The I support big Mike thread

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I can understand why Jerry is bringing him back. First they have won 12 games three years in a row and two division titles. Next The nfc East is still weak and in fact the entire nfc is still weak compared to the afc. So the division is winnable. Plus Jerry has always said that he strives to be relevant and make the tournament. Dak will be back, his contract is what it is and we are stuck with it thanks to salary cap boy and how he handled it. If you look most quarterback do not make it thru three coaching changes. A coaching change would mean dak would be on his third coach and the introduction to a new offense would like starting over again. So while a splash of new blood would have eased some souls I am in total support of the return of big Mike.
But in the biggest game of the year what magnificent coaching expertise did one Mike McCarthy display for the world to see? Where was his elevation of the team and where was his scheming to attack the weaknesses of his foe on that day? Why was his entire team not focused or ready to seize the moment? Jerry probably says I'm comfortable with the big fellow and he does keep us relevant. Cha Cing $$$$$!

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
MM is the right choice to try to win NEXT year. Harbaugh and Vrabel are choices for long term success but that will require an extensive rebuild.

kwcool619

Reaction score
if u have the choice to keep a stupid coach who get out coached in the playoff every single year and who team was a total no show u gotta keep him

12 wins who cares

cowboys win in spite of this fat idiot coach

i feel like i am taking a crazy pill

his team quit and didnt even show up in the PLAYOFFS lol and people like o well he beat up crap teams in the regular season he is a good coach even thouh he NEVER out coachs any one and a 12 year old playing madden is better clock managment

what the heck is going on
The ghost of Jason Garrett. What you described is exactly what us as fans put up with Garrett. Wonder if Big Mike will ice his kicker next season.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
How is the NFC East weak? Philly will fire their coach, have another great draft and hire proper DC/OC and right the ship, while we changing totally nothing about the makeup of this team. WFT will draft a franchise QB, hire a great coach and only get better. One can argue we will be the 3rd place team next year

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I can understand why Jerry is bringing him back. First they have won 12 games three years in a row and two division titles. Next The nfc East is still weak and in fact the entire nfc is still weak compared to the afc. So the division is winnable. Plus Jerry has always said that he strives to be relevant and make the tournament. Dak will be back, his contract is what it is and we are stuck with it thanks to salary cap boy and how he handled it. If you look most quarterback do not make it thru three coaching changes. A coaching change would mean dak would be on his third coach and the introduction to a new offense would like starting over again. So while a splash of new blood would have eased some souls I am in total support of the return of big Mike.
Losers wasteland!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
giphy.gif

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He's better than Garrett. That's all I got. These playoffs are never going to be set up for us to make a run like this ever again/ The NFC's going to get stronger. Philly isn't going to collapse like they did this year. If we can't make a run this year then when will we? We are in the same position we were in when Dave Campo was coach and that's nowhere. At least back then I had hope for an out. Not anymore. We're just satisfied being mediocre and before someone says we won 12 games, look at the teams we beat. How many truly good teams did we beat this year?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team laid down like dogs on Sunday. They obviously dont fear him or have an ounce of respect for him. But hey, lets run it back. What could go wrong?
That’s an insult to dogs. My dog may lay down , but she defends her territory with all the ferocity an 8 lb dog can muster.

kevm3

Reaction score
Sadly fans have settled for being regular season champs. What exactly is Mike going to do this year?