The I support big Mike thread

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
I can understand why Jerry is bringing him back. First they have won 12 games three years in a row and two division titles. Next The nfc East is still weak and in fact the entire nfc is still weak compared to the afc. So the division is winnable. Plus Jerry has always said that he strives to be relevant and make the tournament. Dak will be back, his contract is what it is and we are stuck with it thanks to salary cap boy and how he handled it. If you look most quarterback do not make it thru three coaching changes. A coaching change would mean dak would be on his third coach and the introduction to a new offense would like starting over again. So while a splash of new blood would have eased some souls I am in total support of the return of big Mike.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I support him over just making a change for changes sake especially if it wasn’t gonna be harbaugh or belichick- who I didn’t want but understood the allure.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
Sometimes I hate being right. A week or so ago I said here was no way Jerry fires a coach with 3 12-win seasons in a row. Well, it is done now so let's see how it turns out. Jerry is a pro football guy you know ha ha.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I support him in the sense that I feel like the offensive woes we saw on Sunday were more due to the QB than him.

Anyway, if this team was serious about winning, they’d hire Harbaugh and stay out of his way.

But they’re not.

bewp7

Reaction score
if u have the choice to keep a stupid coach who get out coached in the playoff every single year and who team was a total no show u gotta keep him

12 wins who cares

cowboys win in spite of this fat idiot coach

i feel like i am taking a crazy pill

his team quit and didnt even show up in the PLAYOFFS lol and people like o well he beat up crap teams in the regular season he is a good coach even thouh he NEVER out coachs any one and a 12 year old playing madden is better clock managment

what the heck is going on

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
they had little choice but to keep him, without MAJOR disruption.

so, I support it, for ONE MORE YEAR. and Mike knows he needs an NFC Championship Game appearance next year or he's gone.

So, next season, less pressure, Mike and Dak.
:laugh:

I hope McCarthy humbles himself and allows someone to come in to help him with game plans and such. He is not a Big Game coordinator in any way. ALWAYS outcoached.

Quinn? I never trusted his schemes and in-game adjustments, as this defense was basically only strong if the offense got a lead. Otherwise, they were perennially average, and in some cases, BELOW average when the pass rush was negated. So I do hope he gets another job, or is simply replaced. He's gotten the most out of what he can do, it's time to move on. Those schemes will never work consistently against the better teams who use lots of motion and pre-snap eye candy.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I can understand why Jerry is bringing him back. First they have won 12 games three years in a row and two division titles. Next The nfc East is still weak and in fact the entire nfc is still weak compared to the afc. So the division is winnable. Plus Jerry has always said that he strives to be relevant and make the tournament. Dak will be back, his contract is what it is and we are stuck with it thanks to salary cap boy and how he handled it. If you look most quarterback do not make it thru three coaching changes. A coaching change would mean dak would be on his third coach and the introduction to a new offense would like starting over again. So while a splash of new blood would have eased some souls I am in total support of the return of big Mike.
Totally understand the decision too. Jerry doesn't want to start over at 80 years old, when the Cowboys had one of the best winning percentages the last 3 years. Jerry hung onto to Garrett for a decade and was no where near as consistent as McCarthy in punching a ticket to the playoffs. I can't say I have the same level of total support you do, but I get the logic of the move, I accept it, but I'm skeptical of come playoff time if McCarthy can get over the hump.

We'll just all have to hope McCarthy has figured out how to get past the 49ers and Packers.

Mannix

Reaction score
See bold above...that should NOT trump the fact that we've led the NFL for two seasons in a row in penalties and we often look un-prepared and un-disciplined....ONE player showed up out of 53 Sunday....believe it or not, Gallup....the rest were AWOL....he feasts on bad teams and loses to the better ones. He was brought here to win a Super Bowl, and in four years, he has won ONE playoff game. HE conned Booger to get the job, and several Green Bay officials have spoken about his lazy habits while he was there.

RS12

Reaction score
The team laid down like dogs on Sunday. They obviously dont fear him or have an ounce of respect for him. But hey, lets run it back. What could go wrong?