Twitter: The Josh Ball Era begins

fivetwos

Reaction score
- i don't see what we would gain by bringing Vasher off IR.
Why not just permanent IR him and re-start him again in the offseason/next camp ?

- Especially given the WR jam we currently have and Vasher has virtually zero NFL game experience and missed virtually all of the summer with an injury.
and he's not a proven special teamer like Malik Turner.

- And project Simi Fehoko is already occupying a 53 roster spot as the 6th WR.

And who are we gonna cut in favor of bringing both Ball and Vasher off IR ?
We are probably going to thin out along the OL, and definitely so at WR after this season.

They probably want to get them practicing and potentially dressing if we waive the white flag in game 17.

Itll definitely help assess whether they can eventually be counted on or not.

I do see your point and unfortunately an injury to another player will create that room.

terra

Reaction score
Josh Ball brings a lot of punch to the offensive line. He has the talent to really abuse some defensive linemen.
takes more than physical tools to do that. LA got embarrassed by Reggie White his rookie year (never again though)

Plankton

Reaction score
Josh Ball brings a lot of punch to the offensive line. He has the talent to really abuse some defensive linemen.

giphy.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is no chance he plays before the Cowboys clinch the division. More likely they put Tyron on IR for 3 games and Ball is another backup tackle in case of an injury.
Depends on how he looks in padded practices. Coaches aren't farting around this year. If they see someone they think is better, they'll play him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Also let's remember Ball was given a second round grade but fell to late in the 4th due to the off-field stuff I won't talk about. In a perfect world he's the left tackle of the future. First things first, let's see how he practices and maybe he gets activated over Ty Nsekhe as the swing tackle the last game or two.

links18

Reaction score
- i don't see what we would gain by bringing Vasher off IR.
Why not just permanent IR him and re-start him again in the offseason/next camp ?

- Especially given the WR jam we currently have and Vasher has virtually zero NFL game experience and missed virtually all of the summer with an injury.
and he's not a proven special teamer like Malik Turner.

- And project Simi Fehoko is already occupying a 53 roster spot as the 6th WR.

And who are we gonna cut in favor of bringing both Ball and Vasher off IR ?

They are activating him from NFI. In any event, he doesn't have to go on active roster right away.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Also let's remember Ball was given a second round grade but fell to late in the 4th due to the off-field stuff I won't talk about. In a perfect world he's the left tackle of the future. First things first, let's see how he practices and maybe he gets activated over Ty Nsekhe as the swing tackle the last game or two.

By whom?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
College my brother. I could be completely 100% wrong, hope I am but Ball is not a big dude. I’m not buying he’s moving people.

All IMO

He’s 6’7 310 pounds..

Also, my #1, 2, and 3 concern is how well can he protect the QBs blindside.

Anything to do with the run game is a bonus.

Hes a high upside 4th rounder. Whatever we get is good. I like the pick.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

I read after the draft that Ball's off-field transgressions cost him "two rounds" and that his film at Marshall suggested being picked much higher than the 138th pick. Of course, this could have been just typical hype from the Cowboys' PR department, but I distinctly remember hearing it.

CoachD

Reaction score
Ball could be that perfect participant in the Eagles game if the Cowboys don't have anything to play for.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Josh Ball will eventually be entering a new world in the NFL, where if he hits someone, he'll be hitting someone who can surely return the favor. He'll see another level of competition that he's never quite experienced before. I'm certain his new coaches will be sure to remind him of that. Hopefully, he'll take it seriously, without doubting that he's being told something that compels him to develop himself with purpose. He will be challenged. o_O

Last edited: