The Maturity of Deion

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I saw that. Lost in the haters who obsess more about Deion's commercials is the fact that he truly cares for the kids. You will never see a college coach again who came up through the ranks with his team, and cares so much about the experience his kids are having on the national stage.

Get ready for some scary recruiting classes. They're going to look at old Nick Saban and podunk Alabama, and then look at Coach Prime and beautiful Colorado, and it will be a no brainer.

The other news that is impressive are the ratings for his games. He is truly good for college football. Every game is like a Cowboys game breaking ratings records.

Their first real competition test is this week against Oregon. Stinks that they don't have Hunter for this game and USC, but hope they can do some damage. Great turnaround, but realistically, he needs at least another year to build that roster to what he wants.

kev8822

Reaction score
I saw that. Lost in the haters who obsess more about Deion's commercials is the fact that he truly cares for the kids. You will never see a college coach again who came up through the ranks with his team, and cares so much about the experience his kids are having on the national stage.

Get ready for some scary recruiting classes. They're going to look at old Nick Saban and podunk Alabama, and then look at Coach Prime and beautiful Colorado, and it will be a no brainer.

The other news that is impressive are the ratings for his games. He is truly good for college football. Every game is like a Cowboys game breaking ratings records.

Their first real competition test is this week against Oregon. Stinks that they don't have Hunter for this game and USC, but hope they can do some damage. Great turnaround, but realistically, he needs at least another year to build that roster to what he wants.
If he stays there, I doubt he kills it in recruiting. I'm sure it will be better than it has been, but I see him doing great in the transfer portal. He'll get a bunch of kids that already got their big NIL deals from the SEC schools or Ohio State and are looking for a fresh start or more playing time.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Very well said by Deion.

I'm in the camp that has always liked him even if he was over the top at times.
My wife knew him in college and one her closest friends is still very close friends with him
She said he was straight-laced and polite college, just...different with the chains, etc.

But let's be real here, NO coach is going to not condemn a death thread over a bad hit.
I like Sanders (even more than most, I suspect), but let's not act like he is Mother Thersa here.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m a CU Alum and still live in Boulder. While I’ve really enjoyed how he has breathed life back into the football program (which was on life support), I’m not the biggest fan of all the trash talk, constant drama, the arrogance, etc.

With that being said, I still appreciate what he has done for the school so far and how much talent he got to come to Boulder in such a short amount of time. I’ve been to nearly every home game the last 7 years and let me tell you, the stadium has NEVER been rocking like it has this season.

I do wonder what the future holds, but CU football’s trajectory is undoubtedly upward.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Deion is a great testimony for God's life changing grace. I see him as an inspiration and a brother.