The Greatest Draft Trade in History May Be Upon Us

C42

Reaction score
So the Browns would trade the #1 and #4 for the #2? Ik it’s the Browns but Idk if they fall for that. Lol

I see them taking their QB at #1 and trading #4.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

GreenMean69

Reaction score
So the Browns would trade the #1 and #4 for the #2? Ik it’s the Browns but Idk if they fall for that. Lol

I see them taking their QB at #1 and trading #4.

I dunno they value picks .... yet fail to realize they have to just use them eventually. There is a such thing as too many picks and having too many rookies. If Browns trade down again it will be more fail for them

jay94

Reaction score
Browns are going to win 6 games this year, if that is failure for them then sure. We will be mediocre again. The running back class is to deep drafting Barkley would be a mistake in the top ten.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
The Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and New York Giants may have something brewing. The Browns would land the Giants' No. 2 overall pick, the Giants would then get the Bills' No. 4 and No. 12 picks, while the Bills would find themselves with the No. 1 overall pick.

Looks like two different scenarios. But either way the Bills would have to give a ton of picks, I think they meant only 1st overall. So two 1sts, two 2nds, two 3rds.

1st overall is 3000 according to old draft chart, teams don't really use it, only as a reference depending on how bad the trade up team wants it. Also keep in mind a first round pick next year is equal to middle of this year's second round.

2018_NFL_Draft_Trade_Value_Chart.png

Last edited:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Trade does not make sense and I think they screwed up the details.

Browns own 1st and 4th so why would the Giants get the 4th? Browns are not going to give up 2 picks to move down.

Bills own 12th and 22nd.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Trade does not make sense and I think they screwed up the details.

Browns own 1st and 4th so why would the Giants get the 4th? Browns are not going to give up 2 picks to move down.

Bills own 12th and 22nd.

There’s obviously other pieces in play, these are just the notable ones you can fit in a tweet and they don’t have all the details. Browns would end up with a haul of 3 or 4 first rounders with other stuff too.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
There’s obviously other pieces in play, these are just the notable ones you can fit in a tweet and they don’t have all the details. Browns would end up with a haul of 3 or 4 first rounders with other stuff too.

and they will still screw it up

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
yea, OP got confused. the Giants will get the #4 OR #12, not both. probably dependent on if Cleveland wants to get involved. if the Browns deal #4, then the Giants likely don't pick up a future #1, maybe just a couple of second rounders. but if they go from #2 to #12, they'll get both firsts, plus a future first more than likely.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It all starts with the QB position and the Browns haven't had a good one since Vinny Testerverde. I think they should spend the #1 and #4 picks on QBs and let them go head to head. Nothing else they do matters or will result in any kind of success until they have that position locked up with a legit franchise QB. Since their is no Manning or Aikman in this class, they should double down on their chances. Its rare for a team to be in position to draft 2 potential franchise QBs. So, IMO, they should take Allen #1 and Rosen at #4. Trade the loser of that head to head battle for a 1st and 3rd next year. It will be Aikman-Walsh 2.0

If there was a legit LT in this draft, i'd reconsider.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Browns are cursed when it comes to choosing a QB. If they dont take Sam Darnold they are dumber than a bag of rocks.

• Naturally accurate passer
  • Fits passes into tight windows
  • Excellent ball placement
  • Throws a catchable ball
  • Pocket presence
  • Has poise
  • Advanced anticipation; instinctive thrower
  • Throws with good timing
  • Can accelerate his throwing motion
  • Quality arm strength
  • Pushed team to wins
  • Good internal clock
  • Mobility
  • Throws very well on the run
  • Throws accurately off platform
  • Displays some feel in the pocket
  • Not easy to sack
  • Can hurt defenses on the ground
  • Can make all the throws required
  • Can pick up yards on the ground
  • Threads passes into tight windows
  • Throws receivers open
  • Can beat good coverage with his arm and accuracy
  • Potential for good field vision
  • Can move eyes through progressions
  • Smooth, natural passer
  • Instincts
  • Stands tall in the pocket
  • Throws knowing he is going get hit
  • Impressive precision
  • Great fit for a west coast offense
  • Good footwork
  • Good ball placement and timing to lead receivers for yards after the catch
  • Excellent intangibles
  • Smart
  • Good worker
  • Good teammate

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Brace for impact:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ks-may-be-in-works/ar-AAvXwJt?ocid=spartanntp

Picks 1, 2, and 4 may all be traded between 3 different teams in 1 giant clusterschmuck.

Theoretically, Giants might still get Barkley at 4 and possibly land OG Nelson at 12. Which would basically be the best draft ever.
lol....please explain.........we have different math in Texas......if the giants gave all their picks this year AND next they couldn't to that.

jay94

Reaction score
I don't care who Browns pick as qb as long as it isn't Josh Allen. Yes, I am rooting for the Browns, I will still bet anyone that they will win 6 games next year.

4th_and_short

Reaction score
The Browns are cursed when it comes to choosing a QB. If they dont take Sam Darnold they are dumber than a bag of rocks.

• Naturally accurate passer
  • Fits passes into tight windows
  • Excellent ball placement
  • Throws a catchable ball
  • Pocket presence
  • Has poise
  • Advanced anticipation; instinctive thrower
  • Throws with good timing
  • Can accelerate his throwing motion
  • Quality arm strength
  • Pushed team to wins
  • Good internal clock
  • Mobility
  • Throws very well on the run
  • Throws accurately off platform
  • Displays some feel in the pocket
  • Not easy to sack
  • Can hurt defenses on the ground
  • Can make all the throws required
  • Can pick up yards on the ground
  • Threads passes into tight windows
  • Throws receivers open
  • Can beat good coverage with his arm and accuracy
  • Potential for good field vision
  • Can move eyes through progressions
  • Smooth, natural passer
  • Instincts
  • Stands tall in the pocket
  • Throws knowing he is going get hit
  • Impressive precision
  • Great fit for a west coast offense
  • Good footwork
  • Good ball placement and timing to lead receivers for yards after the catch
  • Excellent intangibles
  • Smart
  • Good worker
  • Good teammate

You forgot the part that he threw a lot of INTs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
You forgot the part that he threw a lot of INTs.
He does throw ints but his bigger issue is he has trouble securing the ball and fumbles.That is something that can be worked out but Darnolds capabilities are very high.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
lol....please explain.........we have different math in Texas......if the giants gave all their picks this year AND next they couldn't to that.

What do you mean? They have the 2, it would take a first round pick for another team to move from 4 Up to 2, and they would get 12 from the bills to do it, so they’d end up with 4 and 12.

They would have to give up all their picks to move down from 2 to 4? Your math in Texas sounds... interesting.