CFZ The Loss is Good for Us

Pass2Run

Reaction score
As we got closer to this weekend, I felt less confident about a sure win. For one, the cardinals aren't a bad team. They are top 40 percent of teams, at least, in my book. And that defense is pretty good.

That said, if we are who we said we are, we should have been able.to beat them.

Diggs out takes away our chances of being undefeated this year.

That's all it does. We had about 1.5 percent chance to go undefeated this year. Not very likely, but not completely impossible. If all three chips fell in the right place, the Cowboys could have been undefeated.

Diggs got hurt, that brings your chances to .25. Not because Diggs is the best ever. You just need to cover your backside 90 percent of the time, if you're ever going to go undefeated.

Let's be real tho. Diggs may not be the best ever. But he does fall in the category of great.

But even the best teams lose games.

The smartest people lose at whatever it is they do the best.

They learn from it. They makes sure whatever beat them doesn't beat them again, ateast not by the same manner and means the element that beat you last time . . . Not by the same manner and means....

We're a good team.

Are we the best? The best teams play as a team together. They get on the same page as a team and forget about the individual accolades. They win as a team. Don't let the individual losses hirt you. Use them as stepping stones not to get beat.

After those first two tough wins, we came in versus Arizona a little cocktail even with our 3/5thths of our offensive line out we should have beaten them.

Wr didn't.

Just don't let that happen again and that's one less way they can beat us.

You can't control everything. But you can come in and control the tempo, the narrative and the pace of the game. That is, if you're playing with the right energy. And if you're not, then you'll be susceptible to defeat.

Just like all of us our human. Teams are made of humans I usually find myself on the humans and do my best to relate with the so called least among us. Do I find myself in that group? Probably not as much as I think about what I can do to at least not have the least.

We can't dictate what the opposition was. But you can get a feel of what it takes to beat the highest opposition possible, if you face the highest opposition.

The most worthy opponents treat every victory same as defeat.

A loss only makes you better, if you allow it.

Sometimes a loss is a win, and a win is loss. Let this be that, and it's all good.

17 games...

kevm3

Reaction score
It exposes the reality of what some of us were worried about. Can we let the offense loose when we're behind and in trouble or are we still going to be dink and dunking all day? Back to back runs in the endzone when we were down and needed two touchdowns with around 4 minutes left was inexcusable.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
People are kinda bummed out right now because the realization is setting in that this team is clearly not as good as the 49ers and Eagles.

That Sunday night game in a couple of weeks is going to be very telling, especially considering that the 49ers almost never lose at home.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
People are kinda bummed out right now because the realization is setting in that this team is clearly not as good as the 49ers and Eagles.

That Sunday night game in a couple of weeks is going to be very telling, especially considering that the 49ers almost never lose at home.
There’s nothing to tell. Stevie Wonder could see that we’re going to lose to the 49ers in a couple of weeks. The only question is how bad the beat down will be.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I just checked and verified, we Kept the ball for longer, time of pos. Dallas, we had more rushing yards Dallas, We had more passing yards, Dallas

We also had more penalties by almost 2 to 1 , Dallas, We squandered more opportunities in the rezone Dallas. My point is this was the worst I''ve seen the team play

and I see nothing that running lots of hills, up downs till you puke and Coaches pulling their heads from assorted orifices won't fix !!!!!

Let's Go Cowboys !!!!!

snadler

Reaction score
Here’s why this philosophy is wrong!! Because you can literally say this for the past 30 plus years and they have never over come it, Ever!! You can say it’s only loss, but what it does show is this team can be manhandled on the run, penalties are STILL a major problem and haven’t improved and lastly the head coach is terrible and having his team not ready to play like today can/will happen at any time

KingLerxst

Reaction score
There has never been and never will be a “good loss”. Unless you’re tanking for the best player in the next draft. Ain’t nothing you can learn from a loss that you couldn’t learn from pulling out an ugly win.

This team didn’t lose because they took the Cardinals lightly. They didn’t lose because of injuries. This team lost because the talent level isn’t nearly as good as everyone thought after the first couple of games. And I’m talking mental talent as much if not more so than physical.

The first game was more of a fluke than anything. The Cowboys are a slightly more talented team than the Giants. But certainly not 40 points better. And they lucked out not to have to face Rodgers last week. Still. Had the Jets just committed to the run. That game is probably much closer. Though probably still a Cowboys win because of such poor QB play from the Jets.

Coaching is also an issue.Quinn is a very good coordinator. And probably gets more out of less talent than most others would. But he ain’t the answer at head coach for those leaning that way either. (Oh,and having the best defensive player maybe best overall player in the league certainly helps his cause.)
McCarthy is an average at best overall coach. And maybe not even that as an offensive coordinator. Guys like Shanahan,McDaniel,Ried,Sirriani,et al. Are all head and shoulders above McCarthy. Because of coaching this team continuously shoots itself in the foot with excessive penalties at the worse times. I think they set yet another record of some kind today in that regard. And they will come out flat and unprepared at least every 3rd or 4th game or so. No matter who the competition.

Yes. This is a good team. Just not on the level as the top tier teams.10-12 wins is still probable. Barring any more major injuries. But the talent and coaching to compete with the best of the best just isn’t there. So enjoy the wins they do get. And they’ll win a game or two that they’re “not expected to” But don’t get too upset over the losses. Because there’ll be another 2 or 3 of those losses that “they’re not expected to” as well.

Or in short. Don’t set expectations to high for this team. They’re just not quite good enough to do so……..

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
This is not good for us, it is 1000% exactly what has been wrong with this team. The minute we are down pts we do not have a QB capable of bringing us back, and ultimately winning a game. No, this loss was not all on Dak but put up your hand if you knew something bad would happen in the last 5 minutes of the 4th?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It exposes the reality of what some of us were worried about. Can we let the offense loose when we're behind and in trouble or are we still going to be dink and dunking all day? Back to back runs in the endzone when we were down and needed two touchdowns with around 4 minutes left was inexcusable.
When we went for a TD instead of points, the first time, I knew we were done.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Losing is never good lol, that is more of a losing mentality. You learn from your losses but its never a good thing.

Blackrain

Reaction score
This sounds like the philosophy of the guy who hit himself in the head with a hammer because it felt so good when he stopped.

All I can say is I hope the team learned something that many of us already knew we still can't stop the run and if we're not playing with a lead where we can unleash our pass rush our defense becomes exposed.

And our offense just flat out stalls at the end of drives and can't get the ball in the end zone.

Excessive penalties no run stopping and kicking field goals will not get you to a super bowl no matter how good Micah Parsons is