The last FG

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I would think our coaching staff knows much more than myself about football. Can someone explain why in the hell we kicked for a FG to make the game a 4 point deficit? Most stupid call I have seen all year.

Patriots didnt had a long drive the whole game. They were playing against the wind.

I disagree with aikman on this one. We had 3 TOs. I have np with handing the game to our defense.

You can get the ball back with decent field position and can end the game with a td. 4-7 is a long try.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I would think our coaching staff knows much more than myself about football. Can someone explain why in the hell we kicked for a FG to make the game a 4 point deficit? Most stupid call I have seen all year.

Easy they botched the play calling so bad on first and second down that they ended up with a long 4th down.

Dre11

Reaction score

So did you rather come away with no points?
Or do you rely on you're defense to get s stop(They did) now you go win with 7 end the game vs. going down and tying and going into OT.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Probably because we thought we would get the ball back to score a TD. But I agree with Troy.

I'm sure that's what they thought. The question is why? This was the deepest penetration they had all game and there were 6 minutes left on the clock.

The play selection was stupid, too.

First down: option run for 3 yards
Second down: pass into the end zone
Third down: pass into the end zone.

It wasn't 2nd and goal. It was 2nd and seven.

loublue22

Reaction score
because we ran a trick play on 1st down then went empty backfield on 2nd and 3rd down when everyone in the world could see this should be 4 down territory

Dre11

Reaction score
But why not tie the game in lieu of make it a 2 possession game?

Because it wasn't likely we would tie it. 4th and 7. When we had been terrible on 3rd downs. You put yourself in position to win in regulation by making it a 4 point game

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I'm sure that's what they thought. The question is why? This was the deepest penetration they had all game and there were 6 minutes left on the clock.

The play selection was stupid, too.

First down: option run for 3 yards
Second down: pass into the end zone
Third down: pass into the end zone.

It wasn't 2nd and goal. It was 2nd and seven.
Because Garrett is too conservative is the only answer I can come up with. As we have seen, he plays not to lose...not to win.

JMPearson

Reaction score
4th and 7 is not a good down and distance to convert.

If you wanna be pissed, question the 2nd and 3rd down play calls. They were much worse
Well this as well if they ran the ball twice with Zeke and a FB I think it is at least 4th and short