The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, and next week

CoachD

Reaction score
-The Good
*Ya I'll go ahead and call this a total beat down
*I thought that the Cowboys couldn't beat a team with a "winning record" so how's that working out for ya
*No TD by the Eagles offense
*Jake Ferguson is a bad dude with a mean attitude
*The defense with three turnovers
*Gilmore is a great addition to this team, awesome leadership, and he was in AJ Brown's head all night
*Brandon Aubrey is just amazing
*Tyron Smith is manhandling guys
*You don't want to play the Cowboys at the Texas Slaughterhouse
*Look out the run game is getting better
-The Bad
*The fake punt......ya I called it before it even happened
*Yup the penalties........this one always makes the list
*A couple of players went down with injuries
-The Ugly
*I would say the fumble but the play calling before the fumble was worse. The Cowboys were running the ball really well and those two pass plays before the fumble were awful
-Next Week
*The Cowboys are on the road at Buffalo and it might be cold so this is going to be another tough test against a team that just beat the Chiefs

Cydios

Reaction score
A few things to nitpick.. defense still allowed alot of yards, thankfully the turnovers masked that. The dak drop had all of us going "here we gooo." The flags were still bad. Almost killed a few drives. 3rd quarter offense disappeared.

Creeper

Reaction score
There was obviously a lot of good in last night's game. The defense allowed a lot of yards to a very good Eagles offense, but they stripped the ball 3 times and recovered all three fumbles, the reverse of what happened in the first game. What a difference turnovers make. If not for those 3 fumbles, who knows how this game may have turned out.

The Cowboys offense was dominant in the 1st half. But they did not score a TD in the 2nd half. I thought the Eagles came out in the second half playing much more aggressively. They got after Dak and pretty much shut down the running game. 3 FGs did the job, but keep this second half in mind if these two teams see each other again in the playoffs. The Cowboys had over 250 yards in the 1st half. In the second they only had about 140. It looked like Dak was throwing a lot more short passes in the second half, kind of like what he looked like earlier in the season. I hope this does not carry over into the next game.

I thought Dak was just a little off last night, especially in the 2nd half. His passes were just a touch over or under thrown or a couple of times they were a fraction late. There were big plays that were missed. The bomb to CeeDee was just a touch underthrown but CeeDee should have caught that. It would have been a TD. The pass to Cooks in the end zone, should have been DPI but that balled was ballooned to Cooks giving the defender a chance to catch up. If that Ball was given less loft, Cooks catches it for a TD. There was another pass to Gallup that was broken up by Slay. Gallup was open after his break but Dak got the ball out a little late and Slay was able to get his arm in and knock the ball away. If Dak releases that ball anticipating Gallup's break, it would have been a big play. Still even with this misses, the offense did a pretty good job overall.

The refs were awful, but the refs always seem to be awful these days. The 3 flags they picked up had to be a record of some kind.

I still worry about the Cowboys running game. Dak had 39 passes last night in a blowout game. Seems like we should have run the football more in a game like that but I am guessing the coaches lack confidence in our ability to run. This could be a problem in the playoffs.

Hankins getting hurt seems like it could be a problem. Mazi still looks like he is a full second behind everyone else on the snap.

Bland had a better night last night than the game before. Gilmore is obviously playing like we wanted him to when we got him. Lewis is doing okay. They had a pretty good night overall. The Eagles had only 218 yards passing in a blowout so they had to be doing something right.

This team looks ready for the playoffs. The Buffalo game is on the road, and they are coming off a good win against the Chiefs. This will be another good test for the offense and defense. Then comes Miami, on the road and on grass. If they have a loss coming, this is the game where they may struggle. I am not as concerned about Detroit. I think they will match up well against Detroit. By the time they go to Washington I think their fate will be decided and this game will be a pseudo bye week.