The luckiest person of the last 100 years

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, who do think is the luckiest person in the last 100 years?

I don't mean they were lucky in getting where they were– Anyone that's achieved some level of success has had to invest a certain amount of work, money and time.

I mean some when you look at their career you think "Damn talk about achievement."

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I've always felt that Joe Kennedy had fortuitous luck. Made an estimated $500 million off prohibition. Put all his children through the most prestigious schools, from toddlers to college (save Rosemary; she's a whole other fascinating story), started a political dynasty of descendants.

Now, his children, not so lucky. Three sons killed too early, one a future President (Joe Jr., "the anointed one"), JFK, and RFK. And JFK Jr.

Still, with a political dynasty that still is going strong -- from the wealth and go-getter, capitalizing brain of Joe Sr., pretty dang lucky. :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always felt that Joe Kennedy had fortuitous luck. Made an estimated $500 million off prohibition. Put all his children through the most prestigious schools, from toddlers to college (save Rosemary; she's a whole other fascinating story), started a political dynasty of descendants.

Now, his children, not so lucky. Three sons killed too early, one a future President (Joe Jr., "the anointed one"), JFK, and RFK. And JFK Jr.

Still, with a political dynasty that still is going strong -- from the wealth and go-getter, capitalizing brain of Joe Sr., pretty dang lucky. :)

Joe Kennedy is a good one.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
OK, who do think is the luckiest person in the last 100 years?

I don't mean they were lucky in getting where they were– Anyone that's achieved some level of success has had to invest a certain amount of work, money and time.

I mean some when you look at their career you think "Damn talk about achievement."
Who's yours, Mike?

haleyrules

Reaction score

I bet Rose didn't feel so lucky?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
This isn't who I would chose but he'd have to be right up there:

John Wayne.

He was the lead actor in 142 movies– An astounding total.

He was an icon when he was alive and is still an icon almost 40 years after his death.

On that line, I think Elvis Presley is up higher on a list.

31 movies.
36 #1 hits
22 #1 albums
150 albums or singles certified gold, platinum or multi-platinum
More than 1 BILLION records sold
Hawaii concert in 1973 viewed by more than 1 billion viewers...more than people who watched the man on the moon.
14 grammy nominations
3 grammy wins
Sergeant in the Military

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

31 movies.
36 #1 hits
22 #1 albums
Hawaii concert in 1973 viewed by more than 1 billion viewers...more than people who watched the man on the moon.
14 grammy nominations
3 grammy wins
Sergeant in the Military

True. Lot's of good stuff there.

I think there are two knocks against him...

Relatively short life.

The whole drug thing that he was dealing with the last few years of his life. He wasn't what's the right word... A light "recreational" user, where it didn't affect his lifestyle. He was a full fledged addict.

I'd put Michael Jackson in the same category.

haleyrules

Reaction score

31 movies.
36 #1 hits
22 #1 albums
14 grammy nominations
3 grammy wins
Sergeant in the Military
Was he lucky or super talented??