The Good News: Dak will be revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
[Prescott] He beat out a veteran, that within itself speaks volumes.
89 posts later
Prescott didn't beat Romo for starting position, Romo and Moore were hurt.
WLFpPBz.gif

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over the next 13 games Dak Prescott will be revealed. The REAL Dak Prescott.
The Cowboys schedule is getting tougher, and soon there will be no doubt as to whether or not Dak is "The Man".
I think he'll do fine.
Is this the original leeblair?

The one that was voted the #1 all time super troll at another message board?

Were you and @Floatyworm best buds or arch enemies back then?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, if Quincy Carter wasn't a weedhead we may never have seen Romo play. Stuff happens and both Romo and Dak made the best of it.
What ifs are what ifs. Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett made Dak Prescott the permanent starter. There was no competition for the position between Prescott and Romo.

Why Romo was introduced into the umpteenth Prescott diss thread Is one thing. However, stating how Prescott became the starter should not be misrepresented. Heck, it is not even necessary.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over the next 13 games Dak Prescott will be revealed. The REAL Dak Prescott.
The Cowboys schedule is getting tougher, and soon there will be no doubt as to whether or not Dak is "The Man".
I think he'll do fine.
uKNXkKz.png

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Winning the NFC East twice is not that great of an accomplishment, considering how weak the East has been. The Commanders and Giants have been in disarray, and the year the Cowboys were 13-3 so were the Eagles.
The 9-7 season was really another one of Garrett's 8-8 seasons, with the ninth win coming after the Cowboys were already 8-8.
Make no mistake- the Cowboys should have gone further in Dak's first season, and keeping Romo on the bench after he healed was a colossal mistake.
Last season was okay.
The one thing that can be said is that the Cowboys are finally beating the teams they are supposed to beat- and that is a real accomplishment.
This season has been tougher than some will credit the Cowboys with. The Commanders finally have a quarterback, but no defense. Still, it was an impressive win. And the Giants came to play.
But the rest of the schedule will tell if Dak and the Cowboys have taken the next step.

LOL stop with the passive-aggressive anti-Dak stuff. Seriously, if you hate him, just say so. We could use a little bit of entertainment while Pappydog is not arround.

As for the NFC East is weak, well the Eagles won the Superbowl two years ago. They made it to the playoffs last year. So saying that Dak has been good because of a weak division is nothing more than a weak argument.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Dak's first year was an anomaly. He was allowed to stand behind the best o-line in football and patiently pick out his receivers- yet still failed to get out of the first round of the playoffs.
He has had growing pains and not shown the ability to meet the challenges when adversity arose.
This season will show how far he has come.
I think he'll be fine, but we will get to see.

I think its our defense that needs to show up and prove something. In all three of his playoff games he had the best game of the other QBs. Rodgers just had the ball last and the D Let him down. The Rams ran the ball at will. And he completely outplayed Wilson. You make no real points my friend.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
If this is really the leeblair that posted at "The Ranch" years ago and had that avatar then this thread is actually well thought out compared to what I remember from him back then.

Maybe @quickccc remembers.

It appears to be him, though it obviously could be an impersonator... The Ranch had a lot of trolls but I think this is him.
It comes across as well thought out because he’s not the troll he once was, he’s become the Eli Manning of trolls :lmao2:

Flamma

Reaction score
I was a Dak supporter for some time before I jumped ship. But I always pumped the breaks, I never thought he was garbage. Just had some serious doubts. I'll say right now I do not believe Dak has improved, he's always been this QB. I should never have jumped ship because I was right before then. Give him a good OC and some guys to throw to and he's lighting it up just like in 2016. More so now through experience. No QB is going to have much success without an offensive line and guys to throw to.

hopemsu

Reaction score
Dak's first year was an anomaly. He was allowed to stand behind the best o-line in football and patiently pick out his receivers- yet still failed to get out of the first round of the playoffs.
He has had growing pains and not shown the ability to meet the challenges when adversity arose.
This season will show how far he has come.
I think he'll be fine, but we will get to see.

Dak’s first year, we didn’t have to play in the first round did we? Dak played well in that game. Too bad he isn’t a good cornerback, or a pass rusher, I agree with. Could’ve used them in that game.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Well, if Quincy Carter wasn't a weedhead we may never have seen Romo play. Stuff happens and both Romo and Dak made the best of it.

Just need to get the facts straight.

Carter's last year with Dallas was 2003 and Romo made the practice squad in 2004.

It was Testeverde and Bledsoe that kept Romo as the backup till he got his chance.

Carry on.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
People react so quickly to statements they perceive to be all-or-nothing judgments. I understand what the original poster is saying. Dak struggled with accuracy, footwork, indecision, etc. Anyone who couldn't see that is blind. That doesn't mean he hasn't been a leader, doesn't mean he didn't have a clutch gene. It just means he's not a COMPLETE quarterback, and he isn't. Now that he apparently has a quarterback coach and an offensive coordinator who are getting the most out of him, we see the progress but want to see continued promise.
But questioning him and not swallowing the Koolaid that he has ARRIVED apparently offends many in this forum.
It's okay to admit that he's doing well, but we still need to see how he does against tougher competition. Many of us don't evaluate Dak by Cleveland Brown or Detroit Lion standards but by Cowboys standards, which means Super Bowls or bust.
That's why many don't appreciate Tony Romo.

Very well stated. Great post from a rational fan.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
If this is really the leeblair that posted at "The Ranch" years ago and had that avatar then this thread is actually well thought out compared to what I remember from him back then.

Maybe @quickccc remembers.
I remember him well, I was a lurker there much like I have been here for 14 years.

I enjoy reading the comments much more than joining in. Lotsa good folks here and the same was for The Ranch.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This may be very nice in theory, but reality is very different.

Dak could win the MVP this year and in the off-season there will be a hundred threads saying:

"Yeah, but it's only 1 year. Let's see if he do it again. He needs to do it a couple of more times before I'm sold. Next year will be his REAL test"

For many, there will never be enough evidence. Never.

:clap::clap:

cowboyed

Reaction score
Yet he'll do fine the rest of the year. Make up your mind.
I left this forum a number of years ago as an active poster and contributor because it became too micro-managed such as when posters where visibly metered and categorized. I also have posted at The Ranch and at an intentionally small semi-anonymous forum for well over a dozen years. I always respected the posting quality and football knowledge of Cowboys Zone members and the longevity and evolution of this board is impressive. Platitudes aside, I am pleased to have reactivated and the reasons for it are two-fold. The Ranch is undergoing digital cremation and I like the fact that this board is not infested with advertising.

Also a heads up about the thread starter, leeblair. All what has been expressed about this poster is not only accurate but it actually is understated out of respect of your rules of calling out posters. I think some of leeblair's critics in here that posted at The Ranch will back me up (as cowboyed2x over there) when I tell you that this poster created long term divisiveness at The Ranch and also caused a good amount of serious football posters to leave because of his wild far fetched theories and antagonistic threads about the Dallas Cowboys team coaches and ownership. Yes he has dumped our team when posting rebuked about as many times as Larry King has had wives.

Status
Not open for further replies.