The LBs so far

Jarntt

Reaction score
When Jaylon plays well this season it will be fun watching the backtracking.
giphy.gif

While I don't see any way that happens based on the player he appears to be, I would love it if he had a good year.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm not sure a couple practices matter or exactly who is in the starting 11 right now, but all I read was that Parsons is getting more snaps than anyone because he is being used in so many different spots and being pulled from the LB group to the pass rush group and getting run in all different packages. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't run out of the tunnel with the starters week 1. But, I still don't know exactly what Quinn is planning for these guys. I've said from draft day that Parsons is going to be doing a ton of rushing as an edge guy, so I'm sure he'll get his game day snaps regardless of what alignment we are in.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Early reports from what I've heard from local reports...

Vander Each his playing fast and downhill and looks great.

Parsons looks a bit lost at times but extremely fast and athletic and coming along well.

Jaylon looks the same and will be gone in the spring.

Cox needs to catch up fast because Neal looks terrible in coverage and is getting beat by everyone.

where did u hear that parsons looks lost at times?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The ideal scenario is for Parsons and Cox to step it up and acquire valuable game time experience this season to make both LVE & J. Smith expendable. Seeing as how LVE's 5th year option was not picked up, I do not see him coming back to Dallas after this season and Smith's contract is such that his $6.8M in dead money would make trading/releasing him easier seeing as how his cap hit would equate to a $5M savings for Dallas.

Neal and Kazee only signed a 1-year deals so they probably will not be back.

Big D

Reaction score
He’ll play better cause he can’t play worse, but he’s done after this year. As far as I’m concerned his departure and replacement can’t come soon enough.
I think the subpar play of our interior defensive line is more responsible for the historically bad defense than Jaylon. If I'm right, and gallimore &co actually step it up, you'll see more from Jaylon, lve,and the entire defense.

erod

Reaction score
I think the subpar play of our interior defensive line is more responsible for the historically bad defense than Jaylon. If I'm right, and gallimore &co actually step it up, you'll see more from Jaylon, lve,and the entire defense.
Jaylon routinely overruns gaps or gets caught attacking the wrong gap. Backs can literally fake him into the wrong gap on a regular basis.

He's just a bad NFL player.

Big D

Reaction score
Jaylon routinely overruns gaps or gets caught attacking the wrong gap. Backs can literally fake him into the wrong gap on a regular basis.

Both he and LVE tend to play over aggressive. For example, go back and watch the rams game and you'll Sean McVay running screens, double screens, and lots of misdirection to capitalize on the LBs over aggressive nature. It obvious to me sitting on my couch but it takes our coaches on the field forever to notice and react.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jaylon is damaged goods. It has little to do with last years defense. The blocking dummies are beating him up for cripe sakes.

Big D

Reaction score
Jaylon is damaged goods. It has little to do with last years defense. The blocking dummies are beating him up for cripe sakes.
He was that before we drafted him. We know that. We'll see how much the dummy drill mishap is an actual indicator of game performance soon enough.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The ideal scenario is for Parsons and Cox to step it up and acquire valuable game time experience this season to make both LVE & J. Smith expendable. Seeing as how LVE's 5th year option was not picked up, I do not see him coming back to Dallas after this season and Smith's contract is such that his $6.8M in dead money would make trading/releasing him easier seeing as how his cap hit would equate to a $5M savings for Dallas.

Neal and Kazee only signed a 1-year deals so they probably will not be back.

LVE has a Pro Bowl.

Its cheaper for Dallas to sign him to a long term deal. It will happen.

unless there is a drop in production, or a freak injury, they are not going to let their 2 Pro Bowl LBs walk.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

yet he always leads the team in tackles…

wierd…

Techsass

Reaction score

McKDaddy

Reaction score
https://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/index.php/home/stats/stats-explained/tackle-factor

"Middle and inside linebackers will naturally have the most tackles by virtue of their role and where they are at the snap. If you scan down the list of the season leaders in tackles, you're likely to see a simple list of each team's central linebacker, assuming he was healthy most of the year."

stats needing context to be interpreted correctly. if only we could get the masses to understand that.