The Hostage Crisis is Over.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Cbz40;1384983 said:
What ever you say sp. :) With that statement I would feel 99.9% sure he would be returning. ;)

You will also have to admit it was more than a certain coach who's initials are BP had to say.

Exactly.

Did anyone and I do mean anyone really truly believe that Dungy was not coming back?

Were people really unsure about what BP was doing? Absolutely.

To me it is not even comparable. Plus in the end, Dungy did come back and BP did not. Big difference.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
superpunk;1384539 said:
Rest easy America. Tony Dungy has ceased holding the Colts hostage. In a disgusting act lasting more than two weeks, he displayed his desire for attention by jerking the Colts around and not offering a decision for next year. Meanwhile, great candidates like Norv Turner and Lane Kiffin were FLYING off the shelves.

How dare he not know if he wants to be the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, and continue with this "soul-searching" every offseason? Bob Irsay deserves more.

Frankly, I think it was just a power play so that he could further stifle Tom Moore.
This is a sarcastic post, no?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
superpunk;1384539 said:
Rest easy America. Tony Dungy has ceased holding the Colts hostage. In a disgusting act lasting more than two weeks, he displayed his desire for attention by jerking the Colts around and not offering a decision for next year. Meanwhile, great candidates like Norv Turner and Lane Kiffin were FLYING off the shelves.

How dare he not know if he wants to be the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, and continue with this "soul-searching" every offseason? Bob Irsay deserves more.

Frankly, I think it was just a power play so that he could further stifle Tom Moore.
Leaves me to wonder if the team cancer, Harrison, is going to come back.
It's got to be one or the other. Those two egos could never co-exist.

superpunk

Reaction score
marsbennett;1385158 said:
This is a sarcastic post, no?
You have no idea how many times I asked myself that same question after reasing nonstop "Bill hates kittens" for weeks.

Seven;1385163 said:
Leaves me to wonder if the team cancer, Harrison, is going to come back.
It's got to be one or the other. Those two egos could never co-exist.

Irsay forced Booger McFarland on Dungy. Who hires someone named Booger, anyway?

Skin

Reaction score
superpunk;1384977 said:
"I'm very fired up and looking forward to coming back. But I'll evaluate it and see where we'll go."

Yeah. He totally nailed it down.

Dungy sounds ready to spar with Smith again -- if that's what it takes.

"Generally, after a couple of days, you feel like everything is rolling," Dungy said. "I do look forward to helping these guys defend this title."

I think this quote was a bit more telling.

Having said that, who cares?