The greatness of DaRon Bland

Gambit

Reaction score
If you honestly believed you were one of THE very best at what you do in your career field - wouldn’t YOU insist on being paid commensurate to your performance? Tell the truth now - or ask Zach Martin, if you’re unsure.
Asking to be paid at contract time and holding out are 2 different things, are they not?

Ask Zach Martin if you're unsure since he hasn't done that until this season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, that's what I said right aftewards.
Well then, it's really a "convoluted Frankenstat that puts him by himself for no good reason", if the reason is that they can only measure it by the amount of games he's played.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Asking to be paid at contract time and holding out are 2 different things, are they not?

Ask Zach Martin if you're unsure since he hasn't done that until this season.
Ahh, but Zach Martin DID hold out. We agree on that.

Now, if Daron Bland continues with his spectacular play - how long can you reasonably expect him to play for the bargain money of his rookie contract. He’s an amiable and humble personality by all accounts. Don’t confuse THAT with his being unaware of the relatively narrow financial window that accompanies a football life.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well then, it's really a "convoluted Frankenstat that puts him by himself for no good reason", if the reason is that they can only measure it by the amount of games he's played.
Sorry. I left out the word "not". "Well then, it's not really a ..."

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
As it stands Bland has scored 24 points this campaign from the cornerback position. One more pick six and he will set the record for a season.

I wonder if that will be the most a defender has scored in one season, or just interception run backs.

But next year, if they retain Gilmore, and Diggs comes back, consider the option to move corners, finding the best match-ups for each since Dallas will have three solid performers. But keep[ in mind Diggs may take a while to get back to full speed.

Nice dilemma to have.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Ahh, but Zach Martin DID hold out. We agree on that.

Now, if Daron Bland continues with his spectacular play - how long can you reasonably expect him to play for the bargain money of his rookie contract. He’s an amiable and humble personality by all accounts. Don’t confuse THAT with his being unaware of the relatively narrow financial window that accompanies a football life.
Given how Diggs just handled his contract, I don't see Bland going nuts. Bland is on a rookie contract. Martin is at the end of his second. It is not the same thing.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Bland has been unbelievable.

I don’t want to take anything away from him but some of this is the Parsons effect on QBs internal clock to get rid of the ball.

Bland deserves DPOY convo though.

Why throw at him right now?
I made a similar point in another thread. Bland obviously has the skills and ability and this pass rush is allowing it to shine. QBs have to process faster and get rid of the ball quicker that's going to lead to more poor throws/decisions and he has the skill to make them pay. A great pass rush makes the DBs job much easier.

Kinda like the old saying about OLs ...... a great OL makes average RBs look good, make good RBs look great and make great RBs look like HOFers

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If you honestly believed you were one of THE very best at what you do in your career field - wouldn’t YOU insist on being paid commensurate to your performance? Tell the truth now - or ask Zach Martin, if you’re unsure.
Some fans are so naive. Bland has an agent that doesn't care about blame appearing humble