The lack of officiating consistency is maddening

TWOK11

Reaction score
If the Zeke "fumble" isn't inconclusive, what's the point of replay at all? That's the type of play it's designed to overturn.

If you're going to allow a corner to hold a receiver THE ENTIRE game and call 1-2 of them, why call any at all? And why the next game call 50+% of them? And why call it differently between the two teams?

If you're going to allow OL to fire off downfield immediately to block for their RB who is running an underneath zone route, why have an illegal man downfield rule at all? The Saints did this FIVE TIMES and it wasn't called once. It's an entirely pointless rule, much like the pick rule is for the Patriots.

Our offense didn't play well, but this kind of stuff just takes so much of the fun out of watching. Coaches can't even plan around it BECAUSE it's inconsistent.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The Zeke fumble call was a total joke.

I don't understand why they even have replay, 10 years later they still can't get routine calls correct.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
I cannot stand "NY". Seems like none of the calls that matter are made on the field.

I also really hate how tonight Offensive PI was called for pushing off when each time it was clear the DB was holding the jersey.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If the Zeke "fumble" isn't inconclusive, what's the point of replay at all? That's the type of play it's designed to overturn.

If you're going to allow a corner to hold a receiver THE ENTIRE game and call 1-2 of them, why call any at all? And why the next game call 50+% of them? And why call it differently between the two teams?

If you're going to allow OL to fire off downfield immediately to block for their RB who is running an underneath zone route, why have an illegal man downfield rule at all? The Saints did this FIVE TIMES and it wasn't called once. It's an entirely pointless rule, much like the pick rule is for the Patriots.

Our offense didn't play well, but this kind of stuff just takes so much of the fun out of watching. Coaches can't even plan around it BECAUSE it's inconsistent.

Zeke fumbled the ball.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm not one to blame the officials, but they were horrible tonight. That Zeke "fumble" was very clearly not a fumble.

ICP

Reaction score
Officiating/gameplay has become a joke in MLB and NFL as both are trying to tweak things too much

movaughn88

Reaction score
I cannot stand "NY". Seems like none of the calls that matter are made on the field.

I also really hate how tonight Offensive PI was called for pushing off when each time it was clear the DB was holding the jersey.

I think Cooper is supposed to run his routes with his hands in his pockets while the DB tears his jersey off his shoulder pads I guess.

No idea what those calls were. Sloppy terrible game and never gonna win on the road with two bad fumbles.

ryanbabs

Reaction score

I agree. That was definitely not a fumble.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
It's hard for me to point to bad officiating as a reason for losing, it's just the old school old man in me. Really.
That said, for all the focus & attention the NFL has displayed about it,
THE OFFICIATING IS WORSE THAN EVER, BY FAR!!
More games are now decided by it than I can recall.
And I don't know what can be done about it. It really makes watching much less enjoyable.

ultron

Reaction score
-The two offensive pass interference calls on Cooper
-The roughing the passer on DLaw
-Only running 2 seconds off the clock on a lob pass out of bounds before the half giving the Saints a free FG
-The Zeke "fumble" that wasn't overturned