Recap: The Locker Room

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Well, I didn't sleep much last night. :flagwave:

I got 2 hours. I'm not gonna let some of these people spoil this dominating performance. This is not your momma's Cowboys. It took Jeezy 3 years to begin to turn this team around. I see a change. Wanna talk perspective .... anyone with a rationale mind knows that this team has a history of being 50/50; knows that this team is the 3rd youngest in the league; knows that this is just game 4; knows that we can't get a pass rush to save our souls; know that we can't stop a pass if we put 5 extra (including the 11) DB's on the field. So what? If they want to beat the Cowboys down when they play well, go work for ESPN because they can't wait for them to fail. I'm enjoying success when we have it because it's been a long time coming.:flagwave:

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
What else was said?

I've been looking for videos. Can really tell these guys like playing for one another. This is a tight knit group that has been through the ringer and had more criticism than any other team in the league. Love seeing candid moments like that.

Wilcox said "we've got to get the respect from the other teams in the league. We know we were the worst defense in the league last year. We're gonna do our talking with our pads .... (that is a quote from RoMc from training camp).

So for all those wet blankets who said don't read your news clippings, these guys have better sense than you.

honyock

Reaction score
105.3 was talking about the atmosphere in the locker room: RoMc was in charge of music and everyone was jamming. Even Jerry was liked it. Jerry said we are a long way from NO. The media had to go over and negotiate with him to turn it down. He turned it down a little and they negotiated further. OScan was holding court. They said it was evident he was the leader of the 2ndry. Gives a new perspective the whole ordeal with him coming out about starting when he came back and the Claiborne thing. He was saying "I almost had 2 ... the players echoed it ... and then OScan said ... but I looked good though".

Dez told the story about a NO fans who heckled him at dinner last night but he kept his cool and he couldn't wait to get on Twitter and talk about it. Hope she was watching .... said I know she was watching ... said who dat ... we dat. Classic. Said what made it so sweet is that he was able to put the dagger in.

Thanks for posting, that's great stuff. I know there has been talk about O-Scan being edgy and not popular with some of the local media. But I'll take that all day long from him, it sounds like he's emerged as the veteran leader of the secondary.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, that's great stuff. I know there has been talk about O-Scan being edgy and not popular with some of the local media. But I'll take that all day long from him, it sounds like he's emerged as the veteran leader of the secondary.

OScan is a Type-A personality. I was surprised but not surprised that he was holding court in the locker room. The radio guys were amazed by it all. The guy on 105.3 who was reporting it said he doesn't like to interview OScan because he's (I forgot the word he used) but in essence he meant intimidating but in a good way. He said the interviews are always good and the conversations are intelligent but the radio guy says OScan makes him nervous. He said what he saw in the locker room was that wherever OScan goes these guys will follow.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Thought the commentary on OScan giving credit to Ryan for being in the league was pretty interesting, something along the lines, that if it were not for Ryan not sure he would have gotten a shot.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see it more about them getting validation that they can play well against a great QB. It gives them confidence moving forward.

They've been the underdog for 20 years. It hasn't done them any good. I saw something last night I haven't seen in a while. Being the underdog just means you ain't doing it yet. I want us to start doing it. Besides the Cowboys aren't treated like underdogs by any opponent. We get treated like champs. Let's stop playing like chumps.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I don't think these guys are taking anything for granted with all the crap they've trudged through the past couple years.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I got 2 hours. I'm not gonna let some of these people spoil this dominating performance. This is not your momma's Cowboys. It took Jeezy 3 years to begin to turn this team around. I see a change. Wanna talk perspective .... anyone with a rationale mind knows that this team has a history of being 50/50; knows that this team is the 3rd youngest in the league; knows that this is just game 4; knows that we can't get a pass rush to save our souls; know that we can't stop a pass if we put 5 extra (including the 11) DB's on the field. So what? If they want to beat the Cowboys down when they play well, go work for ESPN because they can't wait for them to fail. I'm enjoying success when we have it because it's been a long time coming.:flagwave:

I slept very little. In a blink of an eye, my alarm went off to call in sick lol.

Venger

Reaction score
Perspective.....it's one game. Lose to the Texans and it's a wash.

NEGATIVE. It's a quality national TV win showcasing an offense that is clicking on all cylinders and a defense that is scrapping. Romo looks to be getting back to form, the offensive line is dominating, Murray is leading the NFL in rushing, and the defense is making plays and getting takeaways with hard hits and ball hawking.

You aren't gonna rain on this parade, no way mister...

sbark

Reaction score
Actually-- I think this team has the personality where they will feed off how good this feels. They are lean, hungry, and scrappy on D-- and they have developed into a flat out nasty OL and running attack, along with serious talent in the passing game.

STs is solid overall as well. Dare I say-- we are on the verge of fielding the most complete team since 2007.

Ya think your right, they've been blasted by media, papers, fans for so long, you just have to let them have the reigns for a bit to improve their karma.......its a long season, gotta pick your spots to keep the mental side high.