The greatness of DaRon Bland

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate these multiple endpoint stats molded around a single player. Why 27? Why 11? Why 4? Because those are exactly what Bland has done and you can combine them to exclude anyone else.

Everson Walls intercepted 19 passes in his first 27 games, far and away the most: Diggs and Erik McMillan are in second, at 14. That's an amazing stat for Walls.

Let's expand it to something closer to a round number, 32 games (two full seasons for modern players). Walls had 22 interceptions, holy cow. But here's the interesting one. There are only three players with four pick-sixes in their first 32 games: Ronnie Lott, Phillip Buchanon, and Bland. All three had exactly 11 interceptions over that period. And of course Bland still has 5 games to go.

I'd much rather see a reasonable stat that teaches me something, "wow, Bland is in some elite company there, oh, and by the way, Walls was amazing," than a convoluted frankenstat that puts him by himself for no good reason.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bland has been unbelievable.

I don’t want to take anything away from him but some of this is the Parsons effect on QBs internal clock to get rid of the ball.

Bland deserves DPOY convo though.

Why throw at him right now?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
All reports is he is a very humble guy, doubtful he would take that route.
If you honestly believed you were one of THE very best at what you do in your career field - wouldn’t YOU insist on being paid commensurate to your performance? Tell the truth now - or ask Zach Martin, if you’re unsure.