The Five Best Days Of Every Year

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2444402 said:
The only problem is that my Family usually plans their Food right as Dallas Football is about to begin. I hate the day because every year, festivities don't start until the Dallas game. And then I have to watch the game on a TV that is usually smaller than mine and I have 5 kids all crawling on me and I can't hear a word and then my mom comes in and mentions some Dallas joke from 15 years ago.. Sigh..
This used to be the case for me. But luckily I was able to adjust my family plans accordingly.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
sacowboysfan513;2444646 said:
This used to be the case for me. But luckily I was able to adjust my family plans accordingly.

Right before the game everyone is about ready to eat so I go up to the kitchen, say a little prayer, carve the turkey, plate everything up for everyone...then, I say have a good time eating, grab a beer and go watch the game. Everyone leaves me alone because I'm really the only one in the family that watches football.

After some hours when everyone is gone and I'm good and hungry...that's when I go plate my dinner and chow down! (can't eat and drink at the same time...it ruins the buzz).

Oh, and it's tastes as good whether the Boyz win or lose! It's a wonderful day to give "thanks" for what we have and what we don't have.

;) So, all you football fans out there, have a great day tomorrow!

1fisher

Reaction score
Rampage;2444651 said:
fried chicken! :D

yup and only from "Funky Freddies Fried Fliers".

None of that KFC crap! :puke:

Happy Thanksgiving, Rampage! :cool:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
1fisher;2444685 said:
yup and only from "Funky Freddies Fried Fliers".

None of that KFC crap! :puke:

Happy Thanksgiving, Rampage! :cool:
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Fish

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Thanksgiving Day was great when I lived in SoCal because the game would end just about dinner time, but since I moved to NC 16 years ago it is a constant battle between dinner and the game. I usually end up watching the game by myself while my wife and kids are in the dining room.

Needless to say, Thanksgiving isn't a day I usually get any. :rolleyes:

Scotman

Reaction score
GREAT POST.

My family and friends...if they wish to spend any time with me at all...know the deal.

I'M WATCHING THE GAME.

We have a few survival rules during the Thanksgiving Game that seem to keep the family...well....safe.

• Don't try and have a conversation about great uncle Ed and his carbunkles. Unless your uncle Ed's last name is Too Tall, I don't care.
  • Don't try and "see what's on the other channel." There are no other channels.
  • Don't ever step between the TV and me just prior to the snap. I tend to go momma bear at those times.
  • Don't come in and root for the other team trying to be cute. It's not cute; it's foolish and stupid.
  • Don't ask me if I want any more food, just bring some. I'll eat it. I simply do not have time to eat and single-handedly pull out a win on Thanksgiving Day and keep you entertained with witty conversation.
  • Don't let an opportunity to let the kids watch the game get away. The only way their life will ever be complete is to enjoy the Cowboys on Turkey Day. But do so with respect, I'm not sitting in the back room hoping to be a playmate to the rugrats so the rest of you can enjoy some coffee and pumpkin pie. They either watch or leave.
There's probably a lot more, but you get the picture.

Again, post of the day.

Scot

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I'd also throw in the two weeks of college bowl season from late December to early January, March Madness, and NFL wildcard weekend (only because the craziest stuff happens on wild card weekend)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Scotman;2444919 said:
GREAT POST.

My family and friends...if they wish to spend any time with me at all...know the deal.

I'M WATCHING THE GAME.

We have a few survival rules during the Thanksgiving Game that seem to keep the family...well....safe.
  • Don't try and have a conversation about great uncle Ed and his carbunkles. Unless your uncle Ed's last name is Too Tall, I don't care.
  • Don't try and "see what's on the other channel." There are no other channels.
  • Don't ever step between the TV and me just prior to the snap. I tend to go momma bear at those times.
  • Don't come in and root for the other team trying to be cute. It's not cute; it's foolish and stupid.
  • Don't ask me if I want any more food, just bring some. I'll eat it. I simply do not have time to eat and single-handedly pull out a win on Thanksgiving Day and keep you entertained with witty conversation.
  • Don't let an opportunity to let the kids watch the game get away. The only way their life will ever be complete is to enjoy the Cowboys on Turkey Day. But do so with respect, I'm not sitting in the back room hoping to be a playmate to the rugrats so the rest of you can enjoy some coffee and pumpkin pie. They either watch or leave.
There's probably a lot more, but you get the picture.

Again, post of the day.

Scot

That was funny stuff
:lmao2:

Ok, picture this.

I am watching the game, something BIG is happening in the game... someone, anyone comes in and asks me a question??

My response = frantic look on my face and I simply point to the screen in a way that says "you see that, dont interrupt it"

:D