The Lamb TD over the backup corner. a big (and welcome) difference between Big Mac and Moore

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one said "never." What I said was that they were poor at it. Which they were. Teams could trot you and me out there at corners and Moore would run the same plays. I saw it too many times to NOT notice it when I see the Cowboys actually attack a backup corner. However your assertion that Moore had "3 straight years of the #1 offense in the NFL." Sorry.. no he didn't.. He had it once.. in 2021.. They were #4 last year and #17 in 2020. Yes I know Dak missed 11 games in 2020.. but 2020 was really the first time I really noticed how bad he was at it. In the Thanksgiving Day game against Washington Cooper has just taking the corner (Ronald Darby?) to school.. I think he had like 100 yards and a TD in the first half. Instead of continuing to go after that matchup Moore outsmarted himself and started "spreading the ball around." Cooper had only 2 or 3 targets in the second half of that game and it steadily got away from us. After that game I really started to hone in on that aspect of Moore's playcalling and it dawned on me that we just never WENT AFTER matchups like we should have. Especially early in games. Moore was always out there "feeling the other team out" early in the game. Like he hadn't just spent 80 hours during the week watching the other team. I always maintained (and always will maintain) that we should go into every game knowing the opponents' weak points and the gameplan should be to attack those weak links for all they're worth until they can adjust.

Just for grins.. name me a time in Moore's 4 year stint as playcaller when a starting corner went out and the Cowboys immediately threw a deep ball for a TD against the backup.

I'll wait..
NO I agree that Moore was bad at that. But one play where MM did it? Cmon.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And Yet , HE'S OUR FOURTH LEADING RUSHER ALL -TIME !!!!!!!
He was good the first 4 years, thats about it. Grossly overpaid and he was given the lead RB role the last 3 years when he didnt deserve it. Should have been outta here after 4 years.

You like overpaying washed up players?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Moore's offenses scored against chumps. Then got neutered against good defenses. What we should be looking for isn't 30 ppg garnered off hanging 40 on bottom feeders and limping to 17 against better teams. What I want is an offense that can hang 40 on the chumps but also hang 24-28 on good defenses too. Maybe cut that swing down a little bit. Besides even without the defensive scores yesterday's game is 24-3. Not really whine-worthy.
and what do you call the starters getting 1 td vs the pats? Are they not chumps? This offense under Mike is scoring significantly less TD's than what they did under KM and so far they have faced 4 bad teams. Now if this offense can score some TD's vs SF next week then come out and say they are different but untill they score vs a good team they are worse than before.