Twitter: The Last 22 Games. Ouch

MikeB80

Reaction score
The organization is begging to be torn down and rebuilt and this front office is just going to give it another go next year with the same group and probably a few draft picks that might help.

Cant wait to see how different it is next year.

I got killed on here for saying this was a 7-9 team in the summer.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All teams had the same limited offseason. The team was 8-8 last year with a healthy Dak and 1-3 this year. In Parcels terms, we are what our record says we are...... .500 with Dak and much worse without him. What that should tell you is that this team isn't as talented as you think it is. WR is the only spot on the team you can point to and say "we are better than most teams at this area."
This is the cold truth. But Coffee doesn’t taste as good as blue kool aid. If you take off the fan glasses, this is not a top tier roster, even when fully healthy.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Oh the company we’ve been keeping...The last 22 games...ouch. I know there’s been a lot of talk around here about this team having a solid roster if not for the injuries. I wish I could believe that. But the evidence is pretty clear this team’s roster has been overrated for two years.

Turnarounds can happen quickly in the NFL. But we can no longer assume this is a talented roster that just hit a stretch of bad luck. This 7 wins in the last 22 games covers parts of two seasons and two different head coaches. And the same owner and GM.

Typical Jerry Jones roster with a sprinkling of uber-stars (cap wise), lack of balance and quality depth, incapable of of playing complimentary football. Ignored the middle of the defense for years and abandoned special teams. Can't put a good team together when the GM is busy with other business development projects, brand marketing and philanthropic pursuits.

Aven8

Reaction score
It takes awhile to get rid of 10 years of filth.....

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Typical Jerry Jones roster with a sprinkling of uber-stars (cap wise), lack of balance and quality depth, incapable of of playing complimentary football. Ignored the middle of the defense for years and abandoned special teams. Can't put a good team together when the GM is busy with other business development projects, brand marketing and philanthropic pursuits.
Is there another GM in professional sports who has time to promote the latest concert, boxing match, rodeo, or tractor pull at the Stayjum?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
All teams had the same limited offseason. The team was 8-8 last year with a healthy Dak and 1-3 this year. In Parcels terms, we are what our record says we are...... .500 with Dak and much worse without him. What that should tell you is that this team isn't as talented as you think it is. WR is the only spot on the team you can point to and say "we are better than most teams at this area."
All teams didn't install a new coach.

Dallas is better than most teams at:

WR
QB
T
G
DE

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The organization is begging to be torn down and rebuilt and this front office is just going to give it another go next year with the same group and probably a few draft picks that might help.

Cant wait to see how different it is next year.

I got killed on here for saying this was a 7-9 team in the summer.

Being torn down only works if you do something different, if they tear it down they'll just rebuild it the same way it was done before.

You know, the definition of insanity...

:thumbup:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jags and Jets at least have an excuse as they've been sending pro bowl players to other teams. They've embraced the idea of rebuilding whereas the Cowboys always think more of their talent because they picked it.

The ranking of talent by the fans of this team is so prejudiced by their fanhood, they can't even look at the team properly. Talent is about what's missing, not what's there.

They had a top 3 OL until they had to replace some pieces and never even recovered from letting Leary walk. Big Smitty is on the downhill slide, the LG and C positions are questionable and Collins must return 100% for this OL to even be considered in the top 16.

The middle of the DL has been the weak part of the run D, the LB's struggle to stay at 100% and that secondary is far from talented. The best player is the rookie CB and they need both S positions and another CB or 3. They might, MIGHT, have a solid group at DE going forward. But that's it, needs all around at the other D positions.

You cannot use the word "talent" to describe a team that has been this woeful on the D side. The picks and $ go to the O side disproportionately and this team had the #2 passing offense in 2019 and picked a WR with the 1st pick. Was he the BPA? Yes but 8-8 teams with crappy D's can't take the BPA. They lost to good teams in 2019 because they couldn't stop them. Show me the talent infusion that fixed that.

I wanted Garrett gone but I never bought into he was the reason the team was mediocre. This team has been overvalued in the talent department for too long. All we need to see is how the team, performs when the QB1 goes down. Is this year any different than 2015?

There are fans just like the Joneses, all that player need do to increase his talent level is put a star on his helmet. And that's fine, we're fans but fanhood should be left at the door when evaluating talent.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being torn down only works if you do something different, if they tear it down they'll just rebuild it the same way it was done before.

You know, the definition of insanity...

:thumbup:
Amen, doesn't do any good to bring in a whole new construction crew with the same architect. If that's what we can even call this brain trust.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
You don't like the last 22 games how about the last 3.5 seasons.
Their record is 27-28 with 11 of those wins being against the doggy Giants and D.C.
LOSERS,OVERRATED,OVERPAID,bums.....

Much better so we've been pretty mediocre.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jags and Jets at least have an excuse as they've been sending pro bowl players to other teams. They've embraced the idea of rebuilding whereas the Cowboys always think more of their talent because they picked it.

The ranking of talent by the fans of this team is so prejudiced by their fanhood, they can't even look at the team properly. Talent is about what's missing, not what's there.

They had a top 3 OL until they had to replace some pieces and never even recovered from letting Leary walk. Big Smitty is on the downhill slide, the LG and C positions are questionable and Collins must return 100% for this OL to even be considered in the top 16.

The middle of the DL has been the weak part of the run D, the LB's struggle to stay at 100% and that secondary is far from talented. The best player is the rookie CB and they need both S positions and another CB or 3. They might, MIGHT, have a solid group at DE going forward. But that's it, needs all around at the other D positions.

You cannot use the word "talent" to describe a team that has been this woeful on the D side. The picks and $ go to the O side disproportionately and this team had the #2 passing offense in 2019 and picked a WR with the 1st pick. Was he the BPA? Yes but 8-8 teams with crappy D's can't take the BPA. They lost to good teams in 2019 because they couldn't stop them. Show me the talent infusion that fixed that.

I wanted Garrett gone but I never bought into he was the reason the team was mediocre. This team has been overvalued in the talent department for too long. All we need to see is how the team, performs when the QB1 goes down. Is this year any different than 2015?

There are fans just like the Joneses, all that player need do to increase his talent level is put a star on his helmet. And that's fine, we're fans but fanhood should be left at the door when evaluating talent.
Boom. Coach dealing some truth up in here.

I think our fan base is so used to the weekly BS parade coming from Jerry and sidekick son, some of the Jones’ frequent sales lines become the gospel around here. When SJ says, “we like our guys”, or makes some statement about drafting direction for next year, I try to imagine anyone associated with the organizations that consistently win in this league (like the Steelers or ravens) who would go on a weekly radio show and spew the kind of utter nonsense the Jones boys throw down.

And it’s not that we have to call out their BS. It’s even simpler than that. Just look at the results they’ve been getting with no added excuses or embellishments. They suck. Period.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oh the company we’ve been keeping...The last 22 games...ouch. I know there’s been a lot of talk around here about this team having a solid roster if not for the injuries. I wish I could believe that. But the evidence is pretty clear this team’s roster has been overrated for two years.

Turnarounds can happen quickly in the NFL. But we can no longer assume this is a talented roster that just hit a stretch of bad luck. This 7 wins in the last 22 games covers parts of two seasons and two different head coaches. And the same owner and GM.

I was with you until you questioned our talent.

You'll die out there on that limb alone.

jsb357

Reaction score
Jags played in a Conference title game a few years back