The Hostage Crisis is Over.

superpunk

Reaction score
http://mirror.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=4666 said:
Dungy addressed the issue of his future afterward, saying the following day in Miami that although he expected to return, he planned to discuss it with his wife, Lauren, and Colts Owner and Chief Executive Officer Jim Irsay.
On Monday, in a press conference at the Colts' complex in Indianapolis to discuss this weekend’s NFL Scouting Combine, Dungy said the decision to return for the 2007 season wasn’t necessarily easy.
Rest easy America. Tony Dungy has ceased holding the Colts hostage. In a disgusting act lasting more than two weeks, he displayed his desire for attention by jerking the Colts around and not offering a decision for next year. Meanwhile, great candidates like Norv Turner and Lane Kiffin were FLYING off the shelves.

How dare he not know if he wants to be the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, and continue with this "soul-searching" every offseason? Bob Irsay deserves more.

Frankly, I think it was just a power play so that he could further stifle Tom Moore.

The Realist

Reaction score
Total egomaniac.

Not fair to his assts either.

He'll be GM of the Titans this time next year.

All of his former assts have nothing but bad things to say about him.

He ruined Manning and Addai by being negative all the time and teaching them to avoid mistakes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1384539 said:
Rest easy America. Tony Dungy has ceased holding the Colts hostage. In a disgusting act lasting more than two weeks, he displayed his desire for attention by jerking the Colts around and not offering a decision for next year. Meanwhile, great candidates like Norv Turner and Lane Kiffin were FLYING off the shelves.

How dare he not know if he wants to be the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, and continue with this "soul-searching" every offseason? Bob Irsay deserves more.

Frankly, I think it was just a power play so that he could further stifle Tom Moore.
And I don't remember reading or hearing where the press tried to vilify him for taking his time. Shocking. :)

superpunk

Reaction score
The Realist;1384548 said:
Total egomaniac.

Not fair to his assts either.

He'll be GM of the Titans this time next year.

All of his former assts have nothing but bad things to say about him.

He ruined Manning and Addai by being negative all the time and teaching them to avoid mistakes.

I heard Lovie Smith wanted to punch him in the face.

You're totally right about Addai, too.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Of course, he said the day after the SB that his intentions were to return...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bill Parcells said many times that he planned to return .....

rcaldw

Reaction score
Dungy said the night of the Super Bowl that he saw no reason why he wouldn't be back.

Parcells on the other hand always treated it like a legitimate possibility that he wouldn't be back.

If you can't tell that there was SOME difference in the two, then you just don't want to see it.

Having said that, I really didn't like Dungy's response either.

If you want to coach, coach. If you don't want to coach, don't. If you don't know whether you want to or not, I really don't know why a team would want you to.

That is my opinion.

superpunk

Reaction score
In a radio interview earlier this week, Leslie Frazier was asked if Meeks was able to, on first and 10, instruct his players along the defensive line to tackle the opposing ball carrier.

His answer? After a pause (during which it was clear he was thinking about trashing Dungy, but thought better of it) he responded "Sometimes."

Leslie Frazier's pause speaks volumes.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
When a coach announces the day after the last game of the season he is returning I would not think that is holding a team hostage......that's just me. I guess our definition of hostage differs a little. :)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
superpunk;1384539 said:

NEXT!!!

Dungy? He can bide his time. He won a Super Bowl.
Your man boobs Parcells did not.

:lmao2:

superpunk

Reaction score
Cbz40;1384729 said:
When a coach announces the day after the last game of the season he is returning I would not think that is holding a team hostage......that's just me. I guess our definition of hostage differs a little. :)

Did he REALLY state, without question, that he would be returning?

Really, CBZ?

He REALLY said that?

Maybe you could produce that link so myself and the media horde that reported his CONFIRMED return today can be better informed.

And if you think I'm acting ridiculous - you should have seen this place before Bill decided to retire. What a circus!

"Bill needs to make a decision!!"

"Bill is holding us hostage!"

"Bill causes acne!"

"Bill should know whether or not he wants to coach, damnit!"

"Bill doesn't know cooking!"

Oh.....it was a scene, man.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
This thread is

NailsBoxLevel04-Green.jpg

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
superpunk;1384957 said:
Did he REALLY state, without question, that he would be returning?

Really, CBZ?

He REALLY said that?

Maybe you could produce that link so myself and the media horde that reported his CONFIRMED return today can be better informed.

And if you think I'm acting ridiculous - you should have seen this place before Bill decided to retire. What a circus!

"Bill needs to make a decision!!"

"Bill is holding us hostage!"

"Bill causes acne!"

"Bill should know whether or not he wants to coach, damnit!"

"Bill doesn't know cooking!"

Oh.....it was a scene, man.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2754837

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh....that drama queen bastid!

Colts fans HAVE to be tired of his act.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
superpunk;1384977 said:
"I'm very fired up and looking forward to coming back. But I'll evaluate it and see where we'll go."

Yeah. He totally nailed it down.

What ever you say sp. :) With that statement I would feel 99.9% sure he would be returning. ;)

You will also have to admit it was more than a certain coach who's initials are BP had to say.