Twitter: The Last 22 Games. Ouch

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oh the company we’ve been keeping...The last 22 games...ouch. I know there’s been a lot of talk around here about this team having a solid roster if not for the injuries. I wish I could believe that. But the evidence is pretty clear this team’s roster has been overrated for two years.

Turnarounds can happen quickly in the NFL. But we can no longer assume this is a talented roster that just hit a stretch of bad luck. This 7 wins in the last 22 games covers parts of two seasons and two different head coaches. And the same owner and GM.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know there’s been a lot of talk around here about this team having a solid roster
The Cowboys were a popular pick in the media before the season started. They do have a much more talented roster than the record shows. Clearly not having any kind of off season has hurt the Cowboys and injuries level the playing field especially injuries at the QB spot.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys were a popular pick in the media before the season started. They do have a much more talented roster than the record shows. Clearly not having any kind of off season has hurt the Cowboys and injuries level the playing field especially injuries at the QB spot.
Hey I get it. I picked these guys to go 10-6 and win the East. So it can’t be that this team was overrated? We ended the season 5-8 last year after that 3-0 start. Without a ton of injuries.

All I’m saying is I hope this FO stops drinking the Koolaide long enough to effectively evaluate this team and it’s needs. When I look at the 78 year old calling the shots with his sycophant sidekick son riding shotgun, I don’t gain confidence.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Oh the company we’ve been keeping...The last 22 games...ouch. I know there’s been a lot of talk around here about this team having a solid roster if not for the injuries. I wish I could believe that. But the evidence is pretty clear this team’s roster has been overrated for two years.

Turnarounds can happen quickly in the NFL. But we can no longer assume this is a talented roster that just hit a stretch of bad luck. This 7 wins in the last 22 games covers parts of two seasons and two different head coaches. And the same owner and GM.

Secret sauce

fivetwos

Reaction score
They are clearly talented.

Only supports this franchises ability to do less with more than anyone.

Its terrible that no other team had to deal with injuries or no offseason, but......yep.

One thing thats consistent as far as Jerry's kids.....plenty of talent, and plenty of excuses as to why it never works.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are clearly talented.

Only supports this franchises ability to do less with more than anyone.

Its terrible that no other team had to deal with injuries or no offseason, but......yep.

One thing thats consistent as far as Jerry's kids.....plenty of talent, and plenty of excuses as to why it never works.
Last year’s Steelers lost Big Ben and 5 other starters early in the season. After Big Ben’s injury they were 0-2, but somehow with their backup and 3rd string QB, they went 8-6 the rest of the way. Why? They have a deeper roster, and a commitment not to make excuses.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How could this be???
With these top notch players a top 5 Franchise QB leading us along with a top ten defense for the most part and this is their claim to fame?
And some here want to give another over-rated bum going by the name of Prescott a mega-deal to match Zeke and D-law, Coop in ineptness!
GUT IT OUT their losers and will continue to be so!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How could this be???
With these top notch players a top 5 Franchise QB leading us along with a top ten defense for the most part and this is their claim to fame?
And some here want to give another over-rated bum going by the name of Prescott a mega-deal to match Zeke and D-law, Coop in ineptness!
GUT IT OUT their losers and will continue to be so!!!
That’s the first time I’ve heard you say you don’t like Dak...lol.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Who was the starting QB for all but 4 of the last 22 games? Food for thought, especially for those who still think Dak should be the highest paid player in NFL history.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All teams had the same limited offseason. The team was 8-8 last year with a healthy Dak and 1-3 this year. In Parcels terms, we are what our record says we are...... .500 with Dak and much worse without him. What that should tell you is that this team isn't as talented as you think it is. WR is the only spot on the team you can point to and say "we are better than most teams at this area."

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

But all we need to do is lose our next 7 games and we'll be in the Super Bowl in 2 years. :muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why pick 22 games?
You don't like the last 22 games how about the last 3.5 seasons.
Their record is 27-28 with 11 of those wins being against the doggy Giants and D.C.
LOSERS,OVERRATED,OVERPAID,bums.....

blueblood70

Reaction score

its different roster than last year and an entire new coaching staff..you dont go back 22 games, you have 9 to judge but get an Incomplete due tio injury devastasion....

you have to use this season and the injuries were the #1 reason are season was total loss. Sorry its Fact..

the roster will also not be the same next year changes to the defense will be apparent and the offense will be fine..the new staff doesnt have to carry the stink of the old one.we saw how 2019 ended the last 8 games in particular and its why garret was fired..

the new staff gets to have little leeway to get look at what they have and then assemble a better roster..they had one shortened off season and a season in which the injurys list is HISTORIC..

i believe it will be a lot better next year barring another run of injuries' to this extreme..

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
WOOF WOOF.....We do well against doggy teams for sure for sure!!!

Hell yeah! They always do great against those crappy teams like the Jets. Oh wait.......

Sun, Oct 13, 2019
New York
Loss 24-22

Speaking of the Jets, they are 7-18 in their last 25 games with one of those wins against Dak and the Dallas Cowboys. Dak also had a totally healthy offensive unit for that game, so what the hell happened?

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Hey I get it. I picked these guys to go 10-6 and win the East. So it can’t be that this team was overrated? We ended the season 5-8 last year after that 3-0 start. Without a ton of injuries.

All I’m saying is I hope this FO stops drinking the Koolaide long enough to effectively evaluate this team and it’s needs. When I look at the 78 year old calling the shots with his sycophant sidekick son riding shotgun, I don’t gain confidence.
Go back one year ago - Cowboys were in 1st place with a 6-4 record;' then they
went 2-4 down the stretch. The team was regressing from the squad that made a divisional round appearance during the 2018 season. The injuries at the start of 2020 just accelerated the slide.