Recap: The Manster on The Ticket, recap

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy White was on with Norm on the Ticket.

Talk a bit about the charity he and Too Tall Jones have coming up. City House Sevices, for protection of "at risk" kids, abuse, homeless, etc.
cityhouse.org/gala for those interested

He was invited to come to TC, but had another engagement and could not attend, but he really wanted to get out there to observe.

Said over the last 2 years with being riddled with injuries, really hurts a team more than people know.
You lose a few starters or so, it really changes the entire way they need to play.

He does not see this defense going into this year as a negative, as we do not know how they will come out playing. He sees it as an opportunity.
Because these are young players, and if they can stay healthy , STARS will evolve, it's just the way it works. Now they may not show it at first, but they will evolve.

Norm asked if he was on defense, and went up against Romo. What would he think, do.
Randy said, you just go play, go after him like normal. This team would not put Romo out there if he wasn't ready and they didn't think he gave them the best chance to win.

So from defense, stop the run, then go after the QB. But from the offense, establish the run, then that opens up the playbook, play action passes and then it keeps the defense from coming after the QB.

Randy only missed 1 game in his career. He said he broke his foot, metacarpal [spelling?] on a Sunday against the Eagles, and they played Houston on Thanksgiving. So 3 days, he had it taped, tried to give it a go, but couldn't. Ten days later, they got a steel shoe, and put a steel plate on his foot for support. Played rest of the season.

Then they talked about some windfarms he has got into building around Texas.

#54 the Manster, one of my all time favorites, and still is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So from defense, stop the run, then go after the QB. But from the offense, establish the run, then that opens up the playbook, play action passes and then it keeps the defense from coming after the QB.
This is my philosophy as well until the defense can prove itself capable of pressuring the quarterback.
Randy only missed 1 game in his career. He said he broke his foot, metacarpal [spelling?] on a Sunday against the Eagles, and they played Houston on Thanksgiving. So 3 days, he had it taped, tried to give it a go, but couldn't. Ten days later, they got a steel shoe, and put a steel plate on his foot for support. Played rest of the season.
They don't make them like Randy White anymore. :)

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Carpal will relate to the hand while tarsal will relate to the foot. But he played with a broken foot? Some of these legendary tales I never know what to make of them. Didn't we just lose D-Law for the first third of the season for a similar injury?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On my bucket list is fishing with Randy. Somehow I'm guessing it never gets crossed off.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carpal will relate to the hand while tarsal will relate to the foot. But he played with a broken foot? Some of these legendary tales I never know what to make of them. Didn't we just lose D-Law for the first third of the season for a similar injury?

He may have said tarsal and i didn't hear him right.
Anyway, it was his foot.

and yes DLaw injury similar, as I was thinking, throw some dirt on it, tape it up, get him back out there...LOL

lkelly

Reaction score
They should have shoved that steel shoe up a certain orifice of Miles Austin.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Randy White was on with Norm on the Ticket.

Talk a bit about the charity he and Too Tall Jones have coming up. City House Sevices, for protection of "at risk" kids, abuse, homeless, etc.
cityhouse.org/gala for those interested

He was invited to come to TC, but had another engagement and could not attend, but he really wanted to get out there to observe.

Said over the last 2 years with being riddled with injuries, really hurts a team more than people know.
You lose a few starters or so, it really changes the entire way they need to play.

He does not see this defense going into this year as a negative, as we do not know how they will come out playing. He sees it as an opportunity.
Because these are young players, and if they can stay healthy , STARS will evolve, it's just the way it works. Now they may not show it at first, but they will evolve.

Norm asked if he was on defense, and went up against Romo. What would he think, do.
Randy said, you just go play, go after him like normal. This team would not put Romo out there if he wasn't ready and they didn't think he gave them the best chance to win.

Then they talked about some windfarms he has got into building around Texas.

#54 the Manster, one of my all time favorites, and still is.

"Randy White must be some kind of delusional homer if he thinks there are any stars or future stars on this defense."