The hits keep coming Goff was the better QB of 2016 draft?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
For a while, it looked like we could say that we had the better quarterback of 2016.

I don’t care what type of stats they produce, all I know is Goff has now made it to another NFC championship game on another team.

Maybe 1st rounders DO matter?

We’ll see what happens against San Fran. Goff may very well get beat by the last pick of the draft.

But as a fan who wants to see my team go all the way again, would love to say Dak was in that game too.

Even Detroit can get back to an NFC Championship. No pressure Jerry.

JBS

Reaction score
Yes you are totally right man. We blew it, we should have drafted Goff instead!!!! Ughhhh

Dumb

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
No spit brother, he was a number 1 pick. He's supposed to be better.
Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Jared Goff, Brock Purdy.

All credit to teams like NE and SF for finding great starters in late rounds, but time for Jerry to realize a first rounder is what set his team on the right path In the first place.

Problem is, rumor is the last first rounders Jethro fell for were Johnny Manziel and Paxton Lynch.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yes you are totally right man. We blew it, we should have drafted Goff instead!!!! Ughhhh

Dumb
And that answers nothing I brought up. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The live in the moment crowd is having a field. Go look at some of the previous threads on Goff vs Dak from a couple of years ago. :thumbup: I’m sure the Rams fans are second guessing moving on from Goff. He never got to play with that loaded team they built after they dumped him for Stafford. A lot of times it’s the team around the QB. Stafford never won a playoff game in Detroit.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
For a while, it looked like we could say that we had the better quarterback of 2016.

I don’t care what type of stats they produce, all I know is Goff has now made it to another NFC championship game on another team.

We’ll see what happens against San Fran. Goff may very well get beat by the last pick of the draft.

But as a fan who wants to see my team go all the way again, would love to say Dak was in that game too.

Let's set the record straight: Jared Goff and Brock Purdy aren't any more talented than Dak. They just have the luxury of a stronger supporting cast.

Look at Detroit and San Francisco—they made moves to bring in impactful players that elevated their game. And what did we do? We drafted players who barely saw the field this year. Sure, the signings of Cook and Gilmore were decent, but let's not kid ourselves. There were glaring holes that we blatantly ignored, and they could have been addressed through free agency or trades.

It's infuriating to see missed opportunities slip through our fingers. We had the chance to strengthen our team, but instead, we settled for mediocrity. We need to demand more from our front office and coaching staff. It's time to step up and make the necessary moves to give our talented roster the support it deserves.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Let's set the record straight: Jared Goff and Brock Purdy aren't any more talented than Dak. They just have the luxury of a stronger supporting cast.

Look at Detroit and San Francisco—they made moves to bring in impactful players that elevated their game. And what did we do? We drafted players who barely saw the field this year. Sure, the signings of Cook and Gilmore were decent, but let's not kid ourselves. There were glaring holes that we blatantly ignored, and they could have been addressed through free agency or trades.

It's infuriating to see missed opportunities slip through our fingers. We had the chance to strengthen our team, but instead, we settled for mediocrity. We need to demand more from our front office and coaching staff. It's time to step up and make the necessary moves to give our talented roster the support it deserves.
Dak is becoming another Romo? The “surrounding cast wasn’t the same” arguments starting to happen? ;)

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Goff cant reliably throw an out to the opposite hash. His passing tree is literally dictated by which hash mark the ball is on. What the hell are we even talking about?
That’s sort of the point. LOL. And yet he can still win Tourney games better than Dak. :facepalm:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
For years I argued the Cowboys got the best QB out of that draft.

The shine wore off of that a long time ago.

It went from 'yay us' to 'how long are we stuck with this guy' overnight.
If Carson Wentz comes back as a second string and wins big while we’re still waiting for Jerry’s latest lame duck coach or QB to take our team to the promised land, it’s over, I give up. LOL

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

In fairness Goff was the first overall pick. He has always been talented. Just needed to learn to play QB without McVay telling him what to do