U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BwoBQs7IUAEDpua.png

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No one cared back then. I sure didn't.

The film received mostly negative critical reviews upon its original release; it currently holds a 27% "rotten" rating at Rotten Tomatoes.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow...guy that played Stymie still looks pretty close to his original picture.

Kid that played spanky would look the same with hair and no beard.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually we took my then young daughter to see that at the drive-in... double feature playing, this movie and the "Dennis the Menace" remake.

The DtM movie was better.

I still pull out an original "Our Gang" DVD and will watch one of their shorts on occasion. Some are still very funny especially the early Spanky shorts.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually we took my then young daughter to see that at the drive-in... double feature playing, this movie and the "Dennis the Menace" remake.

The DtM movie was better.

I still pull out an original "Our Gang" DVD and will watch one of their shorts on occasion. Some are still very funny especially the early Spanky shorts.

Yes the movie was not great by any stretch, nor the DTM one. But the original our gangs and little rascals are still pretty funny. Never really cared for the original dennis the menace show.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes the movie was not great by any stretch, nor the DTM one. But the original our gangs and little rascals are still pretty funny. Never really cared for the original dennis the menace show.

If you ever get the chance watch the pilot episode for the original "Dennis" shot. That's pretty good.

The problem was that the folks that headed the show thought that Dennis was too much of a hellyun and they throttled him back. After that the best part of the show was Dennis' interaction with the first Mr. Wilson, who unfortunately passed away after a couple seasons.

Watched a funny "Our Gang" short the other day... Spanky and Scotty (I always thought they were a better comedic pair than Spanky and Alfalfa) followed the older kids as they went camping. Great back & forth dialog.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Worst case scenario - that was cute

Best case scenario - pretty cool to be able to do that... Then and now.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
As long as nobody tries to remake any of my beloved Marx Bro's flicks- I'm a happy man.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have some DVDS of Our Gang and Shirley Temple. I try to make sure my great nieces and nephews experience the great things I grew up with. Even though they were even before my time, every generation should get to experience Our Gang/Little Rascals and Shirley Temple.