The Huddle Report - Mock Draft 3/22 - different

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
I would cry if that is the draft.

I'll take Justice, Croyle and Orr. But Whitner is yuck at #49. Croyle is yuck in the 3rd round. I'll take him later.

There isn't a starter in that draft with the exception of Justice depending on how our new FA Tackle looks.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Wimbo said:
Different than most mocks I have seen. Comments?

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/NickelPackage/dm3.22.shtml

18 OT Winston Justice USC
49 S Donte Whitner Ohio St
80 QB Brodie Croyle Alabama
145 WR Jonathan Orr Wisconsin
172 LB Omar Gaither Tennessee
207 TE Charles Davis Purdue

The only one i like is Justice.. the others i could pass on.

1st- Justice--OL
2nd Simpson--FS
3rd Charlie W.--QB
4ht Ben O--wr
the last 2 picks should be BPA concentrating on DL and LB.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You can bank on Lawson/Wimbley/Carpenter or Anderson being in a Cowboys uniform. I would even throw in Thomas Howard. We have nothing on the other side, that will be addressed. Book it!

dwmyers

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
You can bank on Lawson/Wimbley/Carpenter or Anderson being in a Cowboys uniform. I would even throw in Thomas Howard. We have nothing on the other side, that will be addressed. Book it!

I don't know if anything other than death and taxes is certain, and formally we have Al Singleton on the other side, but given the really deep talent at rush LB this year, we ought to get someone the first day.

Two would be nice. Then you could rotate people at OLB who have different styles and different moves.

David.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
The only one i like is Justice.. the others i could pass on.

1st- Justice--OL
2nd Simpson--FS
3rd Charlie W.--QB
4ht Ben O--wr
the last 2 picks should be BPA concentrating on DL and LB.

You are correct. Charlie Whitehurst is a better selection than Croyle

ddh33

Reaction score
I would love Donte Whitner at 49, but I don't think he'll be there. Croyle in the third wouldn't be a huge shock to me, depending on what happens with Drew in Europe. But I hate the Winston Justice pick. That ruins it for me.

Pokes28

Reaction score
While it isn't a draft that would have me in full idolize mode, it wouldn't put me in melt down mode either (like in 2001 when we twice traded away from drafting Shaun Rogers so we could get in a position to reach for Q and then Tony Dixon).

This is a draft that would give us some really solid players. Not any of which I think are difference makers, but steady contributors with a low bust potential.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
dwmyers said:
I don't know if anything other than death and taxes is certain, and formally we have Al Singleton on the other side, but given the really deep talent at rush LB this year, we ought to get someone the first day.

Two would be nice. Then you could rotate people at OLB who have different styles and different moves.

David.
Death Taxes and T.O. performing an endzone routine.;)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dyluke said:
I will be sick if we draft justice in the first round

why? he's probably the 2nd best OL in the draft...could play LT or RT...might be a probowler for years at one of the spots...Flo is coming off a knee injury, Fabini a season ending injury, and Petitti and Tucker are stiffs

if Justice is there at 18 he might be the BPA, and T is a need

David

ghst187

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:

I think the first day of that draft sucks. Zero impact players.
I agree with the above quote. We need an impact OLB and any of these guys would be good ones.
If we take a QB, I think it'll be Whitehurst.
Of all the S's on my board for us to take, this Whitner guy is definitely no where to be found. Jason Allen and Ko Simpson are the dudes.