the "elite" conversation. You know that "experts" around the league consider Wentz elite. He came into the league he was traded multiple 1st round picks for because his ceiling was that of a "elite" quarterback.
I'm not denying Marino is elite. I'm simply saying the term is overused and misused.

What made Troy Aikman elite but Tony Romo wasn't?

Very few people consider Wentz elite. Most recognize that he has elite tools.

I personally think Romo was elite (he was, throughout his career in my opinion, a top 5-7 QB in the league though he played mostly with subpar talent surrounding him). I've left him out of the discussion, however, because I know my position on him is not generally shared and I don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

keysersoze

Reaction score

I personally think Romo was elite (he was, throughout his career in my opinion, a top 5-7 QB in the league though he played mostly with subpar talent surrounding him). I've left him out of the discussion, however, because I know my position on him is not generally shared and I don't want to go down that rabbit hole.
If Romo was elite why couldn’t he ELITE us past the divisional round losses with only 2 wildcard wins? That’s elite to you?
Aha!!! Now I see part of the problem. You’re mad at Dak because he didn’t concede his job to your hero huh??? Ok. Now we’re getting an understanding here. Carry on

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
If Romo was elite why couldn’t he ELITE us past the divisional round losses with only 2 wildcard wins? That’s elite to you?
Aha!!! Now I see part of the problem. You’re mad at Dak because he didn’t concede his job to your hero huh??? Ok. Now we’re getting an understanding here. Carry on

I'm going to stop replying to you since you appear capable of little more than drivel.

I have no issue with Dak. There are many things about him I quite like. But I don't think he's elite. Yes, that implies I think Romo was better, but I'm really not interested in arguing the point with someone as entrenched as you appear to be. If you'd like to hold a (tiny) minority opinion by maintaining that Dak is elite, have at it. Just don't try to push it on others. As I said, I'm not trying to push my minority opinion that Romo was elite on others.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He played mostly with subpar talent? Romo?

You keep showing why the whole term "elite" is a silly term. Now Romo is "elite" to you. But Eli isn't.

This proves my point.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I'm going to stop replying to you since you appear capable of little more than drivel.

I have no issue with Dak. There are many things about him I quite like. But I don't think he's elite. Yes, that implies I think Romo was better, but I'm really not interested in arguing the point with someone as entrenched as you appear to be. If you'd like to hold a (tiny) minority opinion by maintaining that Dak is elite, have at it. Just don't try to push it on others. As I said, I'm not trying to push my minority opinion that Romo was elite on others.
Damn!!! I know damn well I’ve stated that I have not ever seen an elite quarterback. Dak included. So now what?

keysersoze

Reaction score
He played mostly with subpar talent? Romo?

You keep showing why the whole term "elite" is a silly term. Now Romo is "elite" to you. But Eli isn't.

This proves my point.
LMAO!!’ You know that’s always their excuse. Subpar talent huh? TO, Witten and Glenn were subpar? Marion Barber, Julius Jones and Murray subpar? Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis, Tyron Smith and Andre Gurode subpar? A Hall of Fame Coach in Parcells subpar? Really??? Lol!!! :lmao2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LMAO!!’ You know that’s always their excuse. Subpar talent huh? TO, Witten and Glenn were subpar? Marion Barber, Julius Jones and Murray subpar? Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis, Tyron Smith and Andre Gurode subpar? A Hall of Fame Coach in Parcells subpar? Really??? Lol!!! :lmao2:
Yeah them teams were stacked. Trust I remember them teams. He had some stupid years in there where Jerry went cheap on offensive line and had Nate Livings and Mackenzie Bernadeaux starting but those weren't many years like Romo supports will lead you to believe. They had 13 Pro Bowlers in 2007 lol. Subpar talent.....please lol.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
it's not fictional.. Everything just has to be in place to pull it off. There is no one part but, several moving parts and good luck.

1. John Elway.
2. Steve Young.
3. Dan Mariano
4. Peyton manning
5. Drew Brees
6. Tom Brady.
7. Roger Staubach
8. Joe Montana.

Non of this happens even with the talent. Only "Elite' "If" A,B,C and D. line up. " Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Micheal Vick and Troy Aikman could have joined the conversation with the right pieces.