The future is now

malbis030347

Reaction score
....for those old enough to remember the old Commanders coach George Allen ...he had no use for rookies and only signed players on their last legs believing they had the experience to take the team to the promised land.......sound like Jerry may be copying that formula this year when he kept saying..."we are all in" which sounded like he will get the free agents that fill the voids we missed this year. I would think it will mean a Derrick Henry type running back and bigger true linebackers to shore up the run.... if we fix the run on both sides of the ball our fortunes will be so much better. Our defense will not get gashed on the running game and on offense Dak will have to throw a lot less and force opponents to bring a safety up in the box opening up the passing game
YES... THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT ONCE AGAIN!!.....LOL...LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hate George Allen but he was a good coach. Did he put bounties on our players? That was real football.

jgboys1

Reaction score
It pretty much is. We are married to Dak and we have to make this thing workout. :muttley:

All kidding aside, if we do indeed go all in, we better win it all next season. This team will be lucky to finish 5-11 in 2025.

I personally do not have any faith in Jerry or Dak getting us to a NFC Championship game, never mind a Super Bowl victory.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So why do they need to go older vet players to go all in. They can sign players with 4 to 6 years experience. And hopefully to longer contracts than this 1 year crap.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
....for those old enough to remember the old Commanders coach George Allen ...he had no use for rookies and only signed players on their last legs believing they had the experience to take the team to the promised land.......sound like Jerry may be copying that formula this year when he kept saying..."we are all in" which sounded like he will get the free agents that fill the voids we missed this year. I would think it will mean a Derrick Henry type running back and bigger true linebackers to shore up the run.... if we fix the run on both sides of the ball our fortunes will be so much better. Our defense will not get gashed on the running game and on offense Dak will have to throw a lot less and force opponents to bring a safety up in the box opening up the passing game
The future is bright!
Or, is that a train headlight?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, the "Over the Hill Gang",.....except Jerry's gang is not just over the hill, but also one foot in the grave. Ready to end their careers and looking for one last check, remember they may be old, but not old enough for Social Security.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
81 borderline senile GM.
Lame duck HC/QB who has lost the locker room.
Cap issues.
Your ex-coaches who know all your dirty secrets are now living in your neighborhood.
Players getting OLDER.
Tons of holes to fill.
You got to go play the AFC North, not the Panthers and Giants.
Yep, the Future is bright indeed...........
7qszx4.jpg

btgboys41

Reaction score
I know the all in from Jerry is fake. He’s just trying to reel in the fanbase again and ensure he has the media on standby.

If I could define the all in, I would want him to leverage a player or two (maybe one that needs an pricey extension), and trade draft capital as well to get positioned for an elite draft pick. I think a trenches player, or QB would be my ideal all in scenario.

Overall, I’d want more aggression in the draft and get the guy that makes you more physical and tough, or a leader.

75boyz

Reaction score
It was right there to start fresh.
After another epic choke job by the 2 biggest pieces to NFL success in the HC and QB's embarrassing GB playoff loss, we coulda...

Interviewed Harbaugh and Belicheck as HC and chosen one of the 2 to finally usher in some long overdue genuine cultural change.

Could have publicly stated that there will be no QB contract extension and we are going in a different direction starting as soon as possible.

Those 2 changes alone could have "possibly" begun a new ending to this 28 year GroundHog Day.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

But nope...
Buy into us, We're all in and hanging around the rim.
Pathetic.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
....for those old enough to remember the old Commanders coach George Allen ...he had no use for rookies and only signed players on their last legs believing they had the experience to take the team to the promised land.......sound like Jerry may be copying that formula this year when he kept saying..."we are all in" which sounded like he will get the free agents that fill the voids we missed this year.
I think Jerry's definition of "all in" is not the same as fans define the term.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, ol' keen-eyed Jerry will identify the next Johnny Manziel or Paxton Lynch. :muttley:
When was the last time we've had a talent deficit at QB? I don't mean wanting a hall of famer. When can you say we were in Washington or Pittsburgh's shoes where there wasn't a viable starter on offense?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When was the last time we've had a talent deficit at QB? I don't mean wanting a hall of famer. When can you say we were in Washington or Pittsburgh's shoes where there wasn't a viable starter on offense?
Just noted the last two times Jerry wanted to take a QB in the 1st round. Fortunately, he was talked out of one and failed to complete a trade for the other.

The day they ended up taking Dak, Jerry opened the show still lamenting being outbid by Denver for Lynch. Best trade he never made.