The Final 53

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
OK, I have gone back and forth and forth and back and after much deliberation, here is my Final 53:

QB: Drew Bledsoe, Tony Romo, Drew Henson
RB: Julius Jones, Marion Barber III, Anthony Thomas, Tyson Thompson
FB: Lousaka Polite
WR: Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Quincy Morgan, Patrick Crayton, Terrance Copper
TE: Jason Witten, Dan Campbell, Sean Ryan
OL: Flozell Adams, Larry Allen, Al Johnson, Marco Rivera, Jacob Rogers, Rob Pettiti, Andre Gurode, Kurt Vollers, Stephen Peterman
DL: LaRoi Glover, Greg Ellis, Jason Ferguson, Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Kenyon Coleman, Jay Ratliff, Thomas Johnson
LB: Dat Nguyen, Demarcus Ware, Bradie James, Kevin Burnett, Al Singleton, Scott Shanle, Ryan Fowler, Eric Ogbogu
CB: Terence Newman, Anthony Henry, Aaron Glenn, Lance Frazier, Bruce Thornton
S: Roy Williams, Keith Davis, Justin Beriault, Izell Reese
K: Billy Cundiff
P: Mat McBriar
LS: Jeff Robinson

there ya go.. the only reservations I have right now is the fact that we may go outside to get a free safety or a right tackle.. if we do not, I think it will shake out like this..

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
The only things I disagree with are Jacques Reeves over Frazier and Kalen Thornton over Obogu perhaps.

good job

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion Crowder will make the team at the expense of Morgan or Copper. BP likes him as a "gunner" on kickoff coverage.

Tobal

Reaction score
I think we keep 6 cbs, Polite and either Ratliff or johnson to the practice squad, Og makes it on Dline, Thornton at LB. I also think Walters makes the team.

Ryan could go on Pup for a better look at Peirce, depending.

Smith22

Reaction score
Nice list, but I don't see us going with 5 DB's. I think it has to be six (add Reeves).

I also think Kalen makes the team.

Smith22

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
I think the A-Train gets cut.

Possible. I think Barber or Thompson would really have to earn BP's trust in blitz pickup, etc. for it 2 happen though. Not so sure they will do that quick enough.

Smith22

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
I also believe Crowder makes the team, a Parcells guy. What about Bret Pierce?

Pierce over Ryan maybe?

Whose spot do you think Crowder takes?

Eddie

Reaction score
Whether Ryan, Crowder, Pierce, Thornton, Obogu, Reeves, Frazier, et al, make the team is inconsequential. They won't make an ounce if difference.

Woods

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Whether Ryan, Crowder, Pierce, Thornton, Obogu, Reeves, Frazier, et al, make the team is inconsequential. They won't make an ounce if difference.

Crowder could on ST.

Smith22

Reaction score
Eddie said:

:laugh2:

So, I guess injuries in the secondary aren't important to you at all. IF we play Nickel D as much as BP suggests, TWO of the guys you have listed are backups out the gate. You always need a little depth in the secondary. But thanks for crapping on our posts anyhow.....

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
Copper's...but I do like him also....??????? what are you going to do? tough calls.

I'm having a difficult time thinking that Merritt isn't the last receiver kept if they keep 5.. All he's been doing thus far is making catches in camp.. He didn't have any catches against Zona but he did have a good avg in punt and kick returns.. I would though hope that Rector, Copper or Crowder beat him out.. Though Merritt is still fairly young and just a 4 year guy..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Smith22 said:
:laugh2:

So, I guess injuries in the secondary aren't important to you at all. IF we play Nickel D as much as BP suggests, TWO of the guys you have listed are backups out the gate. You always need a little depth in the secondary. But thanks for crapping on our posts anyhow.....
For depth concerns you don't need to keep the likes of Thornton, N. Jones, or L. Williams on the 53 when they could easily make it to the practice squad.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Smith22 said:
Possible. I think Barber or Thompson would really have to earn BP's trust in blitz pickup, etc. for it 2 happen though. Not so sure they will do that quick enough.

Sure, but it's not like A-Train has put on a bolcking clinic either. I think if Thompson continues to excel then the A-Train will be pulling out. Bill will use the roster spot for a Def. player IMO.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
I think the A-Train gets cut.
I'd be totally shocked if that happened...right now, I think he's clearly the #2 RB. Don't be fooled by his lack of opportunities in preseason...that's because he's a veteran that Bill knows can be depended on as a tough, grind it out runner.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Eddie said:
I'd expect Pierce to be on the first 53 man roster because it won't surprise me if Ryan isn't physically ready to go after his injury.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
I'm having a difficult time thinking that Merritt isn't the last receiver kept if they keep 5.. All he's been doing thus far is making catches in camp.. He didn't have any catches against Zona but he did have a good avg in punt and kick returns.. I would though hope that Rector, Copper or Crowder beat him out.. Though Merritt is still fairly young and just a 4 year guy..
With Key and Glenn as our starters, and at their ages, I think keeping fewer than 6 at WR would be very risky.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
tyson walter over ogbogu- walter adds too much versatility on the o-line to not make it