Twitter: The Josh Ball Era begins

Creeper

Reaction score
There is no chance he plays before the Cowboys clinch the division. More likely they put Tyron on IR for 3 games and Ball is another backup tackle in case of an injury.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Josh is very talented and could be the OLT of the future. He's what we have as backup OT right now. I hope they give him some snaps to start his acclimating to pro ball.
Better talent than Steele. Steele is just too stiff to ever play the Left. He can still get better, but he is ceiling is capped at "starting caliber" RT.

Ball has the talent and traits to potentially be a LT. Whether he can play up to his talent in the NFL remains to be seen. He still has to compete with Steele. While Steele has limitions, we already how much work he is willing to put in to improve

J-man

Reaction score
Giving Tyron these few games off wouldn't come as a surprise to me. Bringing Ball up would give us another back up option if someone gets hurt during this stretch. The team also needs to find out if there is anything there or not.
They know they will likely have to make a move at OT this offseason. Getting to see him practice or maybe even play in a game would be very beneficial for the people who will be making that decision.

TJ Vasher, I have no idea. He obviously isn't better than any of the front 3 and is probably only equal at best, to Wilson and Turner.