The hits keep coming Goff was the better QB of 2016 draft?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a while, it looked like we could say that we had the better quarterback of 2016.

I don’t care what type of stats they produce, all I know is Goff has now made it to another NFC championship game on another team.

Maybe 1st rounders DO matter?

We’ll see what happens against San Fran. Goff may very well get beat by the last pick of the draft.

But as a fan who wants to see my team go all the way again, would love to say Dak was in that game too.

Even Detroit can get back to an NFC Championship. No pressure Jerry.
Maybe the lesson is to draft a QB more often.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goff cant reliably throw an out to the opposite hash. His passing tree is literally dictated by which hash mark the ball is on. What the hell are we even talking about?
From Goff’s NFL scouting report:
Strengths
  • Quality arm
  • Makes all the throws and can sling the deep out with velocity and accuracy
  • Clean release and snaps throws off with flick of the wrist
  • Drives hips through his release for extra heat
  • Pocket mobility and poise shows improvement.
  • Maintains proper footwork and readiness to throw as he slides inside the pocket.
Where did you get your info?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s had an elite running game in both stops, and his passing metrics are literally all WELL below Dak’s.
Yep. Also had Sean McVey and now he has Ben Johnson. Two guys considered brilliant OC's....

Goff has been very fortunate. He didn't have to deal with the Garrett years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For years I argued the Cowboys got the best QB out of that draft.

The shine wore off of that a long time ago.

It went from 'yay us' to 'how long are we stuck with this guy' overnight.
You may be right but anyone being realistic wouldn't have glowing reviews of Goff. Goff is a good story because.....well he went from sucking to being decent to being better than we thought. People forget he was the 1st overall pick.

TWOK11

Reaction score
From Goff’s NFL scouting report:
Strengths
  • Quality arm
  • Makes all the throws and can sling the deep out with velocity and accuracy
  • Clean release and snaps throws off with flick of the wrist
  • Drives hips through his release for extra heat
  • Pocket mobility and poise shows improvement.
  • Maintains proper footwork and readiness to throw as he slides inside the pocket.
Where did you get your info?
Sean McVay and the Rams front office. McVay was even caught on a hot mic saying he had to scheme around Goff’s limited passing tree.

But also just by being a very avid fan who loves the Xs and Os. There are numerous film breakdowns of Goff and his inability to consistently make timing throws to the opposite hash mark.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a while, it looked like we could say that we had the better quarterback of 2016.

I don’t care what type of stats they produce, all I know is Goff has now made it to another NFC championship game on another team.

We’ll see what happens against San Fran. Goff may very well get beat by the last pick of the draft.

But as a fan who wants to see my team go all the way again, would love to say Dak was in that game too.

Yep without any hesitation the blonde man proved he's not a dud!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sean McVay and the Rams front office. McVay was even caught on a hot mic saying he had to scheme around Goff’s limited passing tree.

But also just by being a very avid fan who loves the Xs and Os. There are numerous film breakdowns of Goff and his inability to consistently make timing throws to the opposite hash mark.
I think that's the thing. He can make all the throws I'm sure at practice....but watching him live he doesn't consistently make them. Matt Stafford use to be the same way. Now Goff is nowhere the passer Stafford is but when he was with Detroit he use to have a lot of throws that would just be short. Not that he couldn't make them just couldn't make all the throws in game consistently. Kind of how I feel about Goff.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is becoming another Romo? The “surrounding cast wasn’t the same” arguments starting to happen? ;)
Please don't insult Romo who was 100% more of a talented QB than Prescott will ever be.
Just compare the mental aspects of these 2 Qb.
Dak is dumb and panic-riddled.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Please don't insult Romo who was 100% more of a talented QB than Prescott will ever be.
It’s funny, as I was listening to Romo call the Chiefs and Bills game, in particular, what the quarterback was facing, I started questioning if Dak would have picked up the same thing.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who cares? I don't give a crap about Goff or the Lions.....when will you guys let it go and move on to the off season. Beating a dead horse isn't going to revive him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s funny, as I was listening to Romo call the Chiefs and Bills game, in particular, what the quarterback was facing, I started questioning if Dak would have picked up the same thing.
The funny thing about Romo calling games is he sees the feel great from the booth....but when he was a player he didn't see it nearly as well.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Everyone a gangsta online....until the have to leave their basement lol.
giphy.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score
Goff is one of the all time worst QBs when he gets pressured.
but his oline is protecting so well (and run game so solid) we haven't seen that yet in the playoffs.

The Rams pressured him only 5 times…..and he was 0 for 5….but thats not enough

TWOK11

Reaction score
Romo was plagued by many of the same perceived pathologies as Dak, but nobody ever accused Romo of being “dumb”. Nobody ever argued he couldn’t comprehend the playbook, questioned his processing speed, mocked the manner in which he spoke, etc.

I wonder why that is? Guess it’s none of my business

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo was plagued by many of the same perceived pathologies as Dak, but nobody ever accused Romo of being “dumb”. Nobody ever argued he couldn’t comprehend the playbook, questioned his processing speed, mocked the manner in which he spoke, etc.

I wonder why that is?
The only one is not winning the big one beyond that purely on a talent basis Romo was 10 times the QB will ever be.
Why don't you tell us TWOK11 curious but am aware of where that mind of yours is lurking.
And it aint football.................Snap out of it man this is a football site no one except your buds here is seeing other agendas!
P.S. If you didn't see dumb and Panic-riddled Dak just recently in our Playoff loss vs GM I highly suggest you go see an optometrist!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I wonder why that is? Guess it’s none of my business
:hammer: