The greatest all time Cowboy IMO

tyke1doe

Reaction score
its easy to say Emmitt because he was the NFL all time leading rusher and not to take nything away from him he was great but I think you can exchange the name Emmitt and throw in others becuse Emmitt ran behind the greatest line in NFL history IMO.

Ill say Lilly or Allen.
I tell you that Derrick Lassic, Curvin Richards, Sherman Williams and Blair Thomas were 1,000 yard rushers behind the greatest line in NFL history. :muttley:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Mr E Smith

Too small

Not fast enough

Not quick enough

The debate over who was responsible for bringing him here, JJ or JJ is ridiculous!!! The Florida scout at the time was responsible. He convinced both not to listen to that to small crap. Convinced he had the heart and desire of work horse. Don't know who that scout was but I would shake his hand today.

E was game ready from draft day, 31 teams poor judgement our benefit

The greatest Cowboy of all time

Pffffttttt.... I thought it was gonna be Joseph Randle, the only person in the history of forever to get arrested stealing underwear.

Trendnet

Reaction score
I tell you that Derrick Lassic, Curvin Richards, Sherman Williams and Blair Thomas were 1,000 yard rushers behind the greatest line in NFL history. :muttley:

Not only that, 3 of the 5 starting offensive lineman were on the 1989 team...

who can forget the probowl careers of Darryl Clack and Paul Palmer.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
For me, no one could ever surpass Roger the Dodger Staubach, but I also loved Herschel Walker and Emmitt Smith. It makes me wish Roger could have played with those guys. For all these guys, I loved both their playing and who they are as human beings. They're guys I would love to hang out with.

True story about Roger. My grade school friend wrote to him and invited him to his birthday party. We were all excited wondering if Staubach would come to his party. He then received a letter saying he can't come because he has football practice and the coach won't let him off. Years later, when I was reading Staubach's autobiography, I saw where he published my friend's invitation letter and Staubach's reply to it. Of course we weren't mad at him for not coming to the party. We understood. It was really cool for my friend to get a letter from Roger Staubach.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
It's certainly not just ONE position that makes a team. Sure those QB's were great back in the day. But how great would they of been playing by themselves?! The Cowboys had/have great players in ALL positions. It's impossible to pick just one player and say he was the greatest.
Agree. Allen ruled at that position.
before staubach the cowboys were known as next years champions their qb play was such that they were just not good enough he cured that situation and the dallas cowboys then became the dallas cowboys

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
22 is my favorite Cowboy too. But to be fair only 16 teams passed on him. I think my top 5 faves would be Smith, Staubach, Manster, Too Tall and the most underrated guy IMO #79 Big E.
Big E is a really nice guy and Randy is in a class by himself. Very down to earth and just a regular dude. I wish I had met the other guys.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mr E Smith

Too small

Not fast enough

Not quick enough

The debate over who was responsible for bringing him here, JJ or JJ is ridiculous!!! The Florida scout at the time was responsible. He convinced both not to listen to that to small crap. Convinced he had the heart and desire of work horse. Don't know who that scout was but I would shake his hand today.

E was game ready from draft day, 31 teams poor judgement our benefit

The greatest Cowboy of all time

I would still give the two JJ's some credit because I'm sure scouts extoll the virtues of a lot of players, and they still had to sort through all that and decide who and what to believe. I don't care if it was more JJ or JJ that bought in. That horse has been beaten enough.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll answer this the way I answered the thread about favorite all time Cowboy. It's was, is now, and will forever be Roger Staubach.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Tim Seder. Go to 4:20 of this video to see not one, but TWO TDs scored by the legendary K. God, I miss the Dave Campo era.