The mind of Aaron Hernandez

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If you haven’t watched this I highly recommend it. Very thought provoking and a bit of an eye opener into the inner workings of the NFL.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If you haven’t watched this I highly recommend it. Very thought provoking and a bit of an eye opener into the inner workings of the NFL.
OMG Rocky, just finished watching it. Too many questions remain. The young man had it all. He took many secrets to his grave.

Why he killed Odin we'll never know. And killing the two guys at the bar when one spilled a beer on Aaron was just crazy. He (like many others) think their invincible because of the $ they have. Very sad.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
OMG Rocky, just finished watching it. Too many questions remain. The young man had it all. He took many secrets to his grave.

Why he killed Odin we'll never know. And killing the two guys at the bar when one spilled a beer on Aaron was just crazy. He (like many others) think their invincible because of the $ they have. Very sad.
Maybe his upbringing has something to do with it. Also he was very immature and possibly not very bright. Just a combination of things that led him down the path he took. It was a great show.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Currently watching it and it really is eye opening. The part where AH says “those illegal drugs they tell you not to take? The give it to me every *bleep* game.”

HungryLion

Reaction score
Maybe his upbringing has something to do with it. Also he was very immature and possibly not very bright. Just a combination of things that led him down the path he took. It was a great show.

It was a really well done documentary.

I wasn’t previously aware, of him being sexually abused as a child.

As someone who used to work with juvenile victims and perpetrators of sexual abuse, it would be an explanation for why he went down some of the roads that he chose.

When childhood victims of sexual abuse go without treatment or other healthy ways to cope with the trauma, it leads to all kinds of problems. The reported confusion that he had over his sexual orientation, the anger, the impulsive decision making, the aggression, the substance abuse, etc.

Obviously being a victim of sexual abuse as a child is NOT a justification for the horrible things he did, and it isn’t an excuse. But unfortunately, that’s the end result it has for some. I’ve seen it with some of the kids I previously worked with. There are several that are in jail for murder as I type this.