The List of Errors that cost us the game....

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1901112 said:
-cutting Aaron Glenn.

this game more than any other proved that was mistake, Glenn made plays, that was a stupid move.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
I wish that I had the patience to make a list of NON-CALLS on the Giants. That would be nice.....

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
You know Reeves isn't an NFL corner, or at least a good NFL corner, but watchcing the Jags last night I didn't see Aaron Glenn at all. And there secondary isn't any better than our. Maybe I just missed him, but regardless, we need to address the secondary in the draft. Another corner and a cover safety. I know Hamlin made the Pro Bowl, but he's a strong safety imo, and I don't feel comforatble matching him up one on one with receivers like a true free saftey does. If they re-sign Hamlin, get a cover saftey early and move him to SS and move Roy Williams out of here. I could care less about the cap hit.

Reaction score
Penalties:

Cowboys 11
Giants 3

in the first half I think it was 8:1

ridiculous for the home team to get screwed like that. I'd say at least half of the Cowboys penalties were ticky-tack or flat out BS.

Sure, they played poorly but they STILL had a chance to win the game and the added obstacle of the officiating is flat out wrong.

noletime95

Reaction score
EGG;1901179 said:
Penalties:

Cowboys 11
Giants 3

in the first half I think it was 8:1

ridiculous for the home team to get screwed like that. I'd say at least half of the Cowboys penalties were ticky-tack or flat out BS.

Sure, they played poorly but they STILL had a chance to win the game and the added obstacle of the officiating is flat out wrong.

There may have been some missed calls both ways.....but Dallas made its own bed....the penalties were, for the most part, blatant and obvious.....I can tell you there were several times that Gurode caused the OL to be offsides and it wasn't called. Also, Witten jumped offsides on a long Barber run and it wasn't call either.....Dallas just played bad football today, don't blame the refs...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
noletime95;1900918 said:
It's a long one and I'm sure I'll miss a few, so please feel free to add on.

-offisides on Ware when Dallas stopped the gints on the first drive.
-2-3 missed tackles on what should have been a 12 yard completion that turned into a Toomer 52 yard TD (Ellis and Henry....***?)
-The entire 70+ yard TD drive that took less than 40 seconds, including a 15 yard penalty on Reeves. I could see a FG here, but a TD? Seriously?
-Droped lst down (maybe a TD) by Fasano.
-misfire by Romo to TO...these two plays cost us 4 pts..
-L. Davis brain freeze, hitting Strahan late (I believe Dallas wins w/out this penalty-Romo hit Witten for a lst down on this play).
-same series, the Crayton drop.....gotta be kiddin me Patrick....40 yards at least....Didn't Crayton have another drop also???
-Three bad Romo plays, two out of the pocket when he took sacks and one in the pocket when he threw for intentional grounding.
-Key false starts by both Flo and Columbo at crucial times.
-lining up with 6 on the LOS that killed a 4th quarter drive (Romo threw for a lst on this play).
-Crayton stopping on his route...he keeps running its Dallas wins....
-Romo ignoring single coverage on the last play.....but I guess I can't blame him, it was on Crayton........

1. Ware was not offsides and that was 3rd down....and the pass was incomplete, so the Giants would have had to punt. Also, after the bogus offsides call, manning did not get that first down, he was a half yard short. The refs gave him a generous spot. IMO, the Giants go for it anyway, but that isn't the point. The generous spot gave the Giants a first down and they scored right after on that Toomer completion. So, 2 errors by the officials assisted in keeping the Giants opening drive alive, allowing them to score a TD.

2. Not throwing more to Owens and Witten.....both should have been thrown to at least 8-10 times today

3. Fasano and his dropped TD.

Take away the TD that the refs gave the Giants on that first drive and add the TD that Fasano dropped (instead of settling for the FG) and we win by 7.

proline

Reaction score
noletime95;1900918 said:

It's hard to tell from the broadcast, but it sounded like our fans were just as loud when we were on offense as when we were on defense. That sure can't help things, and it's just plain stupid on the fans' part.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
proline;1901473 said:
It's hard to tell from the broadcast, but it sounded like our fans were just as loud when we were on offense as when we were on defense. That sure can't help things, and it's just plain stupid on the fans' part.

definitely not as intelligent as Indy fans

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
noletime95;1900918 said:
It's a long one and I'm sure I'll miss a few, so please feel free to add on.

-offisides on Ware when Dallas stopped the gints on the first drive.
-2-3 missed tackles on what should have been a 12 yard completion that turned into a Toomer 52 yard TD (Ellis and Henry....***?)
-The entire 70+ yard TD drive that took less than 40 seconds, including a 15 yard penalty on Reeves. I could see a FG here, but a TD? Seriously?
-Droped lst down (maybe a TD) by Fasano.
-misfire by Romo to TO...these two plays cost us 4 pts..
-L. Davis brain freeze, hitting Strahan late (I believe Dallas wins w/out this penalty-Romo hit Witten for a lst down on this play).
-same series, the Crayton drop.....gotta be kiddin me Patrick....40 yards at least....Didn't Crayton have another drop also???
-Three bad Romo plays, two out of the pocket when he took sacks and one in the pocket when he threw for intentional grounding.
-lining up with 6 on the LOS that killed a 4th quarter drive (Romo threw for a lst on this play).
-Crayton stopping on his route...he keeps running its Dallas wins....
-Romo ignoring single coverage on the last play.....but I guess I can't blame him, it was on Crayton........
Agree w/ all of this. But your list points to problems Dallas has had all year:

*(stupid) Penalties
*Bad tackling
*Dropped passes
(also)
*Poor kick coverage
*Abandoning the run game/becoming one-dimensional
*Below Avg pass coverage
*Poor play by Crayton/Hurd/Austin

That last point is something I've b****ed about all year. Dallas' 2ndary receivers (Crayton, Hurd, Austin) had to show up , get themselves open and make plays when the ball came to them. they completely failed in this game. The only time we heard Hurd's name was for a penalty on special teams. Austin returned kicks... Crayton...is overrated and overpaid.

...don't even get me started on Roy ...haha jk :p