The momentum shifted to Pitt

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
when Romo missed a wide open Williams in the end zone....IMO, 17-3, would have put a nail in the Steelers coffin. However, when they held us to a FG, then it left the door wide open for them.

Smith22

Reaction score
Momentum was huge on that punt return that Ball completely overran. IF Ball just plays his lane and contains, the PR goes 10 yards, maybe.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Smith22;2469531 said:
Momentum was huge on that punt return that Ball completely overran. IF Ball just plays his lane and contains, the PR goes 10 yards, maybe.

No, that was not the momentum. Its Terrance Newman giving up that big play, when Steelers were barely able to move the ball.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Biggems;2469485 said:
when Romo missed a wide open Williams in the end zone....IMO, 17-3, would have put a nail in the Steelers coffin. However, when they held us to a FG, then it left the door wide open for them.

Well, you would think 13-3 with 7 minutes left was good enough to win this game.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2469568 said:
No, that was not the momentum. Its Terrance Newman giving up that big play, when Steelers were barely able to move the ball.

but we stuffed them on 4th down on the goal line.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
SacredStar;2469577 said:
Well, you would think 13-3 with 7 minutes left was good enough to win this game.

17-3 would have been even better.

Smith22

Reaction score
The other big play was when Big Ben avoided that sack near the sideline (I know Rat and Ware missed him), completing the big pass to Holmes, who had unreal foot work on that catch.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
That punt return by Holmes was when it all shifted.

Smith22

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2469568 said:

That play resulted in ZERO points actually.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2469568 said:

yes Newman bit on the play, but on 3rd and long, I have no idea why we didnt have an all out blitz...we rushed 3 or 4 and got no pressure.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
i said to my co workers here...we are gonna find a way to lose after the field goal they kicked hit the upright and went in.....then we didnt do anything with the ball at the 40 after the kick outta bounds!!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Future;2469616 said:
Uh, he threw that pass with his left hand...

well Williams was open the entire time. when he rolled out, had he just tossed it with his right hand, we would have had 17.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Smith22;2469634 said:
Thank you.
meaning it was unreasonable to expect that pass to be completed. He was running for his life...just getting rid of the ball was a very good play.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
If the refs had reviewed that pass like they should have, or given Ben the correct spot a few plays later....this board is likely singing a very different tune right now.

Our defense won that game for us....but our offense gave it back to the steelers. The refs were the enablers.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
tomson75;2469686 said:
If the refs had reviewed that pass like they should have, or given Ben the correct spot a few plays later....this board is likely singing a very different tune right now.

Our defense won that game for us....but our offense gave it back to the steelers. The refs were the enablers.

Are you talking about the one scramble by Ben when they gave him a whole extra yard?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
tomson75;2469686 said:

What pass? I don't remember anything in the last 2 minutes that should have been reviewed, and we were out of reviews after the Big Ben play...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
tomson75;2469721 said:
That's the one.

i thought the refs did a very good job of letting the teams play today. Both teams were chippy. There were several opportunities to call either team for illegal contact or holding in the secondary, but they didnt. There was holding and hands to the face that was seldom called.

Honestly my only beef with the refs was the spotting of the ball. It seemed to favor Pittsburgh all game, except on that last completion to Williams.