The Great Jim Brown

RaZon

Reaction score
All this talk of Derrick Henry inspired.

Keep in mind it was all about stopping Brown so teams loaded up to do that, he still averaged over 5 yards a carry for a career. The guy was amazing as we can see above.

Actually returned kickoffs early on, a 230 pounder returning kicks, ha!

He is number 11 on the all time rushing yards list. That was because he played in 12 game seasons, if 16 like the those above him he would be around number 4. And like Barry Sanders he had years left in the tank when he retired.

Ah.....fellow Brown Marion Motley also had a career avg of over 5 yards a carry.

Last edited:

RaZon

Reaction score
Nice to see the big man get some props in the Cleveland game, but......you just can't be the best football player, it must be done by positions,

Can have best athlete which would be the 1956 Olympic decathlon gold medalist Milt Campbell who just happened to be a Brown RB.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Barry is still the GOAT because he did it with elusiveness and not just power.

RaZon

Reaction score
Barry is still the GOAT because he did it with elusiveness and not just power.

Will nevEr disrespect Barry he was incredible. BUT...nobody will ever totally dominate as a RB/FB their era like Jim Brown did his.

8 time All Pro, 3 time NFL MVP

RonWashington

Reaction score
As far as pure talent I saw OJ Simpson break to mystical yardage barrier in his Buffalo days . Best I’ve seen .

RaZon

Reaction score
As far as pure talent I saw OJ Simpson break to mystical yardage barrier in his Buffalo days . Best I’ve seen .

My O,J.Simpson story....

At a big track meet in Fresno, the next event on the track the JC 4x1 relay, so I'm checking out my program...

San Jose City
Long Beach City
Fresno City
San Francisco City...notice the name Orenthal James Simpson,....thinking, cool name!

My intro to O.J.Simpson, dude has a huge head. Ah...would run on a world record 4x1 at USC,

He was the top JC RB in the nation at that time but I didn't know it,

He was the fastest RB**** ever up to his time, legit 9,4 100 yard cat, And a 215 pounder with some wiggle,

****Well not really, that was Bob Hayes, but nobody followed that level of football.