The Middle Aged Song Thread

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If I were to run into Neil Diamond, my one and only question would be.... Did you ever think your number one hit, Sweet Caroline would be played and sung to at every College football game played every single year?!

My Youngest Daughter's name is Carolyn. For her 21st BDay, we went to Nashville. Took her to the Stripe and Printer's Ally. We were in Bourbon Street and I was able to get the Band to play this, which was no easy trick since it was standing room only and about 5 deep with college girls listening to the band up front. I had to buy a lot of beers that night. Anyway, I got the attention of the base guitar player, cost me a Benjamin, but I basically got him to edge of the stage and told him that my Daughter was 21, we were here from NM and if he could play something for her. He asked me what her name was, I told him and sure enough, like 30 minutes later, he called her up to the stage, sang Sweet Caroline to her. It was cool because it was a kind of laid back College crowed anyway so not completely out of hand but kinda rowdy. Anyway, they brought her up, explained to everybody in the bar and then everybody in the place sang it to her. It was pretty cool, I think she had fun.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
My Youngest Daughter's name is Carolyn. For her 21st BDay, we went to Nashville. Took her to the Stripe and Printer's Ally. We were in Bourbon Street and I was able to get the Band to play this, which was no easy trick since it was standing room only and about 5 deep with college girls listening to the band up front. I had to buy a lot of beers that night. Anyway, I got the attention of the base guitar player, cost me a Benjamin, but I basically got him to edge of the stage and told him that my Daughter was 21, we were here from NM and if he could play something for her. He asked me what her name was, I told him and sure enough, like 30 minutes later, he called her up to the stage, sang Sweet Caroline to her. It was cool because it was a kind of laid back College crowed anyway so not completely out of hand but kinda rowdy. Anyway, they brought her up, explained to everybody in the bar and then everybody in the place sang it to her. It was pretty cool, I think she had fun.
Oh what a nice story ABQ. Caroline is such a pretty name. Thank you for sharing.:)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At that age, it's pretty clear when they're not having fun, so I'm sure you're right! lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Do they employ hot chicks?

Not exactly. What happens is they recruit folks who they think might qualify as candidates. Then they send you for a kind of work program or a onsite training program. You get three squares a day and on occasion, some of your fellow, ahhhhh, lets call them trainees, might actually see you as kinda hot.