The loudest the stadium has ever been?

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Just curious. To me, it sure seemed like the Colts game was the loudest it's been in quite some time. Think it's going to be loud for the last game at Texas Stadium? Man, I wish I could be there.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i had mentioned the Colts game myself in an earlier thread and it was very loud. maybe the loudest.
until this years philly game.
so loud so long i literally heard ringing in my ears for 2 days afterwards.
tomson75 was there and he basically said the same thing.
so that one gets my vote.
until saturday nights game !!!!!!!!

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
I've been to many games but the loudest was easily 9/2/92...

Dallas had Irvin come in from holdout, just signed Haley and it was a Monday Night Game against the World Champion Washington Commanders to start the season. Everyone left that stadium knowing Dallas was gonna be special that year.

No NFC Championship Game, playoff game or any other game I attended has come close.

Carl23

Reaction score
5Countem5;2505521 said:

Dallas had Irvin come in from holdout, just signed Haley and it was a Monday Night Game against the World Champion Washington Commanders to start the season. Everyone left that stadium knowing Dallas was gonna be special that year.

No NFC Championship Game, playoff game or any other game I attended has come close.

yes, that game was loud. Two of my friends, who are Skins fans, flew down with me for that game. Crazy loud, that game was.

poke

Reaction score
5Countem5;2505521 said:

i was living in new mexico then and didnt get to many games, i figured it got
pretty loud during that era....thanks for the info !!!!

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Hotcarl23;2505537 said:
yes, that game was loud. Two of my friends, who are Skins fans, flew down with me for that game. Crazy loud, that game was.

Yeah, Washington got the ball first and Haley pressured Rypien and the place went wild- been a while since we had seen a pass rush. I seem to remember they went three plays and Ike Holt partially blocked the punt and we never sat down for the entire game. I always took a AM radio to listen to Brad and Dale, but I could not even hear through the earphones- had to put it up. I had been to many before that and could not believe I was in Texas Stadium.

There may have been games AS loud (wasn't there for the Colts game) but I do not know how it could be louder.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From a TV viewer standpoint, the Philly game this year was the loudest I ever watched. It was unbelievable. Tomorrow night should be exciting and I hope the enthusiasm carries over into the new stadium.

poke

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2505603 said:
From a TV viewer standpoint, the Philly game this year was the loudest I ever watched. It was unbelievable. Tomorrow night should be exciting and I hope the enthusiasm carries over into the new stadium.

did you ever figure out how you were gonna watch the game ?

poke

Reaction score
well good luck...hope you get to see it.
life was much simpler when the NFL was on CBS and the AFL was on NBC !!

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
The recent one that stands out for me (from a TV point of perspective) was that game against the Packers last November.

Smith22

Reaction score
Recent game would be the Philly game this year. That game was LOUD.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The 3 loudest that I've been too:

1. - 1995 - vs. Philly - Divisional Playoff game - Everytime Deon would line up to return a punt - it seemed everyone would start chanting Deon, Deon, Deon - and the place would just go nuts. He'd start dancing out there and just when it seemed it couldn't get louder, it would.

2. - 1993 - vs. SF - NFC Championship - it was just electric - never sat down.

3. - Last years Green Bay game - my ears were ringing the entire time. I came out that night we a huge headache from yelling, but it was all well worth it!