The Freak

Reaction score
Who is the Freak ...

He was tagged with the nickname in college, because he defied all the stereotypes for a player of his size and position. During his college career he began as a safety. Moved to outside linebacker at Florida, where he was part of a national championship team in 1996.

After being drafted by Tennessee with the 16th overall pick in 1999, he was moved to defensive end. His transformation to The Freak was complete.

"I do a lot of things that ordinary people wouldn't be able to do,'' he said. "As far as performance and playing my position, I think I am a freak out there.''

What ordinary people - or at least ordinary defensive ends - aren't able to do is run like a sprinter. He's small for his position at 6-foot-4, 265 pounds, but he more than makes up for that with his speed. When he came into the NFL he was timed at 4.43 seconds in the 40-yard dash, the kind of time turned in by running backs.

"He can go sideline to sideline, and you just don't see many defensive ends who can do that,'' "This guy runs down running backs from behind. He's just an amazing specimen.''

Make no mistake about it, if you don't know this guy, he'll quickly make himself known to your offense! He's Philadelphia Eagles Jervon Kearse!

Make some noise (shouted out loudly)!!!!!! :cool:

Coming to a stadium near you real soon!

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is only one "Freak"

And his name is Randy Moss...NOT Jevon Kearse.

Bobo

Reaction score
I'm conflicted. I want Jevon to do good, I'm still a fan of his. But I don't want to see the Eagles do good. Whoa is me :(

And yes tieing Prime Time with the fastest 10 yd ever timed is freakish for a DE ;)

As always, health is the main concern with him.

Reaction score
Bobo said:
I'm conflicted. I want Jevon to do good, I'm still a fan of his. But I don't want to see the Eagles do good. Whoa is me
And yes tieing Prime Time with the fastest 10 yd ever timed is freakish for a DE ;)

As always, health is the main concern with him.

Stop crying! Right, the Eagles franchise is going to hold a special meeting to determine if they can please you
The Eagles will do great, and Jevon will do great! Live iwth it!

You can't have your cake and eat it too! :cool:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MOSSisGOD said:
Got that right homeboy!!

I got the privelage to watch Moss, Pennington, Leftwich, Troy Brown play quite a bit....since I just live a couple of hours from Marshall.

While moss had a short time at FSU...the coaches said he was a man among boys compared to the other WRs they had there at the time.

The guy is in a class by himself as far as natural talent goes.

BTW...keep an eye out for another Marshall WR that was taken by the Broncos in the 2nd round of this past draft...Darius Watts...he is already impressing them in camp.

Reaction score
DE Jevon Kearse

"It takes more work playing on the left side of the defense because you are playing against the tackle and the quarterback as opposed to the right side coming from the blind side," Kearse said.

"I am learning both sides in case something happens or if someone plays better on a certain side," Kearse said. "Maybe if N.D. (Kalu) plays better on the left side then I'll go to the right, but right now they want me to stick to the left side to help the team out."

Kalu who totaled 6 sacks last year will surely see that number jump with opposing offenses concentrating on containing Kearse.

Usually an offensive left tackle is said to be more athletic then the right side but Kearse doesn't see any difference when it comes to the Eagles.

"Most of the time the left side tackle is a little more athletic so it takes a little more work but here I haven't seen it yet," he said. "I go against Jon (Runyan) everyday but when I go against Tra (Thomas) it feels the same."

Quarterback Donovan McNabb believes that having Kearse at left end instead of the right doesn't bode well for opposing quarterbacks.

"It makes it worse now that you got to see him in front of you," McNabb said. "That's not a good feeling for a quarterback. But he's on our side now. I feel for the other quarterbacks when they play us."

No matter what side he plays on the "Freak" knows that only one thing matters, the team.

"I'm just trying to give it all I have over there until they need me somewhere else," he said. "I'm reading my book everyday, I stay around after the meetings, and I just have to get it down like second nature. I just want to go out here and show everyone what I have to prove."

TLW47

Reaction score
The last picture I saw of "THE FREAK" he was being driven off in a cart with his ankle taped.

AJM1613

Reaction score
TLW47 said:
The last picture I saw of "THE FREAK" he was being driven off in a cart with his ankle taped.

With a big Smile on his face.

He was on the field in full contact again yesterday. Precautionary.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
We'll, he is a freak, when it comes to being hurt!

Reaction score
RW31 said:
We'll, he is a freak, when it comes to being hurt!

You are a joke -- you need to go back to the hos-school of dogmatic research.

You! You talking to me? I'm talking to you -- are you talking to me?
(Robert Denairo) :D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
You are a joke -- you need to go back to the hos-school of dogmatic research.

You! You talking to me? I'm talking to you -- are you talking to me?
(Robert Denairo) :D
It's DeNiro, man you are way too easy...