The greatness of NOT "ignore"

Blake

Reaction score
As a poster and as a MOD, I can tell you that ignore is a great tool to have. I can't tell you how many times I've had to land hard on people I liked, simply because they let the emotion and the conversation get the best of them.

Heck, I've been in conversations, more then I'd like to admit, where I've dominated too much of the conversation because I got to going back and forth with other posters and honestly, I feel like it just kinda killed the thread. That's on me but if you disengage, then it's better for the thread sometimes. Sometimes, the other poster won't allow that and then that's when you got to think about ignore. I mean, it's our board, it's not my board so I feel like I have to be better about trying to be conscious of other people as well.

JMO

I try to avoid going back-and-forth because it wastes both of our time. It's sometimes difficult to not get worked up into a heated debate though, but I'm usually content to let someone have the final word, because truthfully I don't really care about being proven right or wrong. I'll state my opinion, defend it as long as I feel necessary and others can taken it how they will.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I try to avoid going back-and-forth because it wastes both of our time. It's sometimes difficult to not get worked up into a heated debate though, but I'm usually content to let someone have the final word, because truthfully I don't really care about being proven right or wrong. I'll state my opinion, defend it as long as I feel necessary and others can taken it how they will.

That's really a very good approach Blake. Sometimes, I wished that I was better at that. I applaud you for your approach.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the very best qualities of being a poster on this great site is the ability to not ignore posters on the site who disagree with you or challenge your opinions, since you’re not afraid of a little white noise.

It's not something you see often, but the ability to not ignore really parses down on the site who has thick skin and keeps it 1000, ensuring that there’s always something interesting, relevant, and controversial to read; even if you don’t like what it has to say. The simpletons and riff-raff who use ignore do it because they must stick to their confirmation bias and filter the site for opinions and ideas that agree with theirs. When they put you on ignore, they’re only just playing themselves and doing you a favor since you no longer appear in their feed - for them to respond with their nonsense and vitriol. They’re actually clueless about 80% of the other conversations going on around them, existing in the bubble of their own making. It sharpens your experience here and eliminates the time wasted on going back and forth with the clueless and meandering know-nothings.

I highly recommend not ignoring posters. I've got 0 on ignore, and don’t even use it sparingly because I’m not a panzie know-it-all.

I recommend only using ignore if someone insults your mother. Spirited debate that gets testy or even personal is what this site is all about if you’re a grown *** person that doesn’t need your hand held by an ignore button. Eventually everything cools off later and we get back to meaningful football discussion. It's just like the internet man…., so who cares about that stuff. We all get a little overly passionate at times about the Cowboys.

I'm referring to those useless fence-posts who never add anything to any conversation because they ignore most of the posters who challenge their opinions, and think they have superior football acumen though we all know they probably never played a down in their life and carry a pocket protector. They’re not worth your time or thought process anyway, so they’re really helping the board out by eliminating themselves from any future discussions with you . You know the kind.

If you haven't ignored anyone already, there’s no need to tailor the site any specific way before the season starts. Makes for a much better season all the way around.

I would love to have a method to tag a thread as either General or Analysis with the rules being that Analysis threads are for actually analyzing a topic, primarily plays on the field and "drive by" trolling would not be allowed.

Somebody created a thread about the Blue & White Scrimmage.

I was super happy to see a little extra video footage of training camp which we got with the Blue & White scrimmage.

What sucks is that the thread devolved into just constant moaning & groaning with a lot of trolling in the mix.

Training camp is where we finally get to see the new players and see how 2nd year players like Connor Williams have progressed.

We've had 3 years of seeing Dak in real games. We don't need every thread to get bogged down with people complaining about Dak or other pre-existing issues.

I get that some people hate Dak or Garrett or Jerry, etc.., however, can we just have some threads where we talk about guys like Pollard, Joe Jackson, Randall Cobb, etc..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
One of the very best qualities of being a poster on this great site is the ability to not ignore posters on the site who disagree with you or challenge your opinions, since you’re not afraid of a little white noise.

One man's "little white noise" is another's "I don't want morons littering my view of the page".

giphy.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Nah your buddies. girlsgonewild, ksk, i think are the only ones on my ignore list. Usually ppl that cause me to get banned I put on my ignore list so I don't fall into the trap again.
I'm blushing!!!

And seeeeeeee, I told you guys I was elite and important!!! I'm on a short list of honorees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!