Twitter: The great Roger Staubach to present the great Drew Pearson at HOF

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Pearson selecting Staubach to enshrine him makes all the sense in the world. When Pearson signed with the Cowboys as a UDFA back in 1973, he moved to the Dallas area, and had to take a job at UPS to make ends meet before camp. Pearson was also working out at the Cowboys facility in his off time. Staubach would come to the practice facility, and saw Pearson, and asked him if he wanted to run routes for him. Staubach wanted Pearson to stay later, and Pearson told him that he had to leave to go to his job. Staubach then went to Gil Brandt, and asked him to give Pearson more money - he was a keeper. Brandt did, and once Otto Stowe went down with a broken leg, Pearson's career took off.
Cool story. Thanks for sharing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had not even thought about about going to the ceremony.. With this many Cowboys going in.. I may have to consider it.

Same here. I been looking for a reason to take a road trip. I have family in Ohio, as I was born and raised there. I will need to see what I can do.

I don’t need a reason to take a trip, I can do one at any time. But this is a thought.

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m in Big D tonight and I’m thinking I just saw him pull up in a Mercedes at my hotel.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Roger introducing Drew at the HOF ceremonies. This is great and how appropriate.

I'm so happy for Drew Pearson!!! Long overdue!

I still remember he was the Texas High School All-State Honorary Spokesman for those like myself who made All-State in football back in the late 80s. What a caring and gracious man!

:starspin: GO DREW PEARSON!!! :starspin:
:starspin: GO DALLAS COWBOYS!!! :starspin: