The key takeaways - Let Dak be Dak

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Cowboys QB Dak Prescott is now 10-2 when he’s rushed the ball at least five times in a game. He’s now 5-0 when rushing at least seven times. #CamNewtonOffensePlease

Don't forget -
Against the
#2 defense last season
#1 defense coming into tonight
With a win, Dak is 5-0 when rushing at least 7 times.
#LetDakBeDak

First time in stadium history we start 3-0 at home

Tidbits - Feed Zeke, Sign Beez, why the heck did we have Byron Jones at S for years?, thank you uncle Jerry for telling Stephen to stop babying Dak

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Him making plays with his feet seems to settle him down a bit.

I don't know if the coaches didn't allow him to do so prior to this game, or he just decided to be himself, but either way, this was better.

He still had some insanely bonehead plays that just randomly bounced right and turned possible game turning negatives into positives, but well, luck is part of the game.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

I don't know if the coaches didn't allow him to do so prior to this game, or he just decided to be himself, but either way, this was better.

He still had some insanely bonehead plays that just randomly bounced right and turned possible game turning negatives into positives, but well, luck is part of the game.
A few weeks ago it leaked that Jerry wanted to let Dak run after the Giants game and his performance in the game. Stephen was against it.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Cowboys QB Dak Prescott is now 10-2 when he’s rushed the ball at least five times in a game. He’s now 5-0 when rushing at least seven times. #CamNewtonOffensePlease

Don't forget -
Against the
#2 defense last season
#LetDakBeDak

Tidbits - Feed Zeke, Sign Beez, why the heck did we have Byron Jones at S for years?, thank you uncle Jerry for telling Stephen to stop babying Dak
TiQxEwo.gif

DandyDon52

Reaction score

they ran him in giants game and won, then stephen jones said he didnt want dak running, and they started losing, now he is running again.:huh:
I dont know if they keep it up, or if this is just for certain games lol or what.

one thing though jags are beat up and defense isnt as good as last year, and their offense is always bad.
but cowboys looked good today.

Now the wash game looks to be interesting, they beat carolina and have the div lead, so Cowboys need to beat them
next week. and it is a road game in wash.

if cowboys win they are 4-3 and in 1st place, lose and they are 3-4 and wash is 4-2

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

I don't want them blowing up Dak like RGIII, but the guy seems to be a better QB when he can take off more.

He's never going to be Romo. Let him be him I say. I'd prefer to know what Garrett and Linehan think than what Stephen thinks though. Stephen shouldn't really have any input, but yeah, we know the situation.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

I don't want them blowing up Dak like RGIII, but the guy seems to be a better QB when he can take off more.

He's never going to be Romo. Let him be him I say. I'd prefer to know what Garrett and Linehan think than what Stephen thinks though. Stephen shouldn't really have any input, but yeah, we know the situation.
The difference though is Dak is built like a tank while RG3 was a wisp. lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have to say this is what cowboys should have looked like the last 5 games, but it took this long to get to this point with our offense.
Also hats off to the defense they played a good game too.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I get the idea of protecting your qb. But if he’s not effective while he’s being protected there really isn’t a point. Plus, it’s not just about running the ball. It’s about getting out of the pocket and exstending the play and confusing defenses.

keysersoze

Reaction score

Don't forget -
Against the
#2 defense last season
#LetDakBeDak

:clap::clap::hammer:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I get the idea of protecting your qb. But if he’s not effective while he’s being protected there really isn’t a point. Plus, it’s not just about running the ball. It’s about getting out of the pocket and exstending the play and confusing defenses.
Precisely. He wins games when the leashes are off, he losses them when he's forced to pretend he's Peyton Manning in the pocket.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
It also takes some pressure off the rush to know he might be running.

Yep, there's a lot to that. They aren't going to over-commit when they know he can burn them with a run.

Anything that makes the pass rush back off is good. Dallas hasn't done enough of it up to now.