Video: The Herd- Cowboys Under 10.5 Wins

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I would have to agree with the under on this one. I am not a betting man. You are insane if you are in this day and age, with the way the NFL is run...and its not just the officiating. More like WWE.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
This is Jalen Tolbert's breakout year.
He's shown so much promise. Ready to be a bonified #2; oh wait, they have Brandon Cooks, the one trick pony who can't consistently get separation on the outside.

GMO415

Reaction score
Interesting. I thought the cowboys would be under. But since Cowherd is wrong so incredibly often. Now I’m thinking the over.
200w.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not altogether so sure how a player might get half a win, though . . .:huh:

Maybe that's what a guy gets if he only does half of what he's capable of?

Is it conceivable that he might actually get up to 11 wins if he tries harder?

shabazz

Reaction score
The fun starts in Clevland and it's all downhill from there!
If we win 8 games I will be impressed.
Got together with fellow cowboys fans at work to predict the wins losses.

The high was 9 and the low was 6......I'm seeing 8 because we play the weak East and get to play the Panthers again.

I'm predicting no wins from the AFC North campaign....I just don't see one on paper

shabazz

Reaction score
Put your life savings on it then.
Haven't I tutored you already in having a diverse portfolio?

Stop telling people to invest unwisely, already

Throw a couple grand on it and reap the benefits.....greed never pays off.

rambo2

Reaction score
Why aren't you loading up your life savings on the over? You've been hyping the 12 win seasons as if they mean anything so let's see you put up or shut up.
Because it could land between 10 and 12. They know what they are doing when they set up these numbers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Never bet the over on these. Find an under you like and bet that. This way you never have to worry about the QB getting hurt.

If certain things break right for Dallas, I have them maxing out at 11. I would take under 10.5 in a second.
Exactly if somehow this team struggles early finds their way late comes together if they could just make the playoffs after what fans are overreacting about the offseason and all the changes that would be a win because once you're in lots of surprising things can happen in the playoffs.. The expectations is already been under nine wins and not making the playoffs and this thing being blown up and everyone being fired and we're starting all over so yeah if somehow that tenth win gets us a wild card and we catch fire in the playoffs I'll take that right now....

Although I think the exaggeration all offseason about how bad we're gonna be and how it's gonna be a severe drop off it's just ridiculous we haven't even really seen the teams yet and the whole straight the schedule from the year before is the bunch of hooey that's right I think it's ridiculous that when people look at a schedule and go ohh man that's gonna be tough basing everything on last year's teams when teams have at least 17% turnover lots of changes happen from one year to another and crazy things happen where you can lose players to injury you don't know how the seasons playing out or nobody would watch...

So yeah it's gonna be hard to win 12 games again for the 4th year in a row but if we made the playoffs in any manner like we've seen teams in the past that it took the last three games of the year and they squeaked their way into a wild card you know sort of like the Packers date and then just stomped on us that can happen so I'm hoping if that's our worst where we squeak into the playoffs but then show up and have our best ball being played at that moment then I'll take that.....

I mean isn't it a win win either way I mean a lot of fans the haters the negative nannies around here they want to see it blown up and start over so if we have a terrible season we get to see a rebuild and everyone will be happy about all the moves being made all the trades we're going to be picking higher in the draft for years yeah we're gonna win the offseasons you know much like Washington New York has in our division and wouldn't get them not much but that's what our fan base wants they're just tired of watching us get knocked out of the playoffs so instead we probably could watch us not make the playoffs for three to five years or we win those 9-10 games get in to the playoffs for the fourth straight year and those people are upset but most fans can't be upset about making the playoffs because that's ridiculous....

Flamma

Reaction score
Exactly if somehow this team struggles early finds their way late comes together if they could just make the playoffs after what fans are overreacting about the offseason and all the changes that would be a win because once you're in lots of surprising things can happen in the playoffs.. The expectations is already been under nine wins and not making the playoffs and this thing being blown up and everyone being fired and we're starting all over so yeah if somehow that tenth win gets us a wild card and we catch fire in the playoffs I'll take that right now....

Although I think the exaggeration all offseason about how bad we're gonna be and how it's gonna be a severe drop off it's just ridiculous we haven't even really seen the teams yet and the whole straight the schedule from the year before is the bunch of hooey that's right I think it's ridiculous that when people look at a schedule and go ohh man that's gonna be tough basing everything on last year's teams when teams have at least 17% turnover lots of changes happen from one year to another and crazy things happen where you can lose players to injury you don't know how the seasons playing out or nobody would watch...

So yeah it's gonna be hard to win 12 games again for the 4th year in a row but if we made the playoffs in any manner like we've seen teams in the past that it took the last three games of the year and they squeaked their way into a wild card you know sort of like the Packers date and then just stomped on us that can happen so I'm hoping if that's our worst where we squeak into the playoffs but then show up and have our best ball being played at that moment then I'll take that.....

I mean isn't it a win win either way I mean a lot of fans the haters the negative nannies around here they want to see it blown up and start over so if we have a terrible season we get to see a rebuild and everyone will be happy about all the moves being made all the trades we're going to be picking higher in the draft for years yeah we're gonna win the offseasons you know much like Washington New York has in our division and wouldn't get them not much but that's what our fan base wants they're just tired of watching us get knocked out of the playoffs so instead we probably could watch us not make the playoffs for three to five years or we win those 9-10 games get in to the playoffs for the fourth straight year and those people are upset but most fans can't be upset about making the playoffs because that's ridiculous....
I don't think we're going to have a bad year. But I really haven't seen anything to make us better or worse. We have a tougher schedule, but the home/away favors us. I'm thinking we're a 10-11 win team at best if Dallas does really well at home. Similar to last year. But we'll probably be around 9-10 wins because I doubt we go 8-0 at home again. Remember, Dallas took no steps to get better results. So don't expect better results. Expect a slight downgrade. Similar to what we did in the 2016 offseason. The result was 2017.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think we're going to have a bad year. But I really haven't seen anything to make us better or worse. We have a tougher schedule, but the home/away favors us. I'm thinking we're a 10-11 win team at best if Dallas does really well at home. Similar to last year. But we'll probably be around 9-10 wins because I doubt we go 8-0 at home again. Remember, Dallas took no steps to get better results. So don't expect better results. Expect a slight downgrade. Similar to what we did in the 2016 offseason. The result was 2017.
We have a lot of the X factors are how the schedule plays out how tough it is at the beginning because we might need some time to catch up you got guys coming off injuries like Overshown Trayvon diggs plus we have some new guys on this team in important positions like kendricks our middle linebacker and then we have the rookies in important position so a new defensive coordinator a new defensive scheme I mean if that's true we're playing the Cleveland Browns game one that is not getting off to a good start I mean I have no idea how good or bad they're gonna be but as a hard nosed physical team that likes to run the ball stop the ball and rush the passer because they had one of the best defenses last year that is not a good way especially if it's on the road to start your season when you have Trayvon diggs coming off an injury trying to cover amari Cooper who's going to be out for blood this could be a Randy Moss type deal and I know I'm exaggerating a little bit but he gets a shot at putting it back on Jerry and he has the talent to do it I mean he is not Jerry Rice or Randy Moss but when he's focused I don't know he could probably make Trayvon diggs blow his other knee out..

So yes, it's all going to fall about timing one of our guys are they going to catch up are they going to be ready or is it going to take five or six games like it did last year because last year it was getting the offense going that was new..

So we just gotta hope that some of the young kids some of the new additions you know that the coaches figuring out what to do with the running back by committee who rises to the top who's ready but if we come out of the gate slow it could be really bad like I don't know I'm not saying it's gonna be a bad season but what if we like 2018 start out three and five and Jerry has to do something like bring in a better running back or make some changes I mean you're never out of it and I mean that season proved it we end up 10 and six and then the second round of the playoffs..

So that's the only thing that worries me I mean we're going to win nine games and squeak in because of a slow start or is all this overblown and we're going to be a pretty solid team like we were last year and getting the ten wins is just more likely than not...

phildadon86

Reaction score
Because high rollers and educated gamblers wont be putting major money on any bet that takes 7 months to get paid....especially at -130 odds.
Thank you for putting that poster in his place. He lives in candyland where its all blue and silver rainbows and they are apparently better now than last year somehow. With a harder schedule.