The Good News: Dak will be revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
That’s one of the most ignorant things I’ve read in a long time here and shows a complete lack of knowledge on how contract negotiations are done.
Whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better sir. Ignorant because I don’t agree with you sounds about Internet smdh. Lastly because I disagree I have a complete lack of knowledge of contract negotiations but you don’t know me and what I do at all. Talk about assumptions and ignorance but like I said whatever makes you feel better sir.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ever read his scouting report, that's why he was basically a 5th round reach, you are always good for a laugh, "his talent-less" team,even in college Dak won every game himself and all the loses were the result of the rest of the team (sound familiar) you need some help guy.. Dak is a average to good QB who has some` really poor games and a few really good ones but isn't at the stage where he can carry a team contrary to your fantasy view.
He's carried the team many times over the past 3+ seasons. Where is he currently ranked this season? Exactly! Get lost moron. Your trolling has become quite boorish.

Brax

Reaction score
He's carried the team many times over the past 3+ seasons. Where is he currently ranked this season? Exactly! Get lost moron. Your trolling has become quite boorish.
your typical when you know your wrong again, name calling followed by troll,so pathetic and sad, have a great day.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better sir. Ignorant because I don’t agree with you sounds about Internet smdh. Lastly because I disagree I have a complete lack of knowledge of contract negotiations but you don’t know me and what I do at all. Talk about assumptions and ignorance but like I said whatever makes you feel better sir.
Your words on the matter speak for themselves. You reap what you sow.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Over the next 13 games Dak Prescott will be revealed. The REAL Dak Prescott.
The Cowboys schedule is getting tougher, and soon there will be no doubt as to whether or not Dak is "The Man".
I think he'll do fine.

Hopefully the REAL 90 Million Dollar RB will be revealed too. Maybe he will start playing like he actually is the best running back in the NFL and help out Dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
well its true statement from the OP, and truly from game 1-2-3-4 its been a gradual stock drop , it went from frantic buy buy buy!

to sell sell sell..

so like stocks lets see how each game changes the arrow but so far its been straight downhill from the giants game , ironically the 2 NYG games B2B has been his best 2 games.. thats not great resume..:)

so after 16 games we shall see where he falls, if its 2018 Dak.. well im betting some contract negotiations shift leverage back to the DC FO.. all that hype talk about writing his own deal and betting on himself is costing Jerry Money..not if Dak is just who hes always been .. A very good player but not close to Elite..

75boyz

Reaction score
People react so quickly to statements they perceive to be all-or-nothing judgments. I understand what the original poster is saying. Dak struggled with accuracy, footwork, indecision, etc. Anyone who couldn't see that is blind. That doesn't mean he hasn't been a leader, doesn't mean he didn't have a clutch gene. It just means he's not a COMPLETE quarterback, and he isn't. Now that he apparently has a quarterback coach and an offensive coordinator who are getting the most out of him, we see the progress but want to see continued promise.
But questioning him and not swallowing the Koolaid that he has ARRIVED apparently offends many in this forum.
It's okay to admit that he's doing well, but we still need to see how he does against tougher competition. Many of us don't evaluate Dak by Cleveland Brown or Detroit Lion standards but by Cowboys standards, which means Super Bowls or bust.
That's why many don't appreciate Tony Romo.

I've often heard a saying called "The Voice of Reason". Your post here is a true definition of that saying and ALL things Dak Prescott related. Great post man.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Your words on the matter speak for themselves. You reap what you sow.
Like I said whatever makes you feel better. I can guarantee we compare our lives outside of this messageboard we will quickly see who doesn’t know about doing deals very quickly and hint it isn’t me.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Man is Dak ever divisive.

IMO, won loss record is a silly or weak argument for a QB. A sock puppet could have QB'd the Cowboys to the playoffs in Dak's rookie year.

Up until this year, Dak has been an average QB relative to his peers, at least throwing wise. Almost all the metrics have him between 10 and 20 as far as QB's in the years where he was playing. I would give him a bump above average because he seems to be a good locker room guy, reliably healthy and a good runner.

This year, Dak has moved up to being good. He has had a ton of passes where I simply don't think he would have been able to make in the past, particularly downfield. He still isn't great. A great QB doesn't score 10 points against the 26th ranked defense with a 73 rating.

NO, opponent QB's
Watson 114.3
Goff 112.6
Wilson 102.6
Prescott 73.2

Oh, and for measure, Miami opponent QB's
Jackson 158.3
Brady 124.7
Prescott 91.7
Rivers 131.7

So, in two of the four games, Dak has had the worst game out of the 4 QB's that played those teams.

And yeah, Dak has been let down by receivers at times. Lots of drops. At the same time, you can frequently count his available time in the pocket with a calendar. He isn't running for his life 0.5 seconds after the snap every down.

The Dak hate is frequently over the top but the Dak supporters also need to tap the brakes a little.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
What happened to the Ranch? Is it gone?
Might as well be. From what I remember TwoDeep3 was the only active admin, and then he disappeared. This left only mods on the board who didn't have the ability to ban the trolls. The trolls drove away a lot of the good posters. Then Fish took over the board, continued to not ban trolls, moved the site, added a bunch of ads, and more of the good posters left. I used to check that site multiple times a day going back to when I was in high school. I haven't checked in a couple of months now. Last time I was there there was so little activity. I'm kind of sad to see it go the way it has. With the changing of the internet and message boards in general becoming a thing of the past it's somewhat surprising to see this board doing as well as it has.

EDIT: Just checked it. 1st and 2nd topic have replies from today. 3rd topic has a reply from yesterday morning. Dead.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Man is Dak ever divisive.

IMO, won loss record is a silly or weak argument for a QB. A sock puppet could have QB'd the Cowboys to the playoffs in Dak's rookie year.

Up until this year, Dak has been an average QB relative to his peers, at least throwing wise. Almost all the metrics have him between 10 and 20 as far as QB's in the years where he was playing. I would give him a bump above average because he seems to be a good locker room guy, reliably healthy and a good runner.

This year, Dak has moved up to being good. He has had a ton of passes where I simply don't think he would have been able to make in the past, particularly downfield. He still isn't great. A great QB doesn't score 10 points against the 26th ranked defense with a 73 rating.

NO, opponent QB's
Watson 114.3
Goff 112.6
Wilson 102.6
Prescott 73.2

Oh, and for measure, Miami opponent QB's
Jackson 158.3
Brady 124.7
Prescott 91.7
Rivers 131.7

So, in two of the four games, Dak has had the worst game out of the 4 QB's that played those teams.

And yeah, Dak has been let down by receivers at times. Lots of drops. At the same time, you can frequently count his available time in the pocket with a calendar. He isn't running for his life 0.5 seconds after the snap every down.

The Dak hate is frequently over the top but the Dak supporters also need to tap the brakes a little.
I agree with the majority of your post but that good locker room guy is bogus to me. Like Chris Rock said I’m not giving extra credit for doing what you’re supposed to do in that situation that dang near everybody does anyway. The other things I agree with.

Brax

Reaction score
Name calling? Pot meet kettle.
Hahahahahahaha you are too funny, don't believe I called you a name or said your a troll , you do it to folks on a regular basis as soon as any comment other that Elite is used in Daks skill set, I also don't post pictures of guy's in their undershorts, but each to his own.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Like I said whatever makes you feel better. I can guarantee we compare our lives outside of this messageboard we will quickly see who doesn’t know about doing deals very quickly and hint it isn’t me.
:lmao2::lmao::lmao2::flagwave:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hahahahahahaha you are too funny, don't believe I called you a name or said your a troll , you do it to folks on a regular basis as soon as any comment other that Elite is used in Daks skill set, I also don't post pictures of guy's in their undershorts, but each to his own.
You personally attacked first, so stop deflecting. You always attack, but whine about it when one retaliates back in kind. Quit acting innocent, especially when you are the initial instigator/attacker.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Troll

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak proved he was a winner and was the guy carrying the team to a winning record during Zeke’s six game suspension and this off-season when Jerry paid the man right before the season and having him start with no practice basically while sitting on Dak’s contract...

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak proved he was a winner and was the guy carrying the team to a winning record during Zeke’s six game suspension and this off-season when Jerry paid the man right before the season and having him start with no practice basically while sitting on Dak’s contract...
When I said something similar in regards to Dak contract I was told I don’t know deals. How many think if Dak had played like Mahommes his whole time here they’d be treating him like Dallas Kirk Cousins.

Status
Not open for further replies.