The Lombardi Code ...(inspired by the DiVinci Code)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Training Camp just broke, everyone is headed toward the lockerroom, tired, sore, and beaten up. Traditionally, the coach is the last one off the field. As the coach passes the bleachers, he sees a figure of a man in the shadows, under the seats , dressed in a trench coat, wearing a stetson hat -- he hears a voice whispering ...psst, coach! "I've got what you need," but it'll cost you plenty ...as he pulls out an extensive list of free agents that are still available. I've got everything from QBs to OTs. Pick your poison ...and name your NFCE coach ...

(1 Year ...nickel contracts available)

QBs

Kerry Collins (Parcells)
Jay Fiedler (Gibbs)
Tommy Maddox

RBs

Jonathan Wells
Stephen Davis (Reid)

FBs

Daimon Shelton
Moran Norris

WRs

Kevin Johnson
Az-Zahir Hakim
Johnnie Morton
David Boston (Reid)
Ricky Proehl

TEs

Boo Williams
Lamont Hall
Cam Cleeland

Guards

Ron Stone
Kendyl Jacox
Victor Riley (OT)
Tom Nutten

OTs

Brad Hopkins (LT) (Parcells)
Orlando Brown (RT) (Parcells)

C

Jeff Mitchell
Cory Raymer

K

Todd Peterson
Paul Edinger

What's in your wallet (lockerroom);) ?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
There is a ZERO percent chance that the Commanders would bring in Jay Fielder unless 2 of the QBs currently on the roster went down in camp.

Marc Brunell
Jason Campbell
Todd Collins
Casey Bramlet

And why would the Eagles add yet ANOTHER injury prone RB and WR to their team ? Seems very unlikely.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
And why would the Eagles add yet ANOTHER injury prone RB and WR to their team ? Seems very unlikely.

Never mentioned anything about a RB to the Eagles. And about David Boston ... At one point in his career, he was seen as one of the rising stars at the position but off the field issues, injuries, and weight problems curtailed his progress. He doesn't turn 28 until training camps start so he still could have something left in the tank. He'll probably end up going to the Buccaneers ...I've heard they worked him out earlier this week.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I must be seeing things. I coulda swore I saw the name Reid next to the name Davis on your list.

Tobal

Reaction score
Davis would eb a great pickup for the Eagles, not sure I'd like to see that.... He's past his prime but he could come in a few sereis a game on 1st and 2nd down.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I must be seeing things. I coulda swore I saw the name Reid next to the name Davis on your list.

I apologize ...I did indicate that Stephen Davis would fit the Eagles roster (it is me who is ...not seeing things):eek::

Here"s why...Stephen Davis - His agent told scout.com before April's draft that Davis is fully recovered from his knee problems from last season but Davis hasn't decided yet if he still wants to play. Davis could handle a short-yardage role for a team but that's about all his knees can handle at this point of his career.

Bottom Line ...I'd take him over Buckhalter.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Tobal said:
Davis would eb a great pickup for the Eagles, not sure I'd like to see that.... He's past his prime but he could come in a few sereis a game on 1st and 2nd down.

Agree Tobal. We'd probably end up replacing Buckhalter for Davis, and using him like the Steelers used Bettis (e.g., moving the chains and for short critical yardage.