The Five Best Days Of Every Year

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
1. Thanksgiving. This is the day of the 3 Fs. Football, food, and family. Dead Bird Day is unrivaled as an American Holiday.

2. Super Bowl Sunday. It is of course tainted when the Cowboys are not involved, however it is still a day of football celebration and the ultimate sports championship for the ultimate sport.

3. Day 1 of the NFL Draft. The true Christmas happens in April. What will Santa bring us in 2009? An O-lineman? A Nose Tackle? A Safety? How could you not love this celebration?

4. Kickoff. The day the season starts feels like a holiday. It feels like parole. You finally are free again. Life is good. Everything tastes better. Especially victory.

5. The start of Training Camp. If for no other reason than it signals the end of the drought that is the Off Season is in sight and approaching fast.

Honorable Mention Days

Day 2 of the NFL Draft. The only holiday with its own sequel. How cool si that? The day steals can happen.

The start of Free Agency. It's like getting the new Sears catalog in the mail and flipping through every page and picking what you want.

Tomorrow is the best day of the year. The anticipation is already wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2444373 said:
1. Thanksgiving. This is the day of the 3 Fs. Football, food, and family. Dead Bird Day is unrivaled as an American Holiday.

2. Super Bowl Sunday. It is of course tainted when the Cowboys are not involved, however it is still a day of football celebration and the ultimate sports championship for the ultimate sport.

3. Day 1 of the NFL Draft. The true Christmas happens in April. What will Santa bring us in 2009? An O-lineman? A Nose Tackle? A Safety? How could you not love this celebration?

4. Kickoff. The day the season starts feels like a holiday. It feels like parole. You finally are free again. Life is good. Everything tastes better. Especially victory.

5. The start of Training Camp. If for no other reason than it signals the end of the drought that is the Off Season is in sight and approaching fast.

Honorable Mention Days

Day 2 of the NFL Draft. The only holiday with its own sequel. How cool si that? The day steals can happen.

The start of Free Agency. It's like getting the new Sears catalog in the mail and flipping through every page and picking what you want.

Tomorrow is the best day of the year. The anticipation is already wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving.

You lost me at Sears catalogue. :p:

Happy Thanksgiving Hos. Tomorrow is indeed the best day of the year.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I'd throw in New Years day too . You get to window shop all day for the upcoming draft .

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Hostile;2444373 said:

The only problem is that my Family usually plans their Food right as Dallas Football is about to begin. I hate the day because every year, festivities don't start until the Dallas game. And then I have to watch the game on a TV that is usually smaller than mine and I have 5 kids all crawling on me and I can't hear a word and then my mom comes in and mentions some Dallas joke from 15 years ago.. Sigh..

Hostile;2444373 said:

Eh, in a way, it has become American Idol. Nobody watches for the show, but the bad singers (ie: commercials). Youtube will be flooded with commercials and very little game. Good day to get out and enjoy a movie and dinner or something though.

Hostile;2444373 said:

Can't argue with the above. Although Christmas Eve and Christmas are sequels. So is New Years Eve and New Years ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, guys.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Velvet Jones;2444402 said:
The only problem is that my Family usually plans their Food right as Dallas Football is about to begin. I hate the day because every year, festivities don't start until the Dallas game. And then I have to watch the game on a TV that is usually smaller than mine and I have 5 kids all crawling on me and I can't hear a word and then my mom comes in and mentions some Dallas joke from 15 years ago.. Sigh..

Change the tradition. Work the festivities around the Cowboys game. Make the game the PRIORITY.

If that don't work, just get a new family....

TD22

Reaction score
Hostile;2444373 said:
1. Thanksgiving. This is the day of the 3 Fs. Football, food, and family.

As for me, Thanksgiving is all about the 4 F's.....

family

football

food

and....use your imagination ;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;2444373 said:
The Five Best Days Of Every Year

An honorable mention of sorts....

I dont know how many times this has happened, playing on xmas day(maybe 2x in last 15 years or so)... I remember a few years ago when we played on Christmas day. And we have alot of games the day before and the day after as well.

It was gift.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TD22;2444430 said:
As for me, Thanksgiving is about the 4 F's.....

family

football

food

Friends? I don't know what you are getting at :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TD22;2444430 said:
As for me, Thanksgiving is about the 4 F's.....

family

football

food

I read this post and then saw YoMick's sig immediately afterwards, but luckily Oprah shocked me back to my senses. :)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2444373 said:

Honorable Mention Days

:bow:

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2444373 said:

Honorable Mention Days

I like the last weekend of the regular season because there are teams jockeying for playoff positioning and teams trying to make the playoffs. It's Christmas time/New Year's, it's cold, it's snow or rain. Players vying for the rushing title or there could be some other individual stat, etc.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
TD22;2444430 said:
As for me, Thanksgiving is all about the 4 F's.....

family

football

food

George Carlin used to have a joke about that, saying that particular activity rarely happens on Thanksgiving.

His explanation?

All the coats that are piled on the bed.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
If Dallas is not in the Super Bowl, it drops low on my personal list of best days.

Thanksgiving is a clear favorite though every year.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
We've already had our Thanksgiving in Canada, so I'll be slaving away at work. Wishing everyone here the best of Turkey Day.:toast: